• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Eckankar

Hi I just joined and my religion is called Eckankar. Not a lot of people I know have heard of it, so I was wondering if anyone else on here follows Eckankar too.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I've heard of it. Sort of new age. Isn't it humming ohmmmmm.......? astro projection soul travel ect.?

Anyways welcome to this little neck of the woods.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
From the little that I know about Eckankar, it seems like it came from a man who astral projected and was over-fascinated by the experience.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Hi I just joined and my religion is called Eckankar. Not a lot of people I know have heard of it, so I was wondering if anyone else on here follows Eckankar too.
Oh course, I've heard of it. I even went into one of their storefronts. While there, I bought a copy of Tiger's Fang by Paul Twitchell. Interesting read, but nothing much to get too excited about. Note: I was really turned off by the people at the Eckankar centre in Vancouver. So much so, that I never went back. They were so.... stuffy... so ... I don't know how to put it, but I still remember it 30 years later...

allfoak

Alchemist
Yup, heard of it.
Explored it many moons ago.
My impression was that it was a dead end.
I wanted more than the ability to explore the astral plane.

Skwim

Veteran Member
Years ago I was involved Eckankar for about half a year until I got bored and concluded it held no more "truth" than any other religion.

BTW. Welcome to RF.

WillEast

Premium Member
I am a chela of Eckankar. The group is not too active but I find some of the techniques to be beneficial.

RabbiO

הרב יונה בן זכריה
I am a fellow Chela but I also have connections to other paths as well

Are you not feeling well?

You appear to be responding to either - a) your own post, post #14, or b) once again to the OP, who filed this thread more than 4 years ago and has not been seen since.