• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Eastern Thinking VS. Western Thinking.

Ardhanariswar

I'm back!
being brought up by my eastern parents in the western world, i wondered if i had ever got the best of both, or the worst. my gramps was born in the village, possibly during a drought. wanting to escape he studied hard and went to school. then all aboard on the Queen Elizabeth and he traveled to IOWA state university. odd, he experienced racial discrimination in the U.S. he finished and went back to india and became a top Chief engineer. very famous and successful. currently lives in Chennai, health on the decline.

my dad did the same, except electrics became the fad. he studied at IIT (india institute of tech) and went to Rutgers State University in NJ.
then he came back, wed my mother, and they both went back on campus in US and had my brother there. i was born off the campus when my parents were living in a town house.

so there, now i am expected to the same greatness that my dad and my grampy did. well... im not sure if i can live up to that. but i did get the best education. sorta. but im not that brilliant, or motiviated to make my situation better.

ill continue later.