• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Easter sporting events

tcprowling

Here's another
Do you think it appropriate to hold Sporting events On Good Friday?
Which ever way you celebrate it Have a happy easter

tcprowling

Here's another
Do you think it appropriate to hold Sporting events On Good Friday?
Which ever way you celebrate it Have a happy easter

In my younger days, on Good friday there was nothing open, no newspapers, no shops.
You went to church in the morning and again at three o' clock that afternoon. Us Kids were required to stay at home and play in our own back yard I.e no visiting our friends.
Nowdays while most of the retail; sector is closed there are convienent shops open where you can get almost anything you need, Hotels are open after 3.00pm and Sporting fixtures are played either late afternoon or evening. To Me it just take some of the reverence out of good Friday

Draka

Wonder Woman
I see absolutely no difference between this day and any other. If it is a religious day to you, then adhere to whatever practices you have within your home. It is not upon society to bend to the traditions of certain religions. Now if only they'd get that straight for other holidays where it seems everything shuts down. Especially in smaller towns.