• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Eating US Into Extension

Watchmen

Premium Member
We've been farming domestic animals for about 10,000 years. I think the problem is more overpopulation. We're breeding ourselves to extinction.
Farming now is nothing like it was 10,000 years ago. Or 1,000 years ago. Or even 100 years ago.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Yes, the production of meat requires a lot of resources which could be more efficiently used to produce non-meat foods.
There is a laboratory process that grows animal muscle without the whole animal. Apparently it tastes like the natural product.

I can see this replacing some degree of meat. But I suspect science is keeping us one step ahead of massive disaster and one day there will be a tipping point where large groups of populations will die off from disease, climate problems like excessive heat, black outs, famine, etc. I think we have been lucky so far. I fond it odd how many people think we can keep going as we are with population growth and more demand on natural resources.

Riders

People we are dying off, 20 years from now this planet will be dead. I just hope mother earth is rezeelant enough to bounce back with animals and dinosoaurs and all.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
There is a laboratory process that grows animal muscle without the whole animal. Apparently it tastes like the natural product.

I can see this replacing some degree of meat. But I suspect science is keeping us one step ahead of massive disaster and one day there will be a tipping point where large groups of populations will die off from disease, climate problems like excessive heat, black outs, famine, etc. I think we have been lucky so far. I fond it odd how many people think we can keep going as we are with population growth and more demand on natural resources.

I suppose the dead have no regrets.