• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ego defense mechanisms that inhibit growth

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Greetings to anyone curious enough to click on this little thread of mine :)

If you are interested in the ego and what mischief it gets up to ... well I have found just the site for you.

Obviously there are variations in how big a person's ego is and this article/advice is aimed at those egos that are really bothersome - if your ego isn't causing you to suffer much then you are blessed at this point in human history ...

For example -

You’re hopeless, useless, burdensome. Nothing will ever go well, everyone is always better than you, you’ll never be perfect. You want to be liked, but you’re unlovable, and a failure at life. Sound familiar?

To the majority of people this language does. Mental traps – or ego defense mechanisms – serve as the rusty cogs that continue the mechanic cycles of pain, toxic shame, and hopelessness within us. In many instances, they are so deeply ingrained in the mind, that we are completely oblivious of their existence.

The most important thing to realize about these cognitive errors is that they’re maladaptive ways of dealing with the world and the self. In fact, living in the world of mental distortions is like living a lie. Your perception is constantly tainted with melancholic negativity that brings forth unrealistic and untruthful thoughts.

Read the full list of ego traps -

9 Ego Defense Mechanisms That Kill Self-Growth ⋆ LonerWolf

Wishing you all the very best!

Enjoy your evening.

PureX

Veteran Member
I only had time to scan it this morning, but it appears to be thorough and concise. Thanks for posting the link.