• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Election day: Do you turn to the left or turn to the right for help? Or do you turn up?

whirlingmerc

Another question is which candidate (if either) is more likely to use godly principles and look to God for help?

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
This election I looked down and the candidate I didn't see I voted for. So you could guess who was left. At least there were some lower ballot questions.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Another question is which candidate (if either) is more likely to use godly principles and look to God for help?
Going by past practice, it certainly will not be Trump. For one thing, Hillary regularly attends church whereas the Donald doesn't.

Secondly, Trump was brought up in one of those health & wealth churches, which is clearly not what the gospel teaches, but Hillary belongs to a church that actually emphasizes the real gospel, such as found in the Sermon On the Mount and Matthew 25 and so on.

Thirdly, since when is demeaning others, groping women, bragging about walking into locker rooms whereas women and teens are changing clothes, saying he would carpet-bomb in the Middle East and maybe even use nukes, making malicious fun of people, etc, part of the gospel? I'm not sure which "Jesus" would condone such words and actions, but I'm confident it would not be Jesus of Nazareth.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Don't boo: vote!
Don't stress: vote!
Don't trust: vote!
Don't wuss out: vote.

Vote! Szavazás! تصويت Vota! Голос! Voto! Abstimmung! Votazione!
Yes, and just a reminder to all that today is when the Democrats are scheduled to vote and tomorrow is when the Republicans are scheduled to vote.

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
Yes, and just a reminder to all that today is when the Democrats are scheduled to vote and tomorrow is when the Republicans are scheduled to vote.
Even better, Republicans are allowed to text their vote in. Send "I'm a dufus" to 87557.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
A Facebook friend recently posted the following dua:

اللهم لا تسلط علينا من لا يرحمنا
Oh Allah, do not appoint over us those who do not have mercy upon us.

To which I can only say:

אָמֵן (amen)

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Well, since the Hildebeast has this in the bag, at least Democrats can just sit at home and watch the glory unfold on TV. May the best megalomaniac win!

David1967

Premium Member
Hopefully whoever is chosen is decent enough to not let their religious beliefs and opinions of God's will get in the way of governing responsibly. that being said, neither candidate seems to be very religious.

I think both candidates are religious where its perceived as helpful to their campaign.