• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Egyptian father stabs his daughters

Pah

Uber all member
Yahoo News

Egyptian father angry at having no sons stabs his seven daughters, killing 4

31 minutes ago

SOHAG, Egypt (AP) - A man angry with fathering no sons stabbed four of his seven daughters to death as they slept and seriously wounded the other three, police said Monday.

Abdel Nasser Ibrahim, 47, a muezzin, or mosque prayer caller, in the Sohag provincial town of Tima, 345 kilometres south of Cairo, repeatedly stabbed his seven sleeping daughters with two knives in a rampage that lasted several minutes, a police official said on condition of anonymity.

Killed were Samar, 15; Isra, 10; Fatima, 8; and Zeinab, 7. The screams of the three wounded daughters alerted neighbours to the pre-dawn crime and they later contacted police.

Ibrahim's wife of 18 years left the house before the killings to go and stay with her parents following an argument she had with her husband over failing to give birth to a son, the official told The Associated Press.

Police arrested Ibrahim who later claimed to have stabbed his daughters during a moment of temporary insanity because he feared they would one day become promiscuous. Police also quoted neighbours as saying Ibrahim had not allowed his girls to attend school.

Ibrahim burst into tears during his interrogation before being transferred to the prosecutor's office for further questioning, the official said.

Southern Egypt is the most conservative part of Egypt, where education for girls has only recently been improving because of a government campaign.

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
I guess no one ever explained to him that it's the man's "contribution" that determines the sex of the child? :rolleyes:

robtex

Veteran Member
How tragic. It sounded premeditated though..in as far as it was a concern over fathering a male child and waiting for the wife to leave. I hope he never sees freedom again. Stabbing someone to death takes a high level of emotional commitment. He was very passionate about killing them and the fact that he went to the 2nd 3rd ect shows he was gaining satisfaction as he was not detered from subsequent killings. I wonder why the mother didn't pick up on his emotions...and knew her childern were in danger? Or maybe she did know but was afraid herself so she ran away?

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
robtex said:
I hope he never sees freedom again. Stabbing someone to death takes a high level of emotional commitment.
I don't know where you personally stand on this Robtex, but this is exactly why I don't see human life as sacrosanct. To me, your statement that he should never see freedom again is too lenient.

I have said this before, and I'll say it again - this human being needs to be removed from this existence. He has demonstrated that he does not deserve the right to life. I don't know, or care, why he did this. Give me the knife that he used on these girls, go get a sandwich and come back in 30 minutes.

I'll be more than glad to debate the value of this man's life with anyone - to me, his life has absolutely no value, whatsoever. This guy is the perfect example that every once in a while, the family of man produces a human that needs to be removed. I'll submit this guy for that honor.

Angry,
TVOR

robtex

Veteran Member
Sunstone I would say he was not insane. The legal consenses here in the states (can't speak for egypt), is that insanity is not a valid arguement if it can be shown to be premediated. I know Hinkley slipped through the cracks but he had a history of mental problems.

This guy picked a time when his wife was away and the children were asleep. He went form one to the next in an organized fashion killing them. He was of very sound mind when doing this based on the small info presented by pah. He planned the event at an opitmal time and executed in an organized manner. Those are the actions of a sane man.

TVOR---to answer your question I am a pacifist and don't believe in non-self-defense killing but I love your analytical mind and would like to hear sometime your equation for the value of life.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
The report is pretty sketchy and there are very few facts to go on in judging this guy's sanity. All the same, it seems to me that anyone who would kill their own children can't be all that sane.

Ceridwen018

That is absolutely sick. It just makes me so angry! If he wants to claim insanity, throw him in a freaking mental institution and never let him out. If he was truly sane, he'll regret that plea bargain like lightning.

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
robtex said:
TVOR---to answer your question I am a pacifist and don't believe in non-self-defense killing but I love your analytical mind and would like to hear sometime your equation for the value of life.
Robtex - we'll get that formula worked out one day, but I can tell you this - I couldn't care less if this guy is sane, insane, mentally challenged, handicapped, blind, genius, or has been knighted by the Queen of England. As far as I am concerned, when he killed the first little girl, he forfeited his right to live. He demonstrated that he had no regard for human life - in this case, he not only killed his own offspring, he killed children. This is clearly a human being that does not "get it". I find the idea of putting him in prison ludicrous. It is the ultimate insult to each of those little girls, if he is allowed to live.
Let's face it - he is not going to be rehabilitated, he will simply drain resources that productive members of the human race could use. As for the argument that the death penalty is not a deterrent, I would reject that outright - Gary Gilmore hasn't killed anyone since January of 1977. I'd call that a deterrent.

Sorry for the rant,
TVOR

huajiro

pah said:
Yahoo News

Egyptian father angry at having no sons stabs his seven daughters, killing 4

31 minutes ago

SOHAG, Egypt (AP) - A man angry with fathering no sons stabbed four of his seven daughters to death as they slept and seriously wounded the other three, police said Monday.

Abdel Nasser Ibrahim, 47, a muezzin, or mosque prayer caller, in the Sohag provincial town of Tima, 345 kilometres south of Cairo, repeatedly stabbed his seven sleeping daughters with two knives in a rampage that lasted several minutes, a police official said on condition of anonymity.

Killed were Samar, 15; Isra, 10; Fatima, 8; and Zeinab, 7. The screams of the three wounded daughters alerted neighbours to the pre-dawn crime and they later contacted police.

Ibrahim's wife of 18 years left the house before the killings to go and stay with her parents following an argument she had with her husband over failing to give birth to a son, the official told The Associated Press.

Police arrested Ibrahim who later claimed to have stabbed his daughters during a moment of temporary insanity because he feared they would one day become promiscuous. Police also quoted neighbours as saying Ibrahim had not allowed his girls to attend school.

Ibrahim burst into tears during his interrogation before being transferred to the prosecutor's office for further questioning, the official said.

Southern Egypt is the most conservative part of Egypt, where education for girls has only recently been improving because of a government campaign.
I agree with TVOR on this one, to a point, the guy deserves to suffer greatly. I have the feeling that he was pressured though. What I mean to say is that he didnt do anything with 6 girls, then the 7th one came along, and he lost it. My understanding is that in countries like Egypt, the Father wants to pass on the family name, and (I think) has to provide a dowry for his daughters.

I lived in México for almost 4 years and have travelled all over the country. I have seen how badly the "machista" attitude can affect you. I myself never gave into that pressure, but apparently this guy did ( I believe).

maggie2

I think that the system that insists that a male must have a male heir is archaic and needs to be changed. That, however, does not excuse what this man did. I don't believe in the death penalty because I'd rather see someone like this have to live in jail for years and have to live with what he did every day for the rest of his life.

huajiro

maggie2 said:
I think that the system that insists that a male must have a male heir is archaic and needs to be changed. That, however, does not excuse what this man did. I don't believe in the death penalty because I'd rather see someone like this have to live in jail for years and have to live with what he did every day for the rest of his life.
Maybe they should turn him into a woman and let him deal with what he has put them through.

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
Maybe they should turn him over to people of my ilk. I can promise you that his life in prison would be a day off with pay, in comparison.

TVOR

Pah

Uber all member
maggie2 said:

I would agree and hoping all his guards were female.

-pah-