1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Featured Eating a Dog

Discussion in 'General Religious Debates' started by metis, May 24, 2022.

1. Wildswanderer

Wildswanderer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,291
    Religion:
    Christian
    I didn't find it stressful. And knowing your food before you eat it is just being more aware of reality.

2. stvdv

stvdv Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +9,322
    Religion:
    Sanathana Dharma [The Eternal Religion]
    I have no misunderstanding
    I call it "different understanding)

Anyway
    I rather phrase it correctly
    NOT: Humans are (=) Animals

See quote below to explain
    (No need to debate nor to belittle)

3. KWED

KWED Scratching head, scratching knee

Ratings:
    +3,878
    Religion:
    None
    Bear meat is extremely high in iron, so hemochromatosis sufferers would avoid it in favour of meat with a low iron content, like chicken or pork.

4. KWED

Ratings:
    +3,878
    Religion:
    None
    No. I am not imposing my own values of right or wrong. I am simply pointing out that in nature/evolution, there is no right or wrong.

By using the word "cheating" you are imposing your own position. Some people see having sex with others as natural, normal, even necessary (for themselves).
    As I keep saying, morality is subjective and individual. I fully accept that you see extra-marital sex as "immoral". Many people do. It has been ingrained in society for centuries by organised religion. However, not everyone still maintains the full set of Abrahamic morals (although "Abrahamic morals" is a bit of an oxymoron).

5. stvdv

stvdv Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +9,322
    Religion:
    IF these child shooters were taught at early life they were not just animals, but are Divine incarnations, chances are they would not do such horrendous crimes later

Note: Divine incarnations, or Loving Beings, or Humanists (being humane) etc. Not just animals driven by instincts, but driven by Love and intellect

#185 stvdv, May 26, 2022
    Last edited: May 26, 2022
  6. stvdv

stvdv Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +9,322
    Religion:
    I am amazed you feel the need to call my opinion "nonsense". I never do that. Quite disrespectful, to phrase this as a claim. And proves your answer is not smart

7. stvdv

stvdv Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +9,322
    Religion:
    I agree

8. KWED

Ratings:
    +3,878
    Religion:
    None
    Nope. You were categorically wrong to claim that if all humans are animals, then all animals are human. That is all.

That article headline is technically wrong. It should say "What Makes Us Human And Separates Us from Other Animals?"
    Of course, most educated people understand what it means, but in the context of this discussion, it is wrong.

Again, technically wrong. It should say "self-awareness is the most fundamental difference between us and other animals"

With all due respect, there is a need to correct. If you find having your mistakes corrected "belittling", you will find it difficult to learn stuff.
    Also this is a debate forum, so yes, there absolutely is a need to debate!

• Like Like x 1
  9. KWED

Ratings:
    +3,878
    Religion:
    None
    Why do you find it "amazing"? You said something that was demonstrably nonsense. I pointed that out. "Respect" doesn't come into it (BTW, respect is earned, not demanded).

• Like Like x 1
  10. KWED

Ratings:
    +3,878
    Religion:
    None
    Are you high? American children are generally taught that they were created by god. It is entirely likely that this latest shooter was raised a churchgoing Christian. Many of the previous perps were.

French children are not taught anything about god in school. How many mass shootings in schools have there been in France? None, that's how many. In fact, most of the deaths in mass shootings there have been caused by people who absolutely believed humans were created separately to other animals by a god.

11. mikkel_the_dane

mikkel_the_dane Shadow Wolf's Aspie sibling

Ratings:
    +3,653
    Religion:
    The Wrong One
    Well, are they taught any form of morality and ethics?

• Useful Useful x 1
  12. Koldo

Koldo Incredible Member

Ratings:
    +2,270
    Saying that something is a moral issue =/= imposing your values of right and wrong

But I don't see extra-marital sex as immoral per se.
    How am I imposing my position by using the word 'cheating'?

• Like Like x 1
  13. KenS

KenS Face to face with my Father
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6,351
    Religion:
    Judeo/Christian
    Quite possible. When you are hungry, ever lizards have been eaten.

14. KWED

Ratings:
    +3,878
    Religion:
    None
    If you say something is immoral", you are necessarily imposing your values of right and wrong - especially if you go on to claim that everyone else holds the same position.

You claimed that extra marital affairs are "immoral".

"Cheating" is a pejorative. By using it you are expressing disapproval.

15. pearl

pearl Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,327
    Religion:
    Catholic
    I strongly disagree.
    Getting enough iron is crucial to your overall health, since it's involved in oxygen transport, energy production and more. And if you're looking for dietary sources of iron, meat is a good start. Not only are many meats great sources of this mineral, but they tend to contain a form of iron easily absorbed by your body.
    Meat That Contains High Iron (sfgate.com)

Hemochromatosis, or iron overload, is a condition in which your body stores too much iron. It’s often genetic. It can cause serious damage to your body, including to your heart, liver and pancreas. You can’t prevent the disease, but early diagnosis and treatment can avoid, slow or reverse organ damage.
    Hemochromatosis (Iron Overload): Causes, Symptoms, Treatment, Diet & More (clevelandclinic.org)

16. Koldo

Koldo Incredible Member

Ratings:
    +2,270
    Nope, that's not how it works.
    To impose something upon someone is to force this other person to accept it. Am I pointing a gun to you? Am I blackmailing you? Am I threatening you? If not, how am I forcing anything upon you?

You have made check back on what I have posted and... Nope. I didn't say that extra martial affairs are immoral. What I have said is that cheating is immoral.

Does 'having a romantic or sexual affair without your spouse/girlfriend/boyfriend's consent' sound any better?

17. Sheldon

Sheldon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +5,217
    Religion:
    None
    Paradoxically I'm craving some BBQ, I guess we're all different. :D

• Like Like x 1
  18. Snow White

Snow White Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +12,515
    Religion:
    Spiritual
    BBQ vegans? Never had it.

19. Sheldon

Ratings:
    +5,217
    Religion:
    None
    Very true, and can read a dictionary or Google a word definition obviously.

Animal
    noun
    1. a living organism that feeds on organic matter, typically having specialized sense organs and nervous system and able to respond rapidly to stimuli.

20. Sheldon

Ratings:
    +5,217
    Religion:
    None
    Nor me, I had lamb chops and burgers in mind tbh. Weather's crap here though, so BBQ is out, I will be having leftover Indian food from last night. tandoori chicken biryani, keema naan bread and some chips (that's fries for anyone not from the UK).

• Like Like x 1