• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Economics question: Would suspending ALL loans and rent help keep the wheels on?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
This article from NPR seems fairly objective:

What's Inside The Senate's $2 Trillion Coronavirus Aid Package

It sounds good on paper, but the $500 billion to big business worries me. We've seen over and over again that oversight of big business often fails to curb bad actors from being bad actors. I also feel that a big portion of the relief given to families and small businesses will ultimately be channeled right back to the banks.
We're again covering well trodden ground.

Shad

Veteran Member
I'm not sure for what @Shad is advocating but he sure seems to be against anything that focuses on helping the workers and the poor.

Try reading my post again. I have repeatedly pointed out aid has to go to both the worker and businesses. This is why you and Ice get flack from me. Neither of you read posts then come out with these gems.You never just ask. You create a fiction in your head then post it here.

Me: Aid needs to go to both.
You: You are not helping the poor!
Me: .....

Shad

Veteran Member
I also feel that a big portion of the relief given to families and small businesses will ultimately be channeled right back to the banks.

A large portion of the 1st world's population has debt of some sort. Many small business take years to hit the black. This is going to happen because of those factors in many cases because many people are debtors without any issue from the virus or lockdown

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
A large portion of the 1st world's population has debt of some sort. Many small business take years to hit the black. This is going to happen because of those factors in many cases because many people are debtors without any issue from the virus or lockdown

Agreed. But my point is that when things get back to normal, all of those families and small businesses should NOT be further in debt than before the crisis. Hence the idea of a temporary suspension.

Shad

Veteran Member
Agreed. But my point is that when things get back to normal, all of those families and small businesses should NOT be further in debt than before the crisis. Hence the idea of a temporary suspension.

Businesses are going to be further in debt as aid does not cover all costs faced by a business nor person at this time. There is recession coming

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Businesses are going to be further in debt as aid does not cover all costs faced by a business nor person at this time. There is recession coming
Aye, businesses without income, but with continuing
expenses will incur debt...if they survive. I understand
that some have concern for employees, & that businesses
escape their notice. But without businesses to buy from
& work for, the economy goes into da terlit.

Shad

Veteran Member
Aye, businesses without income, but with continuing
expenses will incur debt...if they survive.

Products with limited shelf life and perishables as example comes to mind.

I understand that some have concern for employees, & that businesses
escape their notice. But without businesses to buy from
& work for, the economy goes into da terlit.

That is due to ideology and never running a business themselves.

Last edited: