• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Economic consequences of Evolution vs. Creation.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
If sued, the government pays for defense.
If the district has a union, it would be either district funds or union funds that could help, but only if they believe the teacher has a case.

They're not subject to any licensing requirements.
False. Public school teachers in Michigan not only are licensed but they need to take classes on a regular basis in order to keep their license, and most districts do not pay for that updating.

Aren't you aware that these regulations are regularly violated....at least here?.

And then you and others should be raising holy-hell, and boards definitely react to public pressure. In our district, I used to go to the board of education meetings pretty much on a regular basis.

Listen, I was an educator for 36 years, and I can say without bragging that I know how the public educational system works here in Michigan, including rules and regulations. Also, I was also active on the political end (not the union end though).

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
False. Public school teachers in Michigan not only are licensed but they need to take classes on a regular basis in order to keep their license, and most districts do not pay for that updating.
Tricky you are!
Changing my claim, eh?
I wasn't addressing teachers.
Just administation.
And then you and others should be raising holy-hell, and boards definitely react to public pressure. In our district, I used to go to the board of education meetings pretty much on a regular basis.
Listen, I was an educator for 36 years, and I can say without bragging that I know how the public educational system works here in Michigan, including rules and regulations. Also, I was also active on the political end (not the union end though).
Your experience doesn't change the fact that by not contacting a recent former employer (me),
they failed the due diligence requirement. They should have....for reasons I've only alluded to.

metis

Tricky you are!
Changing my claim, eh?
I wasn't addressing teachers.
Just administation.

Your experience doesn't change the fact that by not contacting a recent former employer (me),
they failed the due diligence requirement. They should have....for reasons I've only alluded to.
Administrators are responsible to the rules and regulation of the boards of education plus state law. A law suit can be filed against a district, but if an administrator personally breaks the law, he/she can be held responsible for their own court expenses. If the latter took place, then the board would have to decide on whether they would cover the administrator's court costs in a personal law suit against the administrator. The state itself does not cover either situation but could in cases whereas the district was following state law but was being used as a test-case in federal court.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Administrators are responsible to the rules and regulation of the boards of education plus state law. A law suit can be filed against a district, but if an administrator personally breaks the law, he/she can be held responsible for their own court expenses. If the latter took place, then the board would have to decide on whether they would cover the administrator's court costs in a personal law suit against the administrator. The state itself does not cover either situation but could in cases whereas the district was following state law but was being used as a test-case in federal court.
You talk of theoretical possibility.
I speak of what I see actually occurring here.
Example....
When the school board was illegally refusing to hire substitute teachers who worked
more than a certain number of hours per year, no one in charge suffered in any way.
(Btw, a local leftish politically active lawyer was on the board, & OK'd the impropriety.
But under MI law, no complaint against his license is permitted in such circumstances.)
Only the taxpayers did....we paid millions to cure the problem.

Things are different in business.
If I or those acting as my agents screw up, I am immediately & totally responsible.
Although I at least get the satisfaction of firing anyone who deserves it.

metis

You talk of theoretical possibility.
I speak of what I see actually occurring here.
Example....
When the school board was illegally refusing to hire substitute teachers who worked
more than a certain number of hours per year, no one in charge suffered in any way.
(Btw, a local leftish politically active lawyer was on the board, & OK'd the impropriety.
But under MI law, no complaint against his license is permitted in such circumstances.)
Only the taxpayers did....we paid millions to cure the problem.

Things are different in business.
If I or those acting as my agents screw up, I am immediately & totally responsible.
Although I at least get the satisfaction of firing anyone who deserves it.
But the simple fact that the board was indeed taken to task, which undercuts your original claim.

Since the board is an elected body, the rules with them are somewhat different. As far as the license is concerned, I cannot speak to that since I'm not privy to enough info on this.

Ya, lawsuits can be expensive, but that also can happen in the private sector-- just ask Comrad Trump, who you voted for.

BTW, I just have to bring it back up again because I know you love it, but my guess is that you voted for Snyder, and we well know how that has turned out in regards to the law, Flint, and the public schools he's taken over. I know you don't like me posting this, and I don't blame you because I would maybe feel the same way if I had made that same terrible mistake voting for him, but you should know that this whole conversation is a side-bar that frankly doesn't much relate to the OP.

So, I'll let you have the last word.:D

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
But the simple fact that the board was indeed taken to task, which undercuts your original claim.
They were?
Who paid damages?
Who lost a license?
Who was fired?
Since the board is an elected body, the rules with them are somewhat different. As far as the license is concerned, I cannot speak to that since I'm not privy to enough info on this.
Ya, lawsuits can be expensive, but that also can happen in the private sector-- just ask Comrad Trump, who you voted for.
In the public sector, gov typically pays to defend its aparatchiks when sued, eg, Snyder.
In the private sector, we foot our own bill.
This difference is surprisingly difficult to convey to fans of big government....especially those whose
careers were in it, eg, public school teachers, whose livelihood depends upon opposing challenge.
BTW, I just have to bring it back up again because I know you love it, but my guess is that you voted for Snyder, and we well know how that has turned out in regards to the law, Flint, and the public schools he's taken over. I know you don't like me posting this, and I don't blame you because I would maybe feel the same way if I had made that same terrible mistake voting for him, but you should know that this whole conversation is a side-bar that frankly doesn't much relate to the OP.
So, I'll let you have the last word.:D
Twas no mistake to vote for Snyder.
The competition was worse.....far worse.
It's analogous to Trump.
As bad as he is, Hillary was worse.

Shad

Veteran Member
so Darwin's own views are terrible examples of Darwins views when he captured aborigines?

Except your source does not support the claim that he captured aborigines. You didn't read your source

or when genocide happened because some ethnicities were seen as inferior?

Too bad this genocide was set within the context of technology not biological inferiority.

not a terrible example but I take it as under advisement it isn't a 'last say on the issue'

It is a terrible example as it is a made up one supported by nothing. You have yet to provide a source for any of your claims. Try again son.

metis

They were?
Who paid damages?
Who lost a license?
Who was fired?

In the public sector, gov typically pays to defend its aparatchiks when sued, eg, Snyder.
In the private sector, we foot our own bill.
This difference is surprisingly difficult to convey to fans of big government....especially those whose
careers were in it, eg, public school teachers, whose livelihood depends upon opposing challenge.

Twas no mistake to vote for Snyder.
The competition was worse.....far worse.
It's analogous to Trump.
As bad as he is, Hillary was worse.
There's some sort of disconnect with the first part as I was just responding to what you yourself wrote.

As far as Snyder and Trump are concerned, it is of no surprise that you would think they were in any way respectable or that they were even better than the alternatives. Maybe go ask the people in Flint what thy think of Snyder and then come back and tell me what you hear. Or maybe ask the kids in the DPS how their schools are being maintained by Snyder. And while you're at it, have a good drink of a chunk of leaded water while you're in Flint. Oh, but as long as you live in your nice comfortable house in Ann Arbor, what do you care about those in Flint and Detroit, right?

And to show you how bizarre your evaluation of Trump is, you said that Hillary was the "warmonger", but what do you think about Trump's nominating three former generals? He played you and way too many others like a cheap fiddle.

Your opinion on both Trump and Snyder makes me sick to my stomach as both of them lack even basic morality towards those who need help, and Snyder's administration caused the problem to begin with and their "follow-up" has been truly pathetic. And I have never said such things against any previous president or governor before, but these two have repeatedly acted in a blatantly immoral manner.

So, in closing, I guess you and I will always be on different wave-links.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Yes interesting claim.... I apologize for leaving it so narrow... let's widen the claim... the Darwinized view of the inferiority of spices also led to genecide of aborigines..
Tasmanian Genocide | Combat Genocide Association
Uhh, all I could take from that article was that Darwin observed that wherever European settlers colonized death of that particular native population soon followed. What does that have to do with Darwin's views promoting genocide? He literally blamed Europeans for killing natives. Also he was against slavery. You know it is quite distasteful and cowardly to slander a dead person.
In any case, so what if he saw natives as inferior? He's human not some immaculate being. Christ, he lived in the 1800s for goodness sakes. It would be highly surprising if he didn't have at least some racist/sexist attitudes by today's standards. Nothing of that has anything to do with Biology anyway.
I mean if Sir Isaac Newton was a Satan Worshiping serial rapist who ate babies and killed random people with a chainsaw, that still would not be a valid argument against Newton's Laws of Physics!

Scientists aren't religious leaders, you can't just point to their own flaws as arguments against their scientific findings. Neither can you point to flawed laymen twisting said findings for their own agendas as a valid argument against said findings. That's just........silly.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
As far as Snyder and Trump are concerned, it is of no surprise that you would think they were in any way respectable or that they were even better than the alternatives.
Snyder is more respectable than Trump.
Trump is less dangerous than Hilda.
That's just how it is.
Maybe go ask the people in Flint what thy think of Snyder and then come back and tell me what you hear. Or maybe ask the kids in the DPS how their schools are being maintained by Snyder. And while you're at it, have a good drink of a chunk of leaded water while you're in Flint. Oh, but as long as you live in your nice comfortable house in Ann Arbor, what do you care about those in Flint and Detroit, right?
You should discover why it is the state had to take over those other arms of government.
The state isn't very good at it's job, but the cities are even worse.
Are you unaware that Detroit has been plagued for decades with corrupt incompetent leadership?
They took a prosperous city, & ran it into the ground.
(It can't be blamed upon the contraction of the auto industry.)
And to show you how bizarre your evaluation of Trump is, you said that Hillary was the "warmonger", but what do you think about Trump's nominating three former generals? He played you and way too many others like a cheap fiddle.
Trump is indeed a risk for more war.
But you look at him for something to criticize, without even considering why Hillary might be worse.
A comparison requires looking at both.
Your opinion on both Trump and Snyder makes me sick to my stomach....
A positive development!
k
.....as both of them lack even basic morality towards those who need help, and Snyder's administration caused the problem to begin with and their "follow-up" has been truly pathetic. And I have never said such things against any previous president or governor before, but these two have repeatedly acted in a blatantly immoral manner.
You shouldn't be so quick to always take the side of the Dems against the Pubs.
There's a whole lotta culpability to go around.
I recommend reading up more on the history of those debacles.
Those of us (at least the non-partisans) who live here know.
I suspect that you're not really from Michiganistan.
You seem more of an Ohiostanian.
(The stench of the buckeye lies upon thee.)
So, in closing, I guess you and I will always be on different wave-links.
That should be "wavelengths".
(The advantage of a science education, eh?)

I estimate that I'll be on <ignore> again within a week.

Last edited: