• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Echo Chambers

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
The man makes a few good points if you listen to him. Let me tell you a true story.

I'm a big nerd. I love anime, cosplay, RPGs, that whole scene. I watched Jessica Nigri and other cosplayers/makeup artist/sfx artist as well. I really like this one cosplayer named Ginny McQueen. She's not on YouTube anymore though.

Anyways Ginny is a big social justice advocate, intersectional feminist etc. At the time I listened to her progressive talking points, and I was like yeah she's right that's effed up and unfair blah blah blah. And agreed with most of what she had to say. I even donated to her Patreon like $10 a month and once even talked to her because she needed money for a rescue inhaler, so I sent her $50 so she could run down to the pharmacy to get it, in which she did. She thanked me, I felt like I did something good and helped someone out, winning at life.

Well a few months go by. As the 2016 Presidential election draws near the political climate became hectic. Ginny becomes increasingly anxious, nervous, and extremely sensitive. One day, she was having a bad self esteem day and complaining about how she looked etc. I thought I'd try to lift her up and compliment her by saying that she doesn't need to worry about makeup she's beautiful just the way she is, you know trying to be a friend. She goes off on this tangent insults me, accused me of oppressing her with my cis gendered straight white male patriarchy blah blah blah.

Here I am just wanting to see a cool new costume and I've been accused of being a nazi. So that's when I walked away, and I can't stand feminist ever since. So yeah the comedian above did notice a huge problem and how it was created. So it's good to see someone other than my kind (nerdy guy) to recognize that and point it out.

Last edited:

PureX

Veteran Member
The man makes a few good points if you listen to him. Let me tell you a true story.

I'm a big nerd. I love anime, cosplay, RPGs, that whole scene. I watched Jessica Nigri and other cosplayers/makeup artist/sfx artist as well. I really like this one cosplayer named Ginny McQueen. She's not on YouTube anymore though.

Anyways Ginny is a big social justice advocate, intersectional feminist etc. At the time I listened to her progressive talking points, and I was like yeah she's right that's effed up and unfair blah blah blah. And agreed with most of what she had to say. I even donated to her Patreon like $10 a month and once even talked to her because she needed money for a rescue inhaler, so I sent her $50 so she could run down to the pharmacy to get it, in which she did. She thanked me, I felt like I did something good and helped someone out, winning at life.

Well a few months go by. As the 2016 Presidential election draws near the political climate became hectic. Ginny becomes increasingly anxious, nervous, and extremely sensitive. One day, she was having a bad self esteem day and complaining about how she looked etc. I thought I'd try to lift her up and compliment her by saying that she doesn't need to worry about makeup she's beautiful just the way she is, you know trying to be a friend. She goes off on this tangent insults me, accused me of oppressing her with my cis gendered straight white male patriarchy blah blah blah.

Here I am just wanting to see a cool new costume and I've been accused of being a nazi. So that's when I walked away, and I can't stand feminist ever since. So yeah the comedian above did notice a huge problem and how it was created. So it's good to see someone other than my kind (nerdy guy) to recognize that and point it out.
So you used one bad experience with one feminist to dismiss and condemn all feminists. How myopic of you.

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
So you used one bad experience with one feminist to dismiss and condemn all feminists. How myopic of you.

Nope, that was just a condensed version to tell a story quickly. There is much more to it. But, this is why you're losing the culture war. You're so obsessed with proving a point that you pulled put your rear, that you missed the point of the story. You're attitude proved my point though so thanks.

PureX

Veteran Member
Nope, that was just a condensed version to tell a story quickly. There is much more to it. But, this is why you're losing the culture war. You're so obsessed with proving a point that you pulled put your rear, that you missed the point of the story. You're attitude proved my point though so thanks.
There is no "culture war". There are just some whiny ignorant bigots, and everybody else.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Only for the righteousness "warriors". The rest of us are just trying to live our lives in peace and with minimal suffering.
So you're a conscientious objector in the culture wars, eh.
As a former draft dodger, I sympathize.

PureX

Veteran Member
So you're a conscientious objector in the culture wars, eh.
As a former draft dodger, I sympathize.
Culture is what happens when people live together. That some of us think it has to be a "war" is unfortunate for the rest of us because they think they are supposed to be in control of it. I think people should believe and do as they see fit, so long as they do not infringe the right of their fellow citizens and humans to do the same. I see no need for any "warfare" over anyone's moral codes or metaphysical/philosophical/political beliefs. Just obey the laws that have been set up to protect us from each other, and then live your own life your own way within those limitations. And wallah! The culture will take care of itself.

Last edited: