• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Election Misinformation Drops Over 70 Percent After Social Media Platforms Suspend Trump

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
Misinformation about election fraud has decreased 73 percent since President Donald Trump and allies have been suspended from multiple social media sites last week, according to a new study.

The study by San Francisco-based analytics firm Zignal Labs found that conversations about election fraud decreased by 2.5 million mentions to 688,000 mentions across social media sites from January 9 to January 15.

Trump was indefinitely blocked from his Facebook and Instagram pages on January 7.

Twitter then announced on January 8 they would also permanently suspend the president's account due to the risk of further violence following the attack on the Capitol. Twitter also banned more than 70,000 accounts associated with QAnon on January 11.

Trump has reportedly been searching for a new social media home. "We have been negotiating with various other sites, and will have a big announcement soon, while we also look at the possibilities of building out our own platform in the near future," he said in a January 8 statement.
Election misinformation drops over 70 percent after social media platforms suspend Trump: study

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Misinformation about election fraud has decreased 73 percent since President Donald Trump and allies have been suspended from multiple social media sites last week, according to a new study.

The study by San Francisco-based analytics firm Zignal Labs found that conversations about election fraud decreased by 2.5 million mentions to 688,000 mentions across social media sites from January 9 to January 15.

Trump was indefinitely blocked from his Facebook and Instagram pages on January 7.

Twitter then announced on January 8 they would also permanently suspend the president's account due to the risk of further violence following the attack on the Capitol. Twitter also banned more than 70,000 accounts associated with QAnon on January 11.

Trump has reportedly been searching for a new social media home. "We have been negotiating with various other sites, and will have a big announcement soon, while we also look at the possibilities of building out our own platform in the near future," he said in a January 8 statement.
Election misinformation drops over 70 percent after social media platforms suspend Trump: study
They have a percentile figured out?

So whats the remaining 30% entail of?

Or did they simply pull that number out of their a..nether regions?

Martin

Spam, wonderful spam (bloody vikings!)
Ironic how the Farting Trumpet kept whinging about "fake news", when most of what he said was exactly that.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV

People like to hear "new" News. So, I am not surprised it went down. Last week I predicted that Trump will be forgotten soon, so no need to worry too much what happened. BUT would be wise to remember not to vote for Trump again ... he is old and has not eternal life, so probably won't try again.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I'm wondering if twitter and Facebook suspended his account cause they don't want to get sued?

If trump broke FB and Twitter policies he should have been suspended long time ago. That, or, "they" suspended him got their own reasons even though trump was innocent in such. Now, I don't believe some of the things they say trump did mostly because they're trying to use every time in the book to toss him and people hate his guts. I wouldn't be surprised if it's not all trump's fault. People would probably agree with "them" even if it wasn't.