• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Economic consequences of Evolution vs. Creation.

Brian Schuh

No, that is false. Creation Museam (sic) of Kentucky is tax exempt, in fact it siphons public money from Kentucky through a tourism incentive program. I, as a lone "evolutionist," do more to "keep the Feds afloat" than the Creation Museam (sic) of Kentucky does.
Sapiens, you have a smell for the false. You can just smell when there is something false. But the facts I quoted I found in a Kentucky newspaper. The jobs the Creation museum creates are not tax exempt. Therefore, those working for the museum have to pay federal tax. Am I wrong? or does your nose for the false also see this as false?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Ya, sometimes educators can be just as bad as business owners. Who woulda figured?!
In this case, the business owner (Revolt) respected the tenants' sense of
propriety, & sanctity of their property. I expect this from employees too.
It's heinous that a public school wouldn't protect the safety of kids by simple
vetting of teachers. I never hired anyone not already known to me without
a private investigator doing a background check. But then.....unlike public
officials, I'm personally on the hook if my workers do something bad.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Sapiens, you have a smell for the false. You can just smell when there is something false. But the facts I quoted I found in a Kentucky newspaper. The jobs the Creation museum creates are not tax exempt. Therefore, those working for the museum have to pay federal tax. Am I wrong? or does your nose for the false also see this as false?
I still maintain that it doesn't matter either way, as Bioinformatics and immunology are 'evolutionist' businesses which creates hundreds of thousands of jobs.

whirlingmerc

By the way Charles Darwin's only degree was in Bible

His mother's side of the family were Christian
His father's side leaned occult with his Grandfather's coat of arms being 'everything form sea shells'
Erasmus Darwin belonged to a society that met on the full moon and discussed animal transmigration of the soul lower to higher animal types. Charles didn't 'discover' evolution, he chose Erasmus occult views over his mother's Christian view

Charles also was a victim of bad geological science that assumed our history was strictly uniformitarian and gradual and excluded catastrophic (Noah type) events dismissing them out of hand... a bad assumption and as assumptions go more a religious view than an observation

In the end Charles made some sad choices, like request that Australian aborigines be captured and taxidermies and shipped to London as they were less than human in his view. Likewise his book is disparaging of non English, particularly the Irish, and very very negative on Blacks and Asian ethnicities

Charles Darwin is a type of idol... people who put him on a pedestal don't usually know the
whole story Darwin of course was a social Darwinist not being the least of the problems...

In the end as far as economics? Nothing of practical benefit to mankind inherently rests on Darwinism (or Huxleyism or Lamarkianism or punctuated equilibrium or seeded by aliens ) the major types of evolutionary view. As opposed to special creation which allows adaptation hybridization and socialization of species anyway.... so the red flags of false dichotomy are all over the field regarding the economic claims

Last edited:

whirlingmerc

Interesting indeed...

The body parts of Australian Aboriginal folk were keenly sought after. Following Darwin and his contemporaries, they were regarded by scientists and other evolutionary enthusiasts as ‘living missing links’. The remains of some 10,000 dead Aboriginal people in all were shipped to British museums over the course of this frenzy to provide specimens for this ‘new science’.5

David Monaghan, an Australian journalist, extensively documented these—and far worse—effects of evolutionary belief. He spent 18 months researching his subject in London, culminating in an article in Australia’s Bulletin magazine6 and a TV documentary called Darwin’s Body-Snatchers. This aired in Britain on October 8, 1990.

unquote
from Missing the link between Darwin and racism - creation.com
and it gets worse

Good prices were being offered for such specimens. Monaghan shows, on the basis of written evidence from the time, that there is little doubt that many of the ‘fresh’ specimens were obtained by simply going out and killing the Aboriginal people. The way in which the requests for specimens were announced was often a poorly disguised invitation to do just that. A death-bed memoir from Korah Wills, who became mayor of Bowen, Queensland, in 1866, graphically described how he killed and dismembered a local tribesman in 1865 to provide a scientific specimen.

Monaghan’s research indicated that Edward Ramsay, curator of the Australian Museum in Sydney for 20 years from 1874, was particularly heavily involved. He published a museum booklet which appeared to include his, my and your Aboriginal relatives under the designation of ‘Australian animals’. It also gave instructions not only on how to rob graves, but also on how to plug up bullet wounds in freshly killed ‘specimens’.
unquote

gotta plug up those bullet holes else the museum pieces won't look up to snuff?

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Charles Darwin'
I never get why anyone thinks criticizing Darwin as a person or social darwinism has any effect on evolutionary biology, which is in no way connected to the ideal of a man nor to the person, any more than gravity is connected to the people (and their failings) of Einstein or Newton. Seems the quintessential definition of an ad hominem.

special creation which allows adaptation hybridization and socialization of species
Speciation isn't hybridization and common descent is inseparable from our understanding of evolutionary process, which creationism rejects on no scientific ground.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
or Huxleyism or Lamarkianism or punctuated equilibrium or seeded by aliens ) the major types of evolutionary view.
Also, these aren't types of evolutionary views. Any more than phrenology is a type of psychology.
Punctuated equilibrium is, at best, a mechanical description of evolutionary tempo, not an independent or competing theory with TOE. The rest are just not scientific assertions.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Yes interesting claim.... I apologize for leaving it so narrow... let's widen the claim... the Darwinized view of the inferiority of spices also led to genecide of aborigines..
Tasmanian Genocide | Combat Genocide Association
Your link doesn't support your claim.

But if a terrible consequence of some belief discredits that belief,
then what belief is left standing after applying that rationale?
Certainly all major religions fall.
Engineering, physics.....all the sciences fall.
By your standard, nothing would be knowable.

Shad

Veteran Member
The Creation Museam of Kentucky creates more jobs for Kentucky and pays more federal tax to keep the Feds afloat than all evolutionists combined ever had.

Taxpayers put millions into this museum via the government endorsement. The government is also losing millions in taxes due to exemptions. There are no financial gains that compensate for the losses made to get this museum off the ground let alone maintain operation.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
In this case, the business owner (Revolt) respected the tenants' sense of
propriety, & sanctity of their property. I expect this from employees too.
It's heinous that a public school wouldn't protect the safety of kids by simple
vetting of teachers. I never hired anyone not already known to me without
a private investigator doing a background check. But then.....unlike public
officials, I'm personally on the hook if my workers do something bad.
And you don't think public school administrators aren't "on the hook"?

BTW, I was "vetted" three times before I was hired, and when my oldest daughter went into public school teaching, she was "vetted" at least twice that I know of.

Shad

Veteran Member
I appreciate some evidence. Historical evidence would be appreciated. Assuming uniformitarianism back only to time of the Flood would be appreciated. If it could be demonstrated that the global flood could not have happened for whatever reason, I would respond that the Flood was only regional. Show me some evidence. Some say, at current rate of speciation, that all the vertebrates could not have fit on an ark. And some say, that freshwater life could not have survived a flood. Show me some evidence within the confines of my religious belief.

Look up osmotic shock. Get a rainbow trout and a tank with saltwater. Put the rainbow trout into the saltwater. Within a few days the fish will be dead.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
And you don't think public school administrators aren't "on the hook"?
They are not.
If my employees do wrong, I could be....
- Sanctioned by the state licensing board.
- Sued for damages.
Neither of these things has ever happened to officials here.
BTW, I was "vetted" three times before I was hired, and when my oldest daughter went into public school teaching, she was "vetted" at least twice that I know of.
Perhaps your school's administration was more responsible than Ann Arbor's.
When a prior employer isn't even contacted for a reference, that is irresponsible.

whirlingmerc

so Darwin's own views are terrible examples of Darwins views when he captured aborigines? or when genocide happened because some ethnicities were seen as inferior? not a terrible example but I take it as under advisement it isn't a 'last say on the issue'

and of course there is 'almost but not quote lamarkianism' like we see in the relatively new field related to the switches around genes where environmental effects today affect both the organism exposed but can affect the next generation... the switches not being cumulative but can switch back and forth ... not lamarkian but feels that way for the next gen.. I would not dismiss as mere philosophies: huxleyism (survival of the luckiest), lamarkianism ( behaviors form one gen and their environment affecting the next) punctuated equilibrium ( a rescue device when the fossil evidence for gradual animal type to animal types isn't there) and seeded by aliens ( a hopeful view that solves nothing because who made the aliens) I will agree that evolutionary views almost always carry philosophical baggage and the baggage might outweighs the science

so there is also a terminology disagreement... generics, microevolution of a species and breeding.. those are not inherently macro evolution... a bird finch may grow longer as types of food are available over generations ... and can cycle back and forth.. but cycling does not turn the bird into a woodpecker... A fish in a cave without light might tend to survive more without eyes that can be infected and so a fish by subtraction might become a blind cave fish but can't go back... that isn't an upward trend but a one way specialization and specification

Last edited:

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
They are not.
If my employees do wrong, I could be....
- Sanctioned by the state licensing board.
- Sued for damages.
Neither of these things has ever happened to officials here.

Perhaps your school's administration was more responsible than Ann Arbor's.
When a prior employer isn't even contacted for a reference, that is irresponsible.
You actually think that administrators can't be fired and/or sued? Aren't you aware that public schools are monitored by the state and must follow very specific regulations? Aren't you aware of the fact that the state monitors public schools much more closely than charter schools here in Michigan? Aren't you aware of the fact that some school districts have been taken over by the state for poor performance (the same administration that brought forth the Flint water crisis hasn't done any better with their school take-overs, btw, and didn't Snyder say he was going to run the state like a business :p)?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
You actually think that administrators can't be fired and/or sued?
It's theoretically possible for the ones who aren't elected to be fired.
But....
If sued, the government pays for defense.
They're not subject to any licensing requirements.

If I'm sued, I pay the full tab.
Aren't you aware that public schools are monitored by the state and must follow very specific regulations?
Aren't you aware that these regulations are regularly violated....at least here?
Aren't you aware of the fact that the state monitors public schools much more closely than charter schools here in Michigan?
Trying to turn this into a charter school criticism?
No.....that isn't what I'm addressing here.
Aren't you aware of the fact that some school districts have been taken over by the state for poor performance (the same administration that brought forth the Flint water crisis hasn't done any better with their school take-overs.....
Still trying to distract, eh.
......btw, and didn't Snyder say he was going to run the state like a business :p)?
Ann Arbor schools are not run like a business.
As a business owner, I'm liable for what happens in my company.
So I'm careful....even with things like water chemistry.