• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Economic Stimulus Act of 2008

Lindsey-Loo

Steel Magnolia
What do you think of it?

It's that time again when I am forced to debate the economy for my debate team at school, and I seriously need The Economy for Dummies or something. So I was hoping to get some input before I write my case for this debate. The whole topic is:

Resolved: That the Economic Stimulus Act of 2008 will successfully mitigate economic slowdowns over the next year.

So would you affirm this resolution, or negate it? And why?

it wil help stabilize the economic disturbance a bit but it will in no way settle it in just 1 year and it might couse problems in the long term because it increases what people in small company's will spend though that is a good thing, small company's are prone to bankrupty.

Wandered Off

Sporadic Driveby Member
I agree with the comments of Libertarian Party National Chairman William Redpath:

It is almost as if Congress and the President set out to do something half-baked and cheesy in response to this nation's economic problems. They won't give serious solutions the time of day, such as substantially reducing government spending, reducing taxes and reforming the tax code. If the government really wanted to fix the economy, they would start by getting rid of the junky hodge-podge of deductions and credits, lowering tax rates to stimulate entrepreneurial activity and risk taking, and addressing the trillions of dollars of unfunded entitlements in Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid. If these problems are not substantively addressed soon, foreigners through the world's financial markets may ultimately make the tough decisions for this nation. Let's hope economic sensibility and spine become the order of the day in Washington before then.
Source: Official Website of the Libertarian National Committee