• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Egyptian Religion

Rakovsky

Since I am 14 On a very special magical path ;) your Welcome to ask not only in Kemetic dir but also in Setian dir
Ahanit,
Have you heard of the theory that God has revealed himself to people around the world since ancient times, so that when they talk about Allah or Jehovah or Neter, even if they understood Him in different ways, that they ultimately had a sense of the same God?

Ahanit

I heard from Ancient to modern of People who are feeling and hearing the Existance of higher Beings
But it is not allways the same, nor is it an Expression of a Monotheistic God

Monotheistic Meaning of "God" is in my Believe a Perversion of the great old Gods and Godesses... He includes all the bad Behaviors, obediend slaves and the expression of being better than others to excuse war, murder, tortur...

I believe in more than one Being And they are different in their Expressions, and they are honest, they do not tell us "o I am so wunderful and make no failure and I forgive all.... Blah Blah..." They have their failure, they are making Mistakes, they know Love, and hate and fear and Agression, all what is human and that makes them true and honest.... Because no Existance mortal or immortal can be perfect, can deny his good or his bad side....

Rakovsky

I heard from Ancient to modern of People who are feeling and hearing the Existance of higher Beings
But it is not allways the same, nor is it an Expression of a Monotheistic God
Ahanit,
To explain better what I mean, there are different theories about what ancient people believed. My anthropology teacher said that primitive people do not believe in gods, only in "spirits".

Another theory is what you mentioned - that ancient people thought there were higher beings. And so in this theory, later on as society progressed, people formed a belief in one ultimate god, so that all the gods were either 1. just descriptions or others' perceptions of God or else were 2. fake or 3. demons. So some people think that maybe in North Israel they worshiped El(god) and in south Israel they worshiped Yahweh(The One Who Is), and then Moses told them that both groups were actually worshiping the same God and that El is a name for Yahweh and vice verse.

And a third theory is that originally simple people worshiped one God or thought there was basically one supreme God who created things and was the king of all, and that besides Him there were just the spirits that He created. There is a set of Islands in the Indian Ocean where people have only very recently been part of modern civilziation, if indeed they already are - called the Andaman islands. It's in many ways a prehistoric tribal culture where they may not even have developed fire yet. Their religion focuses on worship of Paluga and is monotheistic.
  • https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andaman_Islands#Religion
  • Most of the tribal people in Andaman and Nicobar Islands believe in a religion that can be described as a form of monotheistic Animism. The tribal people of these islands believe that Paluga is the only deity and is responsible for everything happening on Earth.[27][28] The faith of the Andamanese teaches that Paluga resides on the Andaman and Nicobar Islands' Saddle Peak (Andaman Islands). People try to avoid any action that might displease Paluga. People belonging to this religion believe in the presence of souls, ghosts, and spirits. Interestingly, people of this religion put a lot of emphasis on dreams. They let dreams decide different courses of action in their lives.
andaman-people3.jpg

Andamese people

So in this third theory, the most basic belief is that there is one God and so each village or tribal region worshiped one God. And then as societies combined (eg. two tribes with one god each making a new society) or grew (being able to philosophize more), they started to add more gods into their worship or talk about multiple deities.

Did I explain these theories OK as I understand them?