• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Elder Scrolls 6 Wishlist

Nimos

I have so many opinions on this. Let me count the ways. *deep breath*

(Note that I understand many of these are unrealistic to expect. This is a wish list.)
Agree with all your points.

Personally for me, I hope they manage to use another and better game engine. To me their games despite their size always feels a bit underpopulated, you go to the capital of a specific region and if you are lucky there might be around 30-40 people living there in total.

Also I hope that they bring back the spell crafting, which in my opinion was one of the funniest and most unique things about the series. That you could combine spells and effects as you pleased to make some very strange spells.

Then they have to update the inventory and how that works, most of the time this is extremely bad (especially for PC), because they seem to try to port a console inventory, which is very poor or limited compared to using mouse and keyboard.

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
Agree with all your points.

Personally for me, I hope they manage to use another and better game engine. To me their games despite their size always feels a bit underpopulated, you go to the capital of a specific region and if you are lucky there might be around 30-40 people living there in total.

Also I hope that they bring back the spell crafting, which in my opinion was one of the funniest and most unique things about the series. That you could combine spells and effects as you pleased to make some very strange spells.

Then they have to update the inventory and how that works, most of the time this is extremely bad (especially for PC), because they seem to try to port a console inventory, which is very poor or limited compared to using mouse and keyboard.

Yes to these too, especially spell creation! I forgot about that! Hopefully not crippled like Oblivion's was. Morrowind spell creation was so fun, but that's also because they gave you so many spell effects to play with.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
:
Yeah hopefully they are not going to screw that up and also they have to make or keep it modding friendly and not try to milk that system as well.
I've seen so many beloved games ruined by that practice.

Elder scrolls online completely ruined the lore and immersion for me. I dont even want to think about the debacle called 76 if Bethesda decides to go that route with the elder scrolls series.

Keep the original flavor like Morrowind, the crafting, the storylines intact, and it's a winner.

Personally I'd like to explore the books and go to those places to see what I can dig up.

I have an immense fascination with Dwemer lore and the mystery surrounding them and explored old Dwemer sites for hours based on the books I found to see what I can discover as a result.

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
:

Elder scrolls online completely ruined the lore and immersion for me. I dont even want to think about the debacle called 76 if Bethesda decides to go that route with the elder scrolls series.

Keep the original flavor like Morrowind, the crafting, the storylines intact, and it's a winner.

Personally I'd like to explore the books and go to those places to see what I can dig up.

I have an immense fascination with Dwemer lore and the mystery surrounding them and explored old Dwemer sites for hours based on the books I found to see what I can discover as a result.

One of my favorite characters of all time was a Bosmer named Gelbrennil. She was pure mage, specializing in Destruction, Mysticism, and Alteration (I was trying to go for something remotely like a tinkerer concept) and I roleplayed her as an archaeologist. So I took over that house in Balmora with the dead Hlaalu guy in it and redecorated it with all this dwemer stuff she would bring back from her adventures. The bookshelves were full of books on the dwemer, including the rarest volumes that there were only a couple of copies of in the game (though some were required for quests, I think I got them back or found other copies).

I believe despite hanging out in Balmora she was actually House Telvanni, because that way she could do her research and be left alone (and the Telvanni wouldn't care that she was illegally taking dwemer artifacts).

Edit: I'm remembering wrong about the bookshelves, I don't think you could place books on shelves in Morrowind (unless you laid them down flat). I put them in a chest or something.

Actually haha, if I remember right, I left the dead guy's corpse there because it had infinite storage capacity.

Nimos

Yeah the greed is strong in these companies :D

They did sort of try to do it, but it got a lot of backlash from the community.

I tried it when it came out, but only played for an hour or so, it had nothing of the stuff from a Elder scroll game, except the names and stuff. Besides that it was just yet another MMO with a lot of grinding and pointless quests of you having to collect 20 shells from the beach and stuff like that.

Yeah, it should be a RPG with focus on stats, customization and freedom of choice, which allow the player to do things more or less at the speed they chooses (for the most part). And also make the character they want to, to me that is what give these games replayability and makes it fun to go back and try new stuff.

I just like exploring, I don't like in games like CP, where you constantly feel like you have to do certain things to keep the story believable as @Meow Mix also mentioned. Its fine that there is some of that occasionally, but for the most part I prefer to be able to roam.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
I want to go back to roleplaying. It's still possible to pretend just hard enough to get some roleplaying out of them, but it's nothing like it was.

Ever tried Mount and Blade?
They're not pretty, but Bannerlord has some of what you're talking about, for sure.