• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Easter

pearl

Celebrating Easter without a gathering community

I’m remembering things we did at home when the kids were young.

In my yard the lilac is the first to show the green leaf buds. I cut a branch

plant in a well moistened soil, make an Easter tree, usually by Easter the leaf

buds have opened. We used to make an Easter candle. The tradition was to

relight our candles used during the Vigil from the Pascal candle and bring them

home lighted and light our Easter candle.

What ideas do other have for Easter in these times?

Samantha Rinne

Resident Genderfluid Writer/Artist
You've seen those movies where it's like "Unless Rudolph/Olive/New Santa/random stranger helps fix things Christmas will be cancelled"? It feels a great deal like this. People are worried about whether this lockdown will ever go away (and no, this business about how "it keeps happening because ppl keep going outside" is a load of nonsense, just about everyone has obeyed this yet it's still spread, and we can't wait indefinitely for all cases to go away). People are worried about running out of food or toilet paper. People are worried about getting sick. It has a definite feel of not having Easter this year, and worse, I feel like this song is happening.

To answer your immediate question, we almost gave up on Easter. No kids over to visit, not much mood for chocolate or treats, and I don't feel like our governor will support any religious gathering under the pretext that meetings are unsafe.

So it's just us at home, and it felt like a very dreary affair. I suggested an actual Passover celebration since it happens to fall around the same week as Maundy Thursday. This makes things suck less, but the fact you can't go out much of anywhere is pretty horrible.

pearl

So it's just us at home, and it felt like a very dreary affair. I suggested an actual Passover celebration since it happens to fall around the same week as Maundy Thursday. This makes things suck less, but the fact you can't go out much of anywhere is pretty horrible.

I do believe that the physical distancing is working, it seems only common sense. As for Easter we are thinking of a 'virtual' family dinner there will be about 20 of us. I understand your thought about Passover as Jewish holydays are so beautifully observed in the home.