• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Education of women in Islam

sooda

Veteran Member
Education was rare back then. Nobody's education was a priority.
But in Islam a woman cannot be a ruler.

Education is not the only reason behind it. One other is that women are more emotional and that way can be less reliable.
That isn't exactly true. It's a complicated subject.

The Science of Sex Differences in Science and Mathematics
It requires more than that to be a reliable legal witness.
European women had little education either.

Wasp

Ergo Islam treats woman as less than men
Or God knows something about women you don't know.
This is pure sexist BS used to justify your religious babble. My mother was an account that saved her boss almost 2 million in her first year on the job. Try again son. Maybe move outside the 7th century mindset.
We're talking about witnesses here. And I don't think a few exceptions need to change anything.
Only because you have a simple mindset.
That article is actually nor written by me, but you can email them their research is rubbish. The all mighty Shad already knows the answers.
Tell this to someone that does not have female family members that jobs that required knowledge of math. My mother was an accountant. My cousin runs stats for the Canadian government in a medical lab.
Still talking about witnesses. The Qur'an actually doesn't prohibit women from being accountants.
No where in your source does it say woman can not do math nor accounting. Try again son.
I didn't say it did.

Shad

Veteran Member
Or God knows something about women you don't know.

Considering I know woman that can do math and I went to school with young females that could do math I would say I know more than your God does. Also female comprised the majority of the honor students in every school I attended.

We're talking about witnesses here. And I don't think a few exceptions need to change anything.

Still treats woman as less than men.

That article is actually nor written by me, but you can email them their research is rubbish. The all mighty Shad already knows the answers.

You didn't read what you linked did you? It is about career paths. It says nothing about women being incapable of math or remembering a number. Try again son. Less bluffing next time.

Do you think woman that do not go in a career in math can not do math at all? Heard of kindergarden to grade 12 education? Heard of school even?

Still talking about witnesses.

Ergo you source says nothing about memory. You know the human memory works without education right?

The Qur'an actually doesn't prohibit women from being accountants.

Never said it didn't. I brought up accountants to shoot down the idea that women can not do math.

I didn't say it did.

Ergo you bluffed. My point was women can do math. Career path is irrelevant to that as they need to know math beforehand as accounting is post secondary education. (That means school). Accounting 101 does not teach 1+1 = 2 as if no one knows any math. It does not introduce basic memory functions something which most humans have due to being human.

The effort you go through to rescue your religion is hilarious.

Last edited:

Shad

Veteran Member
I think he resented that fact and this is why he wanted to get his revenge on women in general.

Maybe his first wife kept rubbing salt in the wounds about her being wealthier than he was.

It makes me wonder. She died making Mo a widower. Yet Mo was in poverty after. Where did the business and money go?

Notanumber

A Free Man
It makes me wonder. She died making Mo a widower. Yet Mo was in poverty after. Where did the business and money go?

All this shows how outdated Islam is today.

Maybe Islam needs a new improved Gabriel to bring it up to date.

Wasp

I think he resented that fact and this is why he wanted to get his revenge on women in general.

Maybe his first wife kept rubbing salt in the wounds about her being wealthier than he was.
Story goes she was his very favorite wife and the first to become Muslim.

Wasp

Considering I know woman that can do math and I went to school with young females that could do math I would say I know more than your God does. Also female comprised the major of the honor students in every school I attended.
Which all has nothing to do with the topic.
Still treats woman as less than men.
I don't see it that way.
You didn't read what you linked did you? It is about career paths. It says nothing about women being incapable of math or remembering a number. Try again son. Less bluffing next time.
It's not exactly about career paths. It speaks about the differences in the abilities of the different sexes.
Do you think woman that do not go in a career in math can not do math at all? Heard of kindergarden to grade 12 education? Heard of school even?
You can't stick to the topic, can you?
Ergo you source says nothing about memory. You know the human memory works without education right?
Memory's not always enough.
Never said it didn't. I brought up accountants to shoot down the idea that women can not do math.
You imagined your target. Better not use a real gun in the future.
Ergo you bluffed. My point was women can do math.
Interesting. I wish someone came here to deny that.

Shad

Veteran Member
Which all has nothing to do with the topic.

It was a counter to your absurd defense of the verse. You are making up an excuse to whine as you can not counter my point.

I don't see it that way.

Yes you do as per your defense of why more woman are needed. You think they are incompetent.

It's not exactly about career paths. It speaks about the differences in the abilities of the different sexes.

Which has nothing to do with memory nor basic math. Your bluffed, nothing more.

You can't stick to the topic, can you?

I am on topic. I was countering another of your absurd points. I was ridiculing your views.

Memory's not always enough.

Ergo the verse would be about memory not the sex of the person. Try again.

You imagined your target. Better not use a real gun in the future.

Nope. Accountants were a direct refutation of your defense. Try again

Interesting. I wish someone came here to deny that.

You still bluffed. Your source has nothing to do with capabilities but interest. Try again.