• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

El Chapo Found Guilty on All Counts

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Joaquin 'El Chapo' Guzmán found guilty on all counts - CNN

Gold-plated AK-47s and diamond-encrusted pistols
Guzmán, 61, was convicted of 10 counts, including engaging in a continuing criminal enterprise, conspiracy to launder narcotics proceeds, international distribution of cocaine, heroin, marijuana and other drugs, and use of firearms.

He faces a mandatory life sentence without the possibility of parole for leading a continuing criminal enterprise, and a sentence of up to life imprisonment on the remaining drug counts.

Federal prosecutors said they will seek a forfeiture judgment for billions of dollars constituting the cartel's illegal drug-trafficking proceeds.

One of Guzmán's lawyers described him as "extremely upbeat" after the verdict.

"He's a fighter," defense attorney Michael Lambert said. "He's not done yet by far."

I wonder if he'll try to escape again.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
He is one of the people I would support the death penalty to prevent the things he could still do from prison.
Tom

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
This is how I feel about El Chapo:

hydra_6.jpg

Replace "Terrorist states" With "Mexican Drug Cartels" and you'll see my point....

BSM1

What? Me worry?

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Why? Killing him wont stop tunnels being built, or 200 tons of heroin/cocaine being pushed into the United States.
That won't stop until we do something effective about the black market.
But El Chapo is all too capable of continuing his murderous ways from prison. I cannot help believing that a few innocent people won't get murdered or terrorized if he gets a public execution.
Tom