• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Egyptian and Jewish exodus what proof?

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Egypt regularly raided nine groups of people for slaves, food and spoils. Among these was Israel. Raiding and plundering was part of Egyptian culture for three thousand years, well established through the papyri and extensive burial records and objects. The pyramids were built by paid workers, but the kingdom was chock full of slavery and was horrendously oppressive to countries around it.
Daily Life of the Ancient Egyptians

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
How many people did Moses take out of Egypt?...

The Bible does not say "Red Sea." The Bible says Yam Suph, or Sea of Reeds.
Think about it: why would a fleeing people head East through a barren desert toward an uncrossable sea, if they had any knowledge of geography? The only reasonable escape route would be through the papyrus bogs of the Nile delta into Palestine -- through a "sea of reeds."

Without getting into the main point for now, there is evidence about the potential truth for the Biblical story of the parting of Yam Suph No, really: There is a scientific explanation for the parting of the Red Sea in Exodus

Riders

Egypt regularly raided nine groups of people for slaves, food and spoils. Among these was Israel. Raiding and plundering was part of Egyptian culture for three thousand years, well established through the papyri and extensive burial records and objects. The pyramids were built by paid workers, but the kingdom was chock full of slavery and was horrendously oppressive to countries around it.

Iburial records objects and Papyri, why with all the negativity at WIki?

Riders

Huh I just read part of your book and it says the exact opposite of that . It says because of what the bible says about the Exodus there are Christian and Jewish ties to Egypt ALONG WITH A bunch of other religions and also that Historian have searched for 2000 years to prove the bible true. Then nothing after that,it infact insinuates the opposite. because that's all it says.

Not only that but the guy who wrote it insinuates he himself is in awe and admires the religion and art of Egypt, its a positive statement about the beauty of Egypt.I don't believe he believes the negativity of the Exodus story.

How could you put up a false book as proof,its fake proof how could you?

Brickjectivity

Staff member
Premium Member
How could you put up a false book as proof,its fake proof how could you?
Your accusation is unfair. I have done nothing to you and presented a useful resource which you have ignored and quote mined without looking at its context.

Riders

Brijectivity I did more research and came up with this. I found the new kingdom where Egyptians traveled through Caanan, and it says military came out. But it stops there, I have to buy the booke to find the rest.

So I went ahead and finished and found what you were talking about. They went to Caanan and theres definitely proof that there was Akhnaten Pharoah who believed in one God, monotheism, so some think this could be Moses, although he did not believe in the Jewish God.

Then I did more research in Wiki and else ware to put in the Exodus as it relates to the New Kingdom dynasty history of Egypt between 1600 and 1200 bc in Egypt,because I read through all the other dynasties and there was no mention of Egypt being involved with JEws in any other period. So I came up with this.tobecontinued

Riders

Ok Wiki says and so does history sights on Egypt that MAnetho was a historian for Egypt who wrote down everything on papyrus and kept History.

Josephus who spoke about Jesus also talked about the Exodus fro Manethos words. But he never wrote anything or spoke of the BIBLICAL exodus, neither did, Josephus, they spoke about a Caananite groups who were taken over by military of Egypt and decided to leave there were a big group who left at once to go back to Jerusalem.

So the bibles account was loosely based on that but, truthfully some people here have said Josephus is not a good reliable source for proof. But even if he were, I tend to agree with the historians themselves and it says Manetho as an Egyptian historian.

But the problem is he never named the plagues, or the miracles, crossing of red sea, it was a lot more vague then that and don't think Is aw anything about Jews being slaves.

There is Proof however that EGyptian Military forces invaded JEwish territory,so I'm willing to even contemplate it could've been slaves or a rough existence for Jews,obviously if they left it was. But even with all that the biblical account doesn't fit that, miracles the red sea the plagues all that jazz.

Riders

Theres no proof for plagues or miracles or crossing of the red sea or living in the desert.

However I have to say this. IM not saying Egyptians were great, they were great in their sciences pyramids art architecture all that, but probably, may have sacrificed they're young girls like other Pagan groups.

I don't believe Pagans or Christians or religious folks back then were good, they all had wars sacrificed, obviously as Wiki said they're military went in and invaded and took over other lands went to war, probably raped the women whatever. SO no I'm not sitting here saying EGyptians were sweet kind people.

I love the art I think they contributed a hell of a lot as far as science architecture art goes, I'm an admirer, some people use the pyramid as a way to meditate, I may do that as well, I think theyre beautiful. I just thank the Gods and Godesses for all the wonderful scientific wonders they contributed to our live

Brickjectivity

Staff member
Premium Member
So I went ahead and finished and found what you were talking about. They went to Caanan and theres definitely proof that there was Akhnaten Pharoah who believed in one God, monotheism, so some think this could be Moses, although he did not believe in the Jewish God.
I think Bob Brier thinks otherwise, and I think Akhenaten is unrelated. He's sort of like the leader of N. Korea.

Brijectivity I did more research and came up with this. I found the new kingdom where Egyptians traveled through Caanan, and it says military came out. But it stops there, I have to buy the booke to find the rest.
I do not think there is evidence of an Exodus. There is just evidence of a rejection of Egyptian warlike culture.

Then I did more research in Wiki and else ware to put in the Exodus as it relates to the New Kingdom dynasty history of Egypt between 1600 and 1200 bc in Egypt,because I read through all the other dynasties and there was no mention of Egypt being involved with JEws in any other period. So I came up with this.tobecontinued
The only mention I have heard of was of one of the Pharoahs bragging on a stele about conquering Israel. This was well into Egypt's history. It does have an extensive history though, so we can get a good look at Egyptian culture. Unlike Greece, Egyptians were obsessed with preserving copies of themselves when they died complete with furniture, tools, things to do, writings etc.

Jedster

Where in the Torah are the pyramids even mentioned? Oh right they aren't.

Neither the Torah, nor the Tanakh, nor the Mischnah, nor the Talmud claim that we build the pyramids.

So why do people keep bringing it up as if that's what is being claimed? for crying out loud...

You can blame Cecil B. de Mills. Loads of people I have met over the years have their Biblical knowledge from his famous film.

images

Riders

I think Bob Brier thinks otherwise, and I think Akhenaten is unrelated. He's sort of like the leader of N. Korea.

I do not think there is evidence of an Exodus. There is just evidence of a rejection of Egyptian warlike culture.

The only mention I have heard of was of one of the Pharoahs bragging on a stele about conquering Israel. This was well into Egypt's history. It does have an extensive history though, so we can get a good look at Egyptian culture. Unlike Greece, Egyptians were obsessed with preserving copies of themselves when they died complete with furniture, tools, things to do, writings etc.

Well I agree with you then. They walked out went back to Jerusalim this is basically what I got from it.

Brickjectivity

Staff member
Premium Member
It looks like a good book but its like 100 bucks at amazon and 39.95 for the kindle version at too expensive,
That's very pricey! There is an older copy on abebooks for about 5$ if that interests you.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Heres Wiki article that says its a myth.

The Exodus - Wikipedia

It is likely a nationalism inspired myth based on some historical facts. It is possibly a symbolic description of the archaelogical known exodus from Babylon. There were Hebrew slaves in Egypt. There was a political collapse ~2200 BCE?. Some Hebrew slaves may have fled Egypt. Bottom line, no conquest of Judah by Hebrews that correspond to any possible migration of a large Hebrew Exodus and migration, and absolutely no evidence of Moses as leading such an Exodus out side the Biblical account, nor evidence of any written document prior to the relatively late Dead Sea scrolls, and the compilation of the Pentateuch.

Some parallel historical archaelogical evidence does not justify the Exodus account of the Bible. The Bible was written by real people in history, but the Pentateuch was a relatively recent compilation after ~700 BCE. The Bible is set in history, but it is not history.

Last edited:

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
Interesting thread, interesting read.

An 11 day walk took 40 years? Obviously, none of the men stopped to ask for directions... ;)
I am amazed Moses could wipe himself, because if it takes you 40 years to get to Israel from Egypt, I question the man's ability to find his own *** with both hands and a search warrant.