• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Eating like a God: Perfect for College

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
I love taking my time to make schnitzel. I spend about an hour just prepping. Beating the pork chops paper thin, making sure I season and bread them perfectly. Handmade gorgeous potato salad for a side dish with some green beans. Fresh lemons to drown them in just before eating. A very small dab of ketchup, like U.S. quarter size is all you need. There is something very satisfying about cooking a meal yourself. I can dig it.

You seem to understand the joy of cooking: which is the cooking part and not the eating :D

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
newtonian_demonstrator_third_law_of_motion_hg_wht.gif

Judgey much?

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
Lavish, rich and lots of liquor. This is how I get good grades and this is more important than studying . . . which is detrimental to success.
vn9yvuc1wo-Rlwir8CLfcTyjgfuRFDnSJBURJ5Ic97wtzRuuRLD3gsETMVFGnGtitHv3V3v-ewqm62g30W0CAt0nn1EwiIAizH4IRWZ7tywbHlip-r4LdtP4SIEcdKVqvaiMcmhfaw=w883-h662-no

Center cut pork chops seasoned with homegrown jalapenos, red chilies, garlic, kosher salt and cracked black pepper. Topped with cilantro and laid upon a bed of organic kale and Italian parsley fried in organic butter and organic coconut oil. I only fry in cast iron and stainless steel I should add because only post modernist scum use non stick :D
Jku7On1H8AqUKr4oPQKMAGkuvqym4_inTPV3MPPjOsgS_DwXgyw1GaMCfeCt1l25QGkDS3VMjQIEqv_LnOnLmXD-Cq9ay-83jjMT2v2pEhyPC_GsIMpySsjyqTCMh86DdJY6UECk3A=w883-h662-no

A nice Pina Colada. I could have hand made it like typical but I was lazy :(
pDgc9Ay3UMafCZxHmOLXvZkp-yZ6im6c-noT1EKZaajdXHp_QUqzoBlqRU-mjmZfNcGhXkvOWKXLL1v8yBao8PJXUF0wapfdLHfMoop067YCAP6rI29tOqqX7-NvxRCaVZkHE20DVw=w497-h662-no

Bread fried in butter and drizzled with organic maple syrup
nRThH-5huC1L2ktJ1GL7K8uOMI9esi7abzf5lvFarLtdNe5unitwaVFJPWChXhHSsU1hUJjOBl0IO6D1nBV1-bQRbdvTdr_RQejpPifF6o-dkktJVNb--FSK-oYxXI90GOduwjWDcQ=w883-h662-no
Used to eat that all the time at the college cafeteria.

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
Obviously so but I am not a hypocrite since I am not a Muslim anymore. I lived my life as a pious Muslim already and no longer practice the din.

Not true when looking at the greater scheme of things. I find Islam practical and beneficial to a great degree but it does not mean I find its core conclusions correct. Islam led me to polytheism to begin with as no Muslim theologian could rationalize tawhid yet alone the Qur'an. I find the heart of the religion honest but the ultimate conclusions lackings on a few key points.

Charity, humility, sexual modesty, justice, moral consistency and surrender to the divine is what Islam is. All of which I do. I just do not find alcohol one of such matter and monotheism to be an incorrect conclusion, that is literally all.

Then you had polytheistic roots or thoughts to begin with.....

If you believe in Islamic eschatology you understand that polytheism is considered an unforgivable sin (although some schools of thought may differ). I'm not sure how strict monotheism can lead one to polytheism if they're staunch in their belief sunless their beliefs weren't stable to begin with.

That is like me as an agnostic-theist still having theological issues converting to Islam still with an agnostic thought and engagi9ng in agnosticism. It would make sense I would continue to question despite converting. I don't know it seems quite bizarre to go from strict monotheism to polytheism since Islam is staunchly against it. The Qur'an forbids it and it is seemingly a hated thing in theology because it is considered an untruth.

The shahadah itself declares there is no deity worthy of worship other than Allah. That means there is no deity that exists besides, precedes, proceeds, Allah. But whatever makes you happy. I just don't think people are concrete in their beliefs if they turn away inn such a short period of time. That is merely my opinion.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
You seem to understand the joy of cooking: which is the cooking part and not the eating :D
Sounds fabulous. I'm no slouch in the kitchen either and every night is a delight at Chez Ymir. :) (My BBQ's dishes are outrageously good.) It took me awhile, of trial and error, to perfectly duplicate authentic Chinese BBQ pork. It wasn't as easy as just adding a plum sauce... but it was a fun adventure as every trip to the grill got closer and closer... then... Nirvana arrived. :D

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
Sounds fabulous. I'm no slouch in the kitchen either and every night is a delight at Chez Ymir. :) (My BBQ's dishes are outrageously good.) It took me awhile, of trial and error, to perfectly duplicate authentic Chinese BBQ pork. It wasn't as easy as just adding a plum sauce... but it was a fun adventure as every trip to the grill got closer and closer... then... Nirvana arrived. :D

Yeah I had an adventure trying to replicate Mongolian beef. Caution, you don't need a lot of ginger root, just a smidge goes a long ways! It was good mind you, my kitchen just smelt like ginger for about 6 months.

Euronymous

SSilence
Lavish, rich and lots of liquor. This is how I get good grades and this is more important than studying . . . which is detrimental to success.
vn9yvuc1wo-Rlwir8CLfcTyjgfuRFDnSJBURJ5Ic97wtzRuuRLD3gsETMVFGnGtitHv3V3v-ewqm62g30W0CAt0nn1EwiIAizH4IRWZ7tywbHlip-r4LdtP4SIEcdKVqvaiMcmhfaw=w883-h662-no

Center cut pork chops seasoned with homegrown jalapenos, red chilies, garlic, kosher salt and cracked black pepper. Topped with cilantro and laid upon a bed of organic kale and Italian parsley fried in organic butter and organic coconut oil. I only fry in cast iron and stainless steel I should add because only post modernist scum use non stick :D
Jku7On1H8AqUKr4oPQKMAGkuvqym4_inTPV3MPPjOsgS_DwXgyw1GaMCfeCt1l25QGkDS3VMjQIEqv_LnOnLmXD-Cq9ay-83jjMT2v2pEhyPC_GsIMpySsjyqTCMh86DdJY6UECk3A=w883-h662-no

A nice Pina Colada. I could have hand made it like typical but I was lazy :(
pDgc9Ay3UMafCZxHmOLXvZkp-yZ6im6c-noT1EKZaajdXHp_QUqzoBlqRU-mjmZfNcGhXkvOWKXLL1v8yBao8PJXUF0wapfdLHfMoop067YCAP6rI29tOqqX7-NvxRCaVZkHE20DVw=w497-h662-no

Bread fried in butter and drizzled with organic maple syrup
nRThH-5huC1L2ktJ1GL7K8uOMI9esi7abzf5lvFarLtdNe5unitwaVFJPWChXhHSsU1hUJjOBl0IO6D1nBV1-bQRbdvTdr_RQejpPifF6o-dkktJVNb--FSK-oYxXI90GOduwjWDcQ=w883-h662-no

Yummy...

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
Then you had polytheistic roots or thoughts to begin with.....

No, spent about 5 years as a Muslim and even after that I was no polytheist.

If you believe in Islamic eschatology you understand that polytheism is considered an unforgivable sin (although some schools of thought may differ). I'm not sure how strict monotheism can lead one to polytheism if they're staunch in their belief sunless their beliefs weren't stable to begin with.

I am already aware, I know the religion like my left testicle knows my right one.

Also you are ignoring the fact people can change. I grew up and found the religion lacking considering I was 14 when I converted and through that period had increased my knowledge in theology and philosophy. Monotheism is not responsible for me being a polytheist, blame that in philosophy and science. I just find Islam backwarded in its primary theology and believe it functions better as a polytheistic religion.

That is like me as an agnostic-theist still having theological issues converting to Islam still with an agnostic thought and engaging in agnosticism. It would make sense I would continue to question despite converting. I don't know it seems quite bizarre to go from strict monotheism to polytheism since Islam is staunchly against it. The Qur'an forbids it and it is seemingly a hated thing in theology because it is considered an untruth.

I converted to the religion so obviously I believed it wholesale. The only thing I ever questioned in Islam is how to treat homosexuals and that is literally it. I have no clue why you as a muslim think that I cannot see through your tactics.

I have talked to Muslims for over half my life and know their schtick very well. I spend years dedicating my life to the religion and showing very little questioning toward its principles. By the time I even began rethinking the religion in terms of polytheism I was living my life as an apostate 2 years after my abandoning the religion.

The shahadah itself declares there is no deity worthy of worship other than Allah. That means there is no deity that exists besides, precedes, proceeds, Allah. But whatever makes you happy. I just don't think people are concrete in their beliefs if they turn away inn such a short period of time. That is merely my opinion.

5 years is not a short period of time considering my religiosity at that frame of my life. I took my time to learn Arabic, study the religion and by the end study the philosophers of the religion. I obviously enjoyed myself and took it very seriously but ultimately I could not follow it for its errancy.

I said my shahada more than a decade ago and meant every word of it, I cried when I read the Qur'an and committed my life to being the best Muslim I could possibly be. If you cut my skin and made me bleed my wound would give a takbir before dropping a single drop of blood.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
IMG_1517555552311.jpg

A massive rib steak Argentinian style matured and enough to feed 2 so what you can't eat can go for sandwiches or a a stir fry or curry yum

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
No, spent about 5 years as a Muslim and even after that I was no polytheist.

I am already aware, I know the religion like my left testicle knows my right one.

Also you are ignoring the fact people can change. I grew up and found the religion lacking considering I was 14 when I converted and through that period had increased my knowledge in theology and philosophy. Monotheism is not responsible for me being a polytheist, blame that in philosophy and science. I just find Islam backwarded in its primary theology and believe it functions better as a polytheistic religion.

I converted to the religion so obviously I believed it wholesale. The only thing I ever questioned in Islam is how to treat homosexuals and that is literally it. I have no clue why you as a muslim think that I cannot see through your tactics.

I have talked to Muslims for over half my life and know their schtick very well. I spend years dedicating my life to the religion and showing very little questioning toward its principles. By the time I even began rethinking the religion in terms of polytheism I was living my life as an apostate 2 years after my abandoning the religion.

5 years is not a short period of time considering my religiosity at that frame of my life. I took my time to learn Arabic, study the religion and by the end study the philosophers of the religion. I obviously enjoyed myself and took it very seriously but ultimately I could not follow it for its errancy.

I said my shahada more than a decade ago and meant every word of it, I cried when I read the Qur'an and committed my life to being the best Muslim I could possibly be. If you cut my skin and made me bleed my wound would give a takbir before dropping a single drop of blood.

You are very unusual but whatever makes you happy both food and liquor enjoy...btw I am not Muslim but Thanks!

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
English Muffin toasted in butter, egg, sliced organic pork chop smothered in ranch. Organic jalapeno, kosher salt, organic cilantro and black pepper!

What is in the glass is dried figs and dates soaking in rum.

Wuur-kKsJQs6LN8rWUc3vln04GFC9K5thZpYl2vjexbGIjlM-iJvlnSwtLymxxu87bLv00VdKDuD2LwsRNJ9m7pyxdMsNSuG47Ek16Yv3PGx9cDh1ceqshSYpK9P9l1G5hN72-DemQ=w374-h662-no