• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Eastern Perspective and Science: Regarding Omniscience

ecco

Veteran Member
For the audience:
- Please do not take my explanation here in isolation. If it were all I had then I would also hold on conclusions. Instead, also consider the self-transcending experience. My explanations (also supported by others here) and the experience, when taken together, is more than enough proof.
Proof of what exactly?

ecco

Veteran Member
It is a fact that your scientists want to bring on this condition in a voluntary way as opposed to it arising after brain injury or through some genetic factor. These same scientists have found that "meditation" can be used for that task.
Which scientists? Which studies? What research?

One of the problems with Eastern Philosophy (AKA woo) is that it is so vague as to be worthless. One of the benefits that defenders of Eastern Philosophy (woo) have is that they can provide vague (AKA meaningless) "evidence".

Swami

Then it becomes clear that you are here to make unsupported assertions and expect us to blindly accept them.

Convince me of what? That sitting in a lotus position for ten hours would bring enlightenment leading to omniscience. All you need do is present several people who have discovered omniscience. Then you need to explain why they have not shown the cures for cancer and the elimination of mosquito borne epidemics. Either these people are very selfish or they don't exist regardless of the "experience".

Because Western scientists really don't care about woo.

ETA: Also, Western Scientists, like most rational people, don't confuse savants with omniscience. Perhaps a good Western dictionary would help. Google would work as a starting point.
My religion is to discover ultimate reality. I rely on an approach that removes the filters of the body, mind, and senses so that I can perceive reality without distortions.

You also keep asking for evidence, and when it is offered, you complain it is not enough. The problem I find with many skeptics is that they don't like evidence when it challenges their worldview (materialism). They only accept it when it is consistent with materialism.

ecco

Veteran Member
My religion is to discover ultimate reality. I rely on an approach that removes the filters of the body, mind, and senses so that I can perceive reality without distortions.

That's wonderful. Is part of your approach to post on forums?

You also keep asking for evidence, and when it is offered, you complain it is not enough.

You have presented no evidence. None. Your assertion was that if I took the time to "experience" it, I would be convinced.

The problem I find with many skeptics is that they don't like evidence when it challenges their worldview (materialism). They only accept it when it is consistent with materialism.

Perhaps you can provide some evidence for something that challenges my worldview (materialism) and then we can see.

Oh, I'm sorry. Am I asking for evidence again?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
As an Advaita Vedanta disciple, I believe at the deepest level there is only One consciousness and it is omniscient.

Also I agree that the savant phenomena challenges western science's understanding of learning. One more clue to me that Eastern thinking is on to something fundamentally important that western science misses.

Western science has it the reverse of Eastern thought. In western thought things proceed from the bottom up. Sub-atomic particles compose atoms which compose molecules which compose cells which compose life and consciousness. Upward Causation.,

In Eastern thought Consciousness/God/Brahman creates a thought that then vibrates downward to the lowest level through sympathetic vibrations. Downward Causation.
I visualize that there cannot be West without East, and there cannot be an East without West as there cannot be North (Pole) without South (Pole). If one destroys one Pole the other will also get destroyed. In this Globe we need all four directions. Diversity is whole life. Right, please?
I appreciate.

Regards

Last edited: