• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Election preparations

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
As a Canadian, I am always perplexed with American elections. A national election in Canada typically last somewhere between 35 and 45 days. Our electoral districts (that we call ridings) are not the creations of political parties. We require ID -- that's not a bad thing, and we will accept such forms of ID as a letter from our tax department (Canada Revenue Agency, CRA) that has your name and address on it. So not all that fussy. And we've got polling places everywhere -- I once stood in a line for almost 17 minutes! Imagine!

And of course, we have lots of time for advance voting, in case I'm planning to spend election day in London's west end watching a show.

But there really is no fuss.I just don't get you guys!

The US is such an anomaly.

F1fan

Veteran Member
We clearly have different views of the OP. I found it to be little more than ugly click-bait.
It illustrates how those on the right side of American politics are cynical to the extreme, and have contempt for our elections if their candidates don't win.

The worry by homeland security is possible violence by the right if election results do not go the way they want, as happened on Jan 6, 2021. It's more a worry for the 2024 elections than the miidterms, so there is about 2 years to work towards election stability. If the republicans take back the house then there's a question whether they will support such a bill.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
It illustrates how those on the right side of American politics are cynical to the extreme, and have contempt for our elections if their candidates don't win.

The worry by homeland security is possible violence by the right if election results do not go the way they want, as happened on Jan 6, 2021. It's more a worry for the 2024 elections than the miidterms, so there is about 2 years to work towards election stability. If the republicans take back the house then there's a question whether they will support such a bill.
There is zero question concerning GOP willingness to erode democracy.

F1fan

Veteran Member
There is zero question concerning GOP willingness to erode democracy.
Hearing the far right speak to this issue they seem to believe that it's their duty to "protect" America by vilifying democrats, and misrepresenting what their policies are, as if conservatives are entitled to leadership. Oddly, they also say governement is bad, and by their actions they prove it. There is a serious issue of bad faith in politics.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Hearing the far right speak to this issue they seem to believe that it's their duty to "protect" America by vilifying democrats, and misrepresenting what their policies are, as if conservatives are entitled to leadership. Oddly, they also say governement is bad, and by their actions they prove it. There is a serious issue of bad faith in politics.
This is not the position of the far right. On the contrary, these fascists insist that today's conservatives are RINOs deserving of death threats rather than positions of leadership.