• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Elder Scrolls Online

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I'm all giddy inside from being reminded of it!!
Now just hopefully there won't be a monumental scripting error in the game that prevents me from playing it. Actually I have to say for such awesome games, The Elder Scrolls remain, the last two especially, some of the worst games I've ever played. If they weren't so immersive, so detailed, so open, and so breath taking at times they would really suck. Especially Oblivion with it's choppy movements and horrible physics.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
It'll ruin everything I like about Bethesda's games, so no, not really. Plus it's unlikely to be out on the Mac anyway and I'm not interested in installing Windows OS just to play games.

freethinker44

I'm all giddy inside from being reminded of it!!
Now just hopefully there won't be a monumental scripting error in the game that prevents me from playing it. Actually I have to say for such awesome games, The Elder Scrolls remain, the last two especially, some of the worst games I've ever played. If they weren't so immersive, so detailed, so open, and so breath taking at times they would really suck. Especially Oblivion with it's choppy movements and horrible physics.

Maybe you need a better graphics card. I had no problem with Skyrim or Oblivion. I get what you mean about the physics though, they are kind of cartoonish. In particular, I don't like the rag-doll effect when you something dies, and then it slides away from you on even the slightest slope.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Maybe you need a better graphics card. I had no problem with Skyrim or Oblivion. I get what you mean about the physics though, they are kind of cartoonish. In particular, I don't like the rag-doll effect when you something dies, and then it slides away from you on even the slightest slope.
It's a scripting error. Although I did try the game again after I did upgrade my graphics card, but I was still having the same problem. What happens is during the opening scene, I don't remember the guys name but he doesn't talk, and instead he just moves his mouth and head. The chariots eventually arrive at the fort, and even though the chariots do reach their destination they never actually stop and the game is stuck in a limbo of not actually freezing or crashing but simply being stuck due to the scripting not working properly.
As for the graphics card I have now, it's not top of the line but it's pretty good. I get smooth performance and high FPS rates out of WoW, Borderlands 2, and Assassins Creed 3 on the highest settings.

freethinker44

It's a scripting error. Although I did try the game again after I did upgrade my graphics card, but I was still having the same problem. What happens is during the opening scene, I don't remember the guys name but he doesn't talk, and instead he just moves his mouth and head. The chariots eventually arrive at the fort, and even though the chariots do reach their destination they never actually stop and the game is stuck in a limbo of not actually freezing or crashing but simply being stuck due to the scripting not working properly.
As for the graphics card I have now, it's not top of the line but it's pretty good. I get smooth performance and high FPS rates out of WoW, Borderlands 2, and Assassins Creed 3 on the highest settings.

That's weird, your graphics card sounds better than mine and I have played multiple play throughs with none of those problems. You may have a bad copy of the game or something.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
That's weird, your graphics card sounds better than mine and I have played multiple play throughs with none of those problems. You may have a bad copy of the game or something.
One article I read while searching for a fix made a joke about there being two types of people in the world, those who can play Skyrim on their computer and those who can't. I do have the game on ps3, but last I checked the DLC was still not available on the psn.

F0uad

It'll ruin everything I like about Bethesda's games, so no, not really. Plus it's unlikely to be out on the Mac anyway and I'm not interested in installing Windows OS just to play games.

It will be available for the Mac they mentioned this earlier.

F0uad

One article I read while searching for a fix made a joke about there being two types of people in the world, those who can play Skyrim on their computer and those who can't. I do have the game on ps3, but last I checked the DLC was still not available on the psn.

Maybe its a Ps3 thingy i never had any bug in my Skyrim game. I rather play Elder scrolls game on a PC.

Ps: Beta-Keys are not being released yet they will announce when.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
I loved both Skyrim and Oblivion, but I played both primarily on the XBox, since I have really bad computers; my current laptop actually has the worst graphics card for gaming. I haven't had a whole lot of major problems. (I will say that I regard Morrowind as the better RPG than both of them, by far.)

That said, I'm excited, but worried as well. I've always wanted an online element to the Elder Scrolls games, but I worry that it will just be another fantasy MMO with little to nothing special about it.

Musty

I'm already playing GW2 and Eve Online. Haven't got time for another MMO although I'm certainly interested!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
That said, I'm excited, but worried as well. I've always wanted an online element to the Elder Scrolls games, but I worry that it will just be another fantasy MMO with little to nothing special about it.
I suspect it will probably be nothing more than an MMO that happens to take place in Tamriel. It will probably be painfully addicting, but I don't see much for a potential story since The Elder Scrolls story has always revolved around a single player theme.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I'm rather jaded by mmos. They're sweet the first few few months when they're fresh and new, yet then inevitably go sour and downhill, further broken with each expansion.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
(I will say that I regard Morrowind as the better RPG than both of them, by far.)

I loved Morrowind (although the ability to save anywhere made things a little cheap and easy. Failed a theft attept? Just reload until success, etc.) while I couldn't stand Oblivion (the fact that it was easier to beat the game with a level 2 character than it was with a level 22 character was ***-backwards). Haven't played Skyrim as it really didn't pique my interest.

Last edited:

Riverwolf

Premium Member
I loved Morrowind (although the ability to save anywhere made things a little cheap and easy. Failed a theft attept? Just reload until success, etc.) while I couldn't stand Oblivion (the fact that it was easier to beat the game with a level 2 character than it was with a level 22 character was ***-backwards). Haven't played Skyrim as it really didn't pique my interest.

I loved Oblivion, actually, though I deliberately didn't take advantage of the leveling flaws, so I guess that helped. However, I'd bet there's mods to fix that. Morrowind is infinitely better with mods, and while I haven't confirmed this with my PC copy of Oblivion (since I played the game to death on the Xbox), I hear tell that it's the case there, too.

Not sure about Skyrim.

F0uad

The developers of the game did emphasis that it will be a Elder Scrolls Serie with a Online element

The most interesting aspect for me is that Skyrim keeps its size and there are 8 more provinces added that are around the same size. I spoke to some Alpha-testers and they confirmed ESO's claim that the graphics will be better then Skyim's.

Anyone here interested in making a guild yet? :p

9Westy9

Sceptic, Libertarian, Egalitarian
Premium Member
The developers of the game did emphasis that it will be a Elder Scrolls Serie with a Online element

The most interesting aspect for me is that Skyrim keeps its size and there are 8 more provinces added that are around the same size. I spoke to some Alpha-testers and they confirmed ESO's claim that the graphics will be better then Skyim's.

Anyone here interested in making a guild yet? :p

A rf guild? colour me interested

Riverwolf

Premium Member
A rf guild? colour me interested

I'd be interested, too, but I'd probably not actually join in the play for a bit. I like to hear about whether an MMO is worth paying for before forking over the cash.