• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

El Rushbo's last days

tytlyf

Not Religious
In the final days of El Rushbo's life, do you think he'll grow a conscience on what he's done to America over the last 3 decades?
Or will he go down in silence and not reveal anything?
I personally believe Rush will grow a conscience (of some sort) and is currently dealing with that and how to exit the political scene for good and what his final legacy will be.
I caught Rush the other day mentioning that he "felt he was a failure."
What do you think?

Rush Limbaugh leaves Twitter: Radio host deactivates Twitter account

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
In the final days of El Rushbo's life, do you think he'll grow a conscience on what he's done to America over the last 3 decades?
I personally believe Rush will grow a conscience (of some sort) and is currently dealing with that and how to exit the political scene for good and what his final legacy will be.
What do you think?

Not a chance. He left Twitter in support of Trump. The problem is that many of the Trump followers are "True believers". They actually believe what they say, even though one would think that would take extreme levels of self delusion.

PureX

Veteran Member
What do you think?

Oh, I think we're all seeing his 'legacy', aren't we.

Will he grow a conscience over it? Not one big enough to out-shout his ego.

tytlyf

Not Religious
Not a chance. He left Twitter in support of Trump. The problem is that many of the Trump followers are "True believers". They actually believe what they say, even though one would think that would take extreme levels of self delusion.
I don't think he left in support of Trump. I think he was looking for a way to exit anyways and that he didn't really want to use twitter to begin with.
El Rushbo's cancer only gives him a short while more, that's what I'm referring to.
My guess is he has another month or 2 left til he passes. His voice and strength are on the out anyways as it stands now.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
What do you think?

No more or less than Ed Schultz had when he died of whom I regarded as the Rush Limbaugh of the left.

Legacys are what people make of it.

Colt

What do you think?

Love Rush, been with him from the beginning in the 80's. He's been a tremendous force for good in the face of relentless hatred from the Left. His power, influence and body of work makes him one of the most extraordinary men in American history. Truly a sincere and decent man.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
Love Rush, been with him from the beginning in the 80's. He's been a tremendous force for good in the face of relentless hatred from the Left. His power, influence and body of work makes him one of the most extraordinary men in American history. Truly a sincere and decent man.

"One of the most extraordinary men in history."

Wow. I'm not sure how to more strongly express how deeply disturbing that assessment is.

Colt

"One of the most extraordinary men in history."

Wow. I'm not sure how to more strongly express how deeply disturbing that assessment is.
The Left truly has difficulty understanding people who like America.That’s why there aren’t any Leftist radio personalities anywhere near as popular as Rush.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
The Left truly has difficulty understanding people who like America.That’s why there aren’t any Leftist radio personalities anywhere near as popular as Rush.

None of that is true. I am a leftist, and I like America. I like it for all the reasons people like Rush don't: secularism, democracy, anti-authoritarianism, feminism, LGBTQ rights, the war on poverty, and so on.

No one listens to the radio anymore - certainly no one in my generation. Radio was the media of 2 generations ago. We don't even watch cable news anymore. We consume news and political commentary through the Internet. Also, popularity does not indicate correctness.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I remember one startling thing about Rush from
listening decades ago....
He seemed of the Christian right, but I never once
heard him dis atheists. Even liberal NPR would
occasionally hit us with epithets like "self described".
He abused & mocked many...but not us heathens.

Sounds like an epitaph, eh.

Colt

None of that is true. I am a leftist, and I like America. I like it for all the reasons people like Rush don't: secularism, democracy, anti-authoritarianism, feminism, LGBTQ rights, the war on poverty, and so on.

No one listens to the radio anymore - certainly no one in my generation. Radio was the media of 2 generations ago. We don't even watch cable news anymore. We consume news and political commentary through the Internet. Also, popularity does not indicate correctness.
That could be why you are misinformed, you don't even listen to the radio. Rush has 43 million listeners at any given moment who stay on the program an average of 2 hours and 25 minutes. He is actually credited with reviving AM radio for both Left and Right voices.

Rush opened a Twitter account 3 months ago, he accumulated 85 million followers by the time he shut it down in solidarity with President Trump. The authoritarian anti-authoritarian Left believes in "free speech" as long as you speak as they speak.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
That could be why you are misinformed, you don't even listen to the radio. Rush has 43 million listeners at any given moment who stay on the program an average of 2 hours and 25 minutes.

No, no he doesn't. And even if he did, that is irrelevant to whether he's correct about any given thing.

Rush opened a Twitter account 3 months ago, he accumulated 85 million followers by the time he shut it down in solidarity with President Trump.

You are simply incorrect, sir.

"The Internet Archive shows that Limbaugh's account, which had 648,000 followers, was last active on Jan. 7 and his last tweet appears to be on Dec. 17."

Fact check: Rush Limbaugh deactivated his Twitter account

The authoritarian anti-authoritarian Left believes in "free speech" as long as you speak as they speak.

How much time do you spend actually talking to people on the Left about their views, as opposed to listening to Rush talk about them?

Colt

No, no he doesn't. And even if he did, that is irrelevant to whether he's correct about any given thing.

You are simply incorrect, sir.

"The Internet Archive shows that Limbaugh's account, which had 648,000 followers, was last active on Jan. 7 and his last tweet appears to be on Dec. 17."

Fact check: Rush Limbaugh deactivated his Twitter account

How much time do you spend actually talking to people on the Left about their views, as opposed to listening to Rush talk about them?
Yes, he does. EIB Audience Models Project 43 Million Listeners | iHeartRadio | Rush Limbaugh

USA Today says Rush actually had 88.6 million followers according to Twitter. https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech...eaves-twitter-following-trump-ban/6605864002/

I'm socially Liberal and have been listening to Liberals all my life.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member

That is simply his claim. Where did he get it from? From models "we run ourselves" per his own words. :rolleyes:

USA Today says Rush actually had 88.6 million followers according to Twitter. Rush Limbaugh leaves Twitter: Radio host deactivates Twitter account

No no, the article says Trump had that many followers. Not Rush. Rush had less than a million, as I showed you.

I'm socially Liberal and have been listening to Liberals all my life.

Then you should realize that your caricature of what "liberals" think is silly and doesn't express what we actually think. I believe in free speech, I think it's quite important. So why perpetuate a belief that isn't accurate? That helps no one.

Colt

That is simply his claim. Where did he get it from? From models "we run ourselves" per his own words. :rolleyes:

No no, the article says Trump had that many followers. Not Rush. Rush had less than a million, as I showed you.

Then you should realize that your caricature of what "liberals" think is silly and doesn't express what we actually think. I believe in free speech, I think it's quite important. So why perpetuate a belief that isn't accurate? That helps no one.
Because all the left leaning big tech firms are currently limiting speech. You need to get out more.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
Because all the left leaning big tech firms are currently limiting speech. You need to get out more.

All private companies, including Religious Forums, have the prerogative to regulate what content they allow on their platforms. None of that is a First Amendment issue. Trump can express his opinions openly and legally in many different ways.

Also, big tech companies are "left leaning" in much the way you are: they give lip service to liberal social issues, while consistently pushing for less regulation and taxation for themselves.

You need to listen to Rush less.

tytlyf

Not Religious
You think people have a problem understanding Rush? The only people that have a problem understanding Rush's message and purpose are his devoted listeners.
Popularity is irrelevant. It speaks nothing to the character or agenda of said person.
So, will El Rushbo grow a conscience and give up the ghost in the final days of his life, or will he go to the grave keeping the secret alive?

Popularity =/= facts, honesty, evidence, truth

This is such an old and tired far-right talking point.

"But Rush is so popular, he must be right!"
"But Fox has the most viewers, they must be right!"
"But Biden had no one at his rallies, there's no way he could win!"

tytlyf

Not Religious
He seemed of the Christian right, but I never once
heard him dis atheists.
Rush doesn't attend church. And doubt he's christian. He would never admit that to his audience. But the writing is on the wall.
You claim to be an atheist, but I notice a lot of irregularities in your thinking/positions versus the majority of atheists.
For example, atheists typically don't support Trump. Atheists don't support policies that are anti-science. Atheists typically don't support parties pushing a Christian theocracy.

Just a few for ya.

Critical thinking, evidence, rationality and truth are important to non-believers. I understand some atheists stray from those god-given virtues.