• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Easter rush of getting new converts

Riders

OK, then (and trust me on this...I empathize hugely...two fake knees, side effects from chemo, bad hips... there is NO way you can get me to sit on the floor. Oh, sitting on the floor is fine once I get there, but it would take a Sikorsky helicopter and two SAR teams to get me back up!) If you can't go, then..sit quietly on your bed and meditate. I do. Well, for me, I do 'zen knitting." That's when I just pick up yarn and needles and knit. I have NO clue what I'm knitting. No pattern, no idea of how it will 'turn out,' and about nine times out of ten the thing gets unraveled. it's all about the peace and repetition. You guys say koans. I knit. Same process, I think. Maybe. It works; It gets me to another place. I think.

Isn't meditation about the mind and spirit, not the contortions one sends one's body into?

Well, bless you and good luck, anyway. I don't know EXACTLY what you have to deal with (Ok, I'm obese too...) but some of the things? yeah, and they suck.

Well thank you be blessed.