1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

einstein a jew?

Discussion in 'Science and Religion' started by sumaidi, May 16, 2012.

1. sumaidi

sumaidi ashabul yamin

Ratings:
    +3
    is that right that many brilliant person in thinking come from jew? is albert einstein a jew? what about bill gates?

2. InformedIgnorance

InformedIgnorance Do you 'know' or believe?

Ratings:
    +237
    Einstein was ethnically a Jew (his parents were secular jews), I do not however believe he was Jewish with regards to his faith. An outspoken humanist who was critical about many religious issues, I believe he was only a cultural jew much in the way of the modern jewish humanist societies - an agnostic, he was not an atheist and had similar criticism about atheism as he did about theism - on the principle of certainty of knowledge.

3. Sunstone

Sunstone De Diablo Del Fora
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +37,133
    Religion:
    Non-Theistic Mysticism
    Right or wrong is meaningless in this context. Count your blessings. The world is fortunate not only that so many Jews have been brilliant thinkers, but also that so many have chosen careers that served the interests of humanity. I think that says a lot.

Actually, I have it on good authority that Einstein was a hologram of extraterrestrial origins projected onto the earth from an alien base on the moon. That would explain his pale complexion and fuzzy, slightly out of focus hair. Since I have no other plausible explanation for his complexion and hair, I myself accept the hologram theory.

Hmmm... pale complexion... slightly out of focus hair... you might be onto something!

#3 Sunstone, May 16, 2012
    Last edited: May 16, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  4. InformedIgnorance

Ratings:
    +237
    Oh, I forgot about gates... I am fairly sure he is an atheist... at least he appears on a lot of those atheist lists.

5. Debater Slayer

Debater Slayer Born-again Glompist

Ratings:
    +12,088
    Religion:
    Meditation
    Albert Einstein, although he was of Jewish descent, was not a believer in Judaism as a religion:

He leaned more towards an impersonal concept of God; "Spinoza's God", as he called it. He also didn't believe in an afterlife:

However, he constantly denied being an atheist, and spoke clearly on allegations that he was one:

Here is the full article from the TIME Magazine about this subject, which I excerpted the above quotes from.

As for Bill Gates, he is an agnostic, as he clearly mentioned in his response to a question that was posed to him during an interview that took place in November 1995.

• Like Like x 1
  6. kai

kai ragamuffin

Ratings:
    +1,147
    Does it matter?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Poisonshady313

Poisonshady313 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +551
    Religion:
    Judaism
    There's Mark Zuckerberg...

8. ChristineES

ChristineES Tiggerism
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +3,201
    Religion:
    Disciple of Yeshua.
    Those were my thoughts, too.

9. sumaidi

sumaidi ashabul yamin

Ratings:
    +3
    when its right einstein a jew ( one of israel clan), it proof a verse in quran that god create israel clan as the best race all over the world. theory of relativity ( that time, mass and distance are relative ) is almost doesn't make sense at all. by a simple theory of phithagoras, einstein has proofed the relative is right.

10. gnostic

gnostic The Lost One

Ratings:
    +5,016
    Religion:
    Pi π
    I don't think it matters, if Einstein was ethnically Jew or religiously Jew or not. So I'm in agreement with Kai.

[FONT=&quot]The only things that matter were his scientific achievement and contribution, not because of the colour of his skin, or what religion (if any) he follow[/FONT]ed. I also admired him because of his humanist stance which, in my mind, outweighs any religious belief.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Debater Slayer

Debater Slayer Born-again Glompist

Ratings:
    +12,088
    Religion:
    Meditation
    I don't think it matters what religion (or lack thereof) Einstein believed in. Even if he were a follower of Judaism, it wouldn't really "prove" anything as he would just be one Jew out of millions.

12. Levite

Levite Higher and Higher

Ratings:
    +1,806
    Religion:
    Jewish
    A lot of brilliant thinkers have been Jews, simply because Judaism is a culture that values learning and encourages education, asking questions, and deep thinking.

By the same token, many great thinkers have also been produced by India, Japan, and China-- all cultures that value learning and education. And from the ninth to the fifteenth centuries CE, a disproportionate number of the Western World's scholars came from the Muslim countries of the Middle East and North Africa, at a time when Islamic culture was quite flexible in its thought, and encouraged many kinds of deep thinking and asking of questions.

What is unremarkable is that certain cultures will produce many brilliant thinkers, but that it is so clear that when a culture truly values learning and education, and acts upon those values in productive ways, it will consistently produce superb intellects.

13. sumaidi

sumaidi ashabul yamin

Ratings:
    +3
    i'm absolutely agree with you.
    but when a man become a great thinker he should be also has a best quality of brain. its genetics

14. Levite

Levite Higher and Higher

Ratings:
    +1,806
    Religion:
    Jewish
    Actually, while I'm sure good genetics has something to do with it, I think it has less to do with nature and more to do with nurture. In other words, one isn't (IMO) necessarily born brilliant: more often, I think, one's brilliance is fostered by an upbringing wherein education, learning, and asking questions are valued and emphasized.

15. InformedIgnorance

Ratings:
    +237
    Or one is impaired in such a way that one is lucky enough that the brain compensates in a manner conducive to excellence in some specific area.

16. George-ananda

George-ananda Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +5,391
    Religion:
    Advaita and Spiritualist and Pantheist
    Einstein = Yes
    Bill Gater= No

I am not a jew but I believe jews have about the highest IQ of any racial/ethnic group. So jews have contributed disproportionately more to the intellectual and cultural growth of the western world than other groups.

I believe the reasons are heredity and environment.

However, my views are controversial to some who do not accept that heriditary (genetic) factors are at play in group differences.

17. mycorrhiza

mycorrhiza Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101
    Wasn't Einstein a pantheist?

18. sumaidi

sumaidi ashabul yamin

Ratings:
    +3

i agree with you. god has mentioned it in qur'an.

19. adambaum

adambaum Member

Ratings:
    +2
    The Jewish people hold education in very high regard. This explains much of their success. Einstein had a big brain. It doesn't really matter if it was a big Jewish brain.

20. George-ananda

George-ananda Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +5,391
    Religion:
    Advaita and Spiritualist and Pantheist
    Interesting....Can you give me a quick overview of what the qur'an says that leads you to agree with my post?