• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Egyptian exodus proof or slavery?

River Sea

@Ehav4Ever @Bharat Jhunjhunwala

Ehav4Ever, I'll learn from you how to improve my communication skills because you're so caring as you share, and I feel more comfortable with how you show about the original manuals.

In another thread, there was an expectation that I should know how to find original manuals, and I struggled with it, and I felt stuck in the thread because of that.

I don't understand why there are any expectations when it comes to learning, as we're all in different areas when it comes to learning, so I want to say I appreciate your caring way of sharing and accepting where we're at.

So the word "Hebrew Israelites" isn't even a word according to Torath Mosheh Jews.

That's what I recently learn from video you shared from your thread
The Importance of Correct/Accurate Terminology in Discussing Torah/Yahaduth

This video Differences between Torath Mosheh Jews and Hebrew Israelites

Question: Because of the language difference between Hebrew and Torah Mosheh Jews, how do they help each other in their differences?

My next question is: I learned about Mitsrayim in the Indus Valley from @Bharat Jhunjhunwala , but in the other thread, many Jews claim Mitsrayim or Mitzrayim is the Hebrew word for Egypt. Yet the Torath Mosheh Jews don't acknowledge the word Hebrew, so what would the word Mitsrayim be for the Torath Mosheh Jews?

Last edited:

Ehav4Ever

My next question is: I learned about Mitsrayim in the Indus Valley from @Bharat Jhunjhunwala , but in the other thread, many Jews claim Mitsrayim or Mitzrayim is the Hebrew word for Egypt. Yet the Torath Mosheh Jews don't acknowledge the word Hebrew, so what would the word Mitsrayim be for the Torath Mosheh Jews?

Greetings,

Thank you for your kind words. I will address this question first.

For Torath Mosheh Jews, in the Ivrith Language, Mitzryaim is what we call the both the Modern Nation of Egypt and all ancient iterations of the land that was once called by some Kemet. Where they spoke a language known as:

upload_2022-9-3_21-6-10.png

Kemet was located in the land that is modernly known as Egypt. It was called Mitzrayim by Torath Mosheh Israelis/Jews, not because that was its name, but because of the word play on the location.

09bf64f5c34ae84e899b34b8dc6ddfc6.jpg

With all due respect to Bharat his information is not supported by any Torath Mosheh Israel/Jew anciently or modernly and is not supported any of the following texts.

upload_2022-9-3_22-59-59.png

Thus, it is possible that Bharat's information is derived from non-Jewish sources or is describing a different group of people (non-Torath Mosheh Israelis/Jews).

Last edited:

Ehav4Ever

Thanks for these suggestions. I recently read Arthur Green's Intro to Zohar. In the meanwhile I'd like to hear more from you on the specifics of my suggestions. I am happy to read more here.
I am generally familiar with the Targums. I'd like your guidance as to how they help or harm the specific points we are discussing. Thx.

Greetings,

I think the first step or challange you have that most of what has been discussed does not address what is actually written in the Torath Mosheh Israeli/Jewish texts. Also, given that there were Jewish communities in India and surrounding areas and their historical claims don't match what you mentioned is presents a problem. Thus, what is really being discussed are christianized perspectives on English translations or it could be that referencing a people that Torath Mosheh Israeli/Jews don't descend from and whom don't share the same text or history.

It may be easier if I start a seperate thread to address the question strictly from Torath Mosheh Israeli/Jewish sources.

Ehav4Ever

In another thread, there was an expectation that I should know how to find original manuals, and I struggled with it, and I felt stuck in the thread because of that.

If you don't mind me asking. What thread was that? Sometimes there are back and forths on some threads that get heated, in some cases for no reason, but that is the nature of anything found in the debate section. Sorry to hear that this was something you experienced.

River Sea

If you don't mind me asking. What thread was that? Sometimes there are back and forths on some threads that get heated, in some cases for no reason, but that is the nature of anything found in the debate section. Sorry to hear that this was something you experienced.

It was thread: Yadavas Hebrews farmers. How come Jews thought Hebrews were slaves?

I'm going to reference about area where I personally struggle and eventually later quit trying.

You might need to go back a few messages before, then read more below where I reference to get the full understanding where I struggled at: but here you can see my trying to find original manual., I was struggling

Yadavas Hebrews farmers. How come Jews thought Hebrews were slaves?

I didn't know how to show dates, I still don't know how

Last edited:

Ehav4Ever

It was thread: Yadavas Hebrews farmers. How come Jews thought Hebrews were slaves?

I see. I think just based on the title of the thread it would be a problematic thread to take part it. Especially since it makes some assumptions about what Jews think. ;)

It is better to get the information direct. The following might help.

Learning Like Yemenite Jews

Evidence of ancient Afghan Jews: Israel showcases Hebrew scrolls found in Taliban Cave

Jews in Cochin, India

The Last Jews Of Kolkata | Unique Stories From India

The Treasures of the "Afghan Genizah"

Ehav4Ever

I'm going to reference about area where I personally struggle and eventually later quit trying.

You might need to go back a few messages before, then read more below where I reference to get the full understanding where I struggled at: but here you can see my trying to find original manual., I was struggling

Yadavas Hebrews farmers. How come Jews thought Hebrews were slaves?

I didn't know how to show dates, I still don't know how

Last one: Sorry for so many but I think these videos speak a lot to the reality that I was mentioning earlier about what the Torath Mosheh Jewish perspective is.

Bene Israel: Jews of Mumbai (Bombay)

Ehav4Ever

Thank you for your sharing and I'm going to watch these videos

Be sure to pay close attention to what every group of Jews in the videos, including the ones from India, state as their ancestral origin. It is not the Indus valley area, it is right here in Eretz Yisrael.

Bharat Jhunjhunwala

TruthPrevails
Be sure to pay close attention to what every group of Jews in the videos, including the ones from India, state as their ancestral origin. It is not the Indus valley area, it is right here in Eretz Yisrael.
I have not been able to see the video yet. I am aware of the work of abraham benhur. He has traced Jewish burials from Babylon to india after the exile c 600 bce. These videos may relate to this migration. This does not stand against the outward migration from india c. 1300 bce during the exodus.

Ehav4Ever

This does not stand against the outward migration from india c. 1300 bce during the exodus.

Both the written and oral Torah (in Hebrew) and histories held by virtually every ancient Torath Mosheh Jewish communty does stand against what you mentioned. Even the Samaritan histories and texts doesn't support what you are talking about. If you were correct one would expect at least one ancient Israeli/Jewish community to make the claim you have stated, but that is not the case.

River Sea

@Ehav4Ever

I learn from you

The Torath Mosheh Jews don't acknowledge the words "Hebrew Israelites."

The Torath Mosheh Jews reject the term "Hebrew Israelites." Due to the original manuals, am I understanding this correctly?

It appears no groups or tribes agree with other tribes or groups., so learn how to get along with their differences., am I understanding this correctly?

I watch your videos. You shared a lot of books too

Last edited:

Ehav4Ever

I learn from you
The Torath Mosheh Jews don't acknowledge the words "Hebrew Israelites."

Kind of, but a better way of putting is:

The statement "Hebrew Israelite" does not exist in any ancient or modern Torath Mosheh Text (In Ivrith, Aramaic, Judeo-Arabic, Ladino, or Yiddsh). Thus, the statement "Hebrew Israelite" has no meaning in any Torath Mosheh language and has no meaning within Torath Mosheh Jewish communities.

The Torath Mosheh Jews reject the term "Hebrew Israelites." Due to the original manuals, am I understanding this correctly?

I wouldn't use the word "reject" it just doesn't exist for us. It also appears that the statement "Hebrew Israelites" is of a modern American invention and doesn't predate the last last 20 to 30 years. At maximum it may have started with W.A. Matthews who started the Commendment Keepers in Harlem, but don't quote me on that.

It appears no groups or tribes agree with other tribes or groups., so learn how to get along with their differences., am I understanding this correctly?

No, I would say that Hebrew Israelites are a group of people who are distinct and not connected to Torath Mosheh Israelis/Jews. i.e. there is no tribal connection between either side. Hebrew Israelites appear to agree with this assessment.

Torath Mosheh Israeli/Jewish communities are the following:

upload_2022-9-5_15-53-14.png

River Sea

The statement "Hebrew Israelite" does not exist in any ancient or modern Torath Mosheh Text (In Ivrith, Aramaic, Judeo-Arabic, Ladino, or Yiddsh). Thus, the statement "Hebrew Israelite" has no meaning in any Torath Mosheh language and has no meaning within Torath Mosheh Jewish communities.

I wouldn't use the word "reject" it just doesn't exist for us. It also appears that the statement "Hebrew Israelites" is of a modern American invention and doesn't predate the last last 20 to 30 years. At maximum it may have started with W.A. Matthews who started the Commendment Keepers in Harlem, but don't quote me on that.

No, I would say that Hebrew Israelites are a group of people who are distinct and not connected to Torath Mosheh Israelis/Jews. i.e. there is no tribal connection between either side. Hebrew Israelites appear to agree with this assessment.

View attachment 66205

Ehav4Ever I agree. I will not use the word "rejected." I realized I had used the wrong word. because I now know what the term "rejection" refers to. The word "reject" implies that words like "Hebrew Israelite" exist and are rejected. In your case, you didn't reject, because you understand the words "Hebrew Israelite" does not exist and has no meaning in any Torath Mosheh language and has no meaning within Torath Mosheh Jewish communities.

Last edited:

River Sea

@Ehav4Ever I'm slowly comprehending your Torath Mosheh Jewish due to your appreciation of teaching.

I'm curious. Have you ever felt fire burn in your spirit heart before? And if you have, do you associate fire burning as spiritual nourishment?

What does this style of writing look like to you through your Torath Mosheh Jewish understanding?

When I allow light, unconditional love, who lives within me, to continue teaching me, I'll feel a continuing fire burning in my spirit heart. I understand that the burning fire is continuing spiritual nourishment from light. Can you relate?

And now my challenge is how to spin this message to Exodus so it will remain on topic. Due to this, I'll ask, if you do relate in any way of nourishment from God, in what ways do you know how people from the Exodus era have been nourished by God?

Last edited:

Bharat Jhunjhunwala

TruthPrevails
Both the written and oral Torah (in Hebrew) and histories held by virtually every ancient Torath Mosheh Jewish communty does stand against what you mentioned. Even the Samaritan histories and texts doesn't support what you are talking about. If you were correct one would expect at least one ancient Israeli/Jewish community to make the claim you have stated, but that is not the case.
I agree with you. To my knowledge also there is no internal Jewish tradition saying that the Jews may have come from India. One, I have not studied the Jewish tradition from this standpoint. Such info may be hidden waiting to be discovered. Two, the Jewish "tradition," I understand, is WHOLLY post-Exile starting about 600 BCE. Thus, we may not get a record if the memory had faded or been exorcised before this time. Three, and this is important, we have to set priority between geographical-archaeological-etymological evidences and traditions. I think the former is more stable than the latter. So the hard choice would be whether we own the historicity and subdue tradition; or vice versa. My sense is that we may find such memory and we may work on Point No 1 above. I would like to get your guidance as to in which books such evidence may be available. I have gone through the Targums. They mostly follow the Masoretic text. We need to look at the pre-Masoretic traditions. Please suggest what I must read. Many thanks.

Bharat Jhunjhunwala

TruthPrevails

View attachment 66205
Please post again the links to the books on Scientific proof of Exodus. I have downloaded the links to the videos you posted. But the earlier links have disappeared before I could download them. Thx.

joelr

JR: The narrative of Adam is from 600 BCE when Genesis was written and used Mesopoptamian and Egyptian myths as a source to write stories for themselves.

BJ: The time of composition of a text can be much after the event. A history of WW2 written in 2022 does not mean the WW2 took place in 2022. The Biblical oral tradition is much longer.

Again, the archaeological evidence is they are Canaanites who moved out around 1200 BCE. Mesopotamian myth are 1 thousand years older. It's syncretic myth.

JR: Adam is from a mythology that is ALSO found throughout many ancient cultures. The Israelites were not Jewish people thousands of years prior. They were not Israelites. They were Canaanites. Around 1200 BCE they moved away from Canaan. Early Israelite settlements show that Yahweh had a consort, a mother Goddess Ashera. She was also a Canaanite deity.

BJ: New point. Please do provide me with reference to Goddess Ashera both in Bible and Canaanite texts.

37:04 By the time we get to the Hebrew Bible Yahweh has taken the name (of the head Canaanite God, El,) the wife of the head God - Ashera
-Dr. Stavrakopoulou, professor of Hebrew Bible and Ancient Religion at Exeter University,

William Dever, Professor Emeritus at the University of Arizona, has investigated the archeology of the ancient Near East for more than 30 years
One of the astonishing things is your discovery of Yahweh's connection to Asherah. Tell us about that.
In 1968, I discovered an inscription in a cemetery west of Hebron, in the hill country, at the site of Khirbet el-Qôm, a Hebrew inscription of the 8th century B.C.E. It gives the name of the deceased, and it says "blessed may he be by Yahweh"—that's good biblical Hebrew—but it says "by Yahweh and his Asherah."

Asherah is the name of the old Canaanite Mother Goddess, the consort of El, the principal deity of the Canaanite pantheon. So why is a Hebrew inscription mentioning Yahweh in connection with the Canaanite Mother Goddess? Well, in popular religion they were a pair.
The Israelite prophets and reformers denounce the Mother Goddess and all the other gods and goddesses of Canaan. But I think Asherah was widely venerated in ancient Israel. If you look at Second Kings 23, which describes the reforms of King Josiah in the late 7th century, he talks about purging the Temple of all the cult paraphernalia of Asherah. So the so-called folk religion even penetrated the Temple in Jerusalem.

Is there other evidence linking Asherah to Yahweh?
In the 1970s, Israeli archeologists digging in Kuntillet Ajrud in the Sinai found a little desert fort of the same period, and lo and behold, we have "Yahweh and Asherah" all over the place in the Hebrew inscriptions.

Are there any images of Asherah?
For a hundred years now we have known of little terracotta female figurines. They show a nude female; the sexual organs are not represented but the breasts are. They are found in tombs, they are found in households, they are found everywhere. There are thousands of them. They date all the way from the 10th century to the early 6th century.

They have long been connected with one goddess or another, but many scholars are still hesitant to come to a conclusion. I think they are representations of Asherah, so I call them Asherah figurines.

JR: These people were Canaanites and then formed a new nation around 1200 BCE. In 600 BCE they began writing a mythology by copying Mesopotamian creation stories and flood narratives.

BJ: The Mesopotamian legends say that creation took place in the east. So there must be earlier creation stories of the east that the Mesopotamians followed.

All religion is highly syncretic. "Nothing in the Hebrew Bible is original."

9:32
Francesca Stavrakopoulou PhD. Yahweh is not original at all.

BJ: Recurrence of themes (of basket and 10 commandments) do not make them fiction. Regarding the serpent, I have a long explanation from psychology that I am still working on. Give me a few months on that.

JR: No it's evidence that the stories were borrowed (they were) from older stories. Noah used the Epic of Gilamesh verbatim at times.

BJ: The legend of Gilgamesh actually says that creation and the Flood did NOT take place in Mesopotamia. Gilgamesh travelled across the sea to Dilmun which has been identified as the Indus Valley by Kramer. Here he met Utnapishtim who told him about the creation and the Flood. So no Sumer here, please.

Right, they make changes? It's fiction, you can re-write according to your tastes. The basic story is the same. All of the stories are basically the same. Also modern flood geology has ruled out a world flood on several lines of evidence.
Noah - Also he sent forth a dove from him, to see if the waters were abated from off the face of the ground; But the dove found no rest for the sole of her foot, and she returned

Gilamesh - When the seventh day dawned I loosed a dove and let her go. She flew away, but finding no resting- place she returned.

Noah - And the ark rested in the seventh month, on the seventeenth day of the month, upon the mountains of Ararat. And the waters decreased continually until the tenth month: in the tenth month, on the first day of the month, were the tops of the mountains seen.

Gilamesh - When the seventh day dawned the storm from the south subsided, the sea grew calm, the flood was stilled;

Noah - And Noah builded an altar unto the LORD; and took of every clean beast, and of every clean fowl, and offered burnt offerings on the altar. And the LORD smelled a sweet savour; and the LORD said in his heart, I will not again curse the ground any more for man's sake;

Gimamesh - , I made a sacrifice and poured out a libation on the mountain top. Seven and again seven cauldrons I set up on their stands, I heaped up wood and cane and cedar and myrtle. When the gods smelled the sweet savour, they gathered like flies over the sacrifice.

Noah - The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence.

And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth. And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth.

Gimamesh - “Wisest of gods, hero Enlil, how could you so senselessly bring down the flood? Lay upon the sinner his sin, Lay upon the transgressor his transgression, Punish him a little when he breaks loose, Do not drive him too hard or he perishes; Would that a lion had ravaged mankind Rather than the flood, Would that a wolf had ravaged mankind Rather than the flood, Would that famine had wasted the world Rather than the flood, Would that pestilence had wasted mankind Rather than the flood

Gilamesh - ‘For six days and six nights the winds blew, torrent and tempest and flood overwhelmed the world, tempest and flood raged together like warring hosts. When the seventh day dawned the storm from the south subsided, the sea grew calm, the flood was stilled;

Noah - And it came to pass after seven days, that the waters of the flood were upon the earth.

Noah - And all the days of Noah were nine hundred and fifty years: and he died.

Gilamesh - Gilgamesh, the son of Ninsun, lies in the tomb.

JR: Dr. Francesca Stavrakopoulou… “Scholars agree much of Genesis is riffing off much older Mesopotamian stories.”

BJ: I doubt if the Prof takes note of the point above regarding Gilgamesh; or Sumerians saying creation took place in the east. Then, scholars disagree. Let us apply our minds please. Now regarding the pointers to the Indus Valley.

Why you can't imagine the author was using several different sources and simply changes some aspects is beyond me. This is pure mythology?
Religion, Identity and the Origins of Ancient Israel

K.L. Sparks, Baptist Pastor, Professor Eastern U.

As a rule, modern scholars do not believe that the Bible's account of early Israel's history provides a wholly accurate portrait of Israel's origins. One reason for this is that the earliest part of Israel's history in Genesis is now regarded as something other than a work of modern history. Its primary author was at best an ancient historian (if a historian at all), who lived long after the events he narrated, and who drew freely from sources that were not historical (legends and theological stories); he was more concerned with theology than with the modern quest to learn 'what actually happened' (Van Seters 1992; Sparks 2002, pp. 37-71; Maidman 2003). As a result, the stories about Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and Joseph are

JR: Early proto-Israelite villages are built on Canaan soil with no evidence of armed conflict.

BJ: Regarding Dever on no conflict in Canaan. That is post-Exodus period. I have nothing to add.

It means the conquest stories are more myth.
Archeologists also have discovered that most of the large Canaanite towns that were supposedly destroyed by invading Israelites were either not destroyed at all or destroyed by "Sea People"—Philistines, or others.

So gradually the old conquest model [based on the accounts of Joshua's conquests in the Bible] began to lose favor amongst scholars. Many scholars now think that most of the early Israelites were originally Canaanites, displaced Canaanites, displaced from the lowlands, from the river valleys, displaced geographically and then displaced ideologically.

So what we are dealing with is a movement of peoples but not an invasion of an armed corps from the outside.

JR: Dever: Some liberation theologians and some archeologists have argued that early Israel was a kind of revolutionary social movement.

BJ: The question is of time. >12c BCE would be post Exodus. My theory is only pre-Exodus, please. This is not relevant unless it is first shown that Exodus took place from Canaan to Canaan or something like that.
Write a paper, pass peer-review then great, you have a theory. Submit to the Journal for Biblical Archaeology.

Dever: Abraham and the Patriarchs have no evidence. However Thomas Thompsons work demonstrated they were literary creations. Dever: One of the first efforts of biblical archeology in the last century was to prove the historicity of the patriarchs, to locate them in a particular period in the archeological history. Today I think most archeologists would argue that there is no direct archeological proof that Abraham, for instance, ever lived.

BJ: I agree with Thompsons. But that is in Canaan. Perhaps he would find evidence in the Indus Valley.

JR: Dever: For the earlier periods, we don't have any texts. The Hindu narrative of Rama runs exactly parallel to Abraham. I will send you some matter on that if you are interested. I agree, no evidence for Abraham in W Asia. So 2 ways forward. 1. Make Abraham a fiction. 2. Look elsewhere. I support the latter.

Point to a peer-reviewed work. This is complete mythology, needing Abraham to be real doesn't sound like a belief rooted in evidence, facts or knowledge. It sounds like you are attempting to support a belief system you already have.