• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

einstein a jew?

Fiddler

Lerner
Are you kidding?

In any case, Einstein was a secular Jew. There were things he valued about Jewish culture, and there were things he very much did not. From what I know of his upbringing, he didn't have to "move away" from Judaism to free his mind, because he was raised in a fairly secular household.

Being jew isn't just and strictly related with your family roots. You were born as a jew and that will be also the way you die. It will last forever.

Einstein could have been anything, does not matter for me whether what he had found as he is a jew for me ,one of the most intelligent jews.

Fiddler

Lerner
The bible says that the Jews are God's "chosen" people. Mostly this was written by Jewish writers to give their people a sense of superiority over others but it has some truth to it.

Jew's have an intelligence gene. It was not given to them specifically from God, they just happened to be the people who received it from the human ancestral genetic pool and since Jew's have interbred almost entirely with other Jew's this gene spread among them and stayed within their kind.

To be chosen or to chose that is always asked by gentiles. Answer is both :cool:

Jews' richness is directly related with Moses as he prayed to G-d that all jews would be rich . Other thing, trading and banking for 3000 years surely make you well off.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Is this correct from wiki?

"The term Jewish Renewal describes "a set of practices within Judaism that attempt to reinvigorate what it views as a moribund and uninspiring Judaism with mystical, Hasidic, musical and meditative practices drawn from a variety of traditional and untraditional, Jewish and other, sources."
As a stretch consider reading the entire article. :yes:

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
You would have also benefited from looking up religious naturalism and Reconstructionist Judaism - both references pop up when one does a search on Jewish Naturalism. For someone who lists his religion as "Understanding," you're proving yourself to be more than a little areligious.

Levite

Higher and Higher
You would have also benefited from looking up religious naturalism and Reconstructionist Judaism - both references pop up when one does a search on Jewish Naturalism. For someone who lists his religion as "Understanding," you're proving yourself to be more than a little areligious.

Yes, thank you.

A Troubled Man

And you base this on what?

As a stretch consider reading the entire article. :yes:

For someone who lists his religion as "Understanding," you're proving yourself to be more than a little areligious.

Well, well, well, after all this time, you have finally remarked to my posts. Of course, nothing of any concern or value there, as usual, but at least you did respond. Kudos.

A Troubled Man

Simply observing your lack of desire to engage in an intelligence discussion. When all you offer is 'lol' this and 'LOL' that. :tsk:

LOL!

Let me remind you that we were engaging in discussion until YOU said this...

Then you are simply ignorant about Jewish culture.

It's rather sad really. I'm not sure why you want to resume to publicly expose your narrow mindedness, misconceptions, and general ignorance.

Those kinds of remarks only deserve a LOL!

So, it would appear the pot is calling the kettle black here.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
LOL!

Let me remind you that we were engaging in discussion until YOU said this...
Only we have different standards for what consists of contributing to a discussion. But never mind I can already see why you joined the forum. I hope you make the best out of it, I have my doubts though.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
MOD POST

Stay on topic and refrain from personal attacks and Rule 1 violations.

Future violations may result in post deletion and further Staff action.