• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Elder Scrolls Online

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
I thought this warranted its own thread!

The first Elder Scrolls game I played was Skyrim and I instantly became obsessed with it. I still play it now. I found the Elder Scrolls Off the Record podcast and after listening to the 100 episodes, I became curious about ESO.

I have been sick and was browsing Steam when I saw they had ESO and it was an impulse buy within seconds. This I do not regret. It is beautiful and fun and it has just floored me competely. The characters in it are so human like with their personalities.

I am currently playing a Wood Elf Nightblade at level 10. I got annoyed at it for the first time last night when I kept getting owned by a two handed sword enemy (Veiled Heritance).

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Might seem a strange question, but is there much of a story to it?
I've really just played around with online gaming, but the one I did invest some time into at one point was Star Wars, Knights of the Old Republic, and at least part of the reason for that was the engaging storyline (particularly by MMO standards)

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
Might seem a strange question, but is there much of a story to it?
I've really just played around with online gaming, but the one I did invest some time into at one point was Star Wars, Knights of the Old Republic, and at least part of the reason for that was the engaging storyline (particularly by MMO standards)
Yup its got a main storyline which intrigues me and ghen a sub story line which changes depending on which pact you choose.

The Neo Nerd

Being an ex-WoW player i found ESO dissapointing.

Everything about it was clunky.

Whilst it had instances/dungeons it had none or simplistic aggro mechanics.

Healing was more of a spray and pray affair.

I played it for a month and then deleted it.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member

Out of interest, how long ago was that?
It was held up on multiple occasions for the PS4 because it needed a little tender loving care (apparently) so I'm wondering if even the ESO folks would agree with you, and whether it's in a better place now.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I've been wanting to try it, but having played TES since Morrowind, I'm not sure how much I like the idea of an MMO TES. It kinda screws with the who prophecy aspects behind the main story lines.

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!

They didn't really want it to be just like WoW. It is meant to be a hybrid of the other Elder Scrolls games and MMOs. I believe it has been dramatically improved since it was first released and a lot of people are enjoying it after coming back to it after major changes have been made. I held off for a long time because I thought I would hate it.