• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Earthquake in Indonesia

exchemist

Veteran Member
An earthquake has struck Indonesia, killing over 150 people so far and decimating the area.

May Indonesia receive whatever international support they need to address this tragedy. :blueheart:

Indonesia: Java quake kills 162 and injures hundreds
What depresses me is all the pictures of concrete housing. Indonesia is on a series of island arcs like Japan, so earthquakes are a part of life. In Japan the traditional material for housing is wood. Much lighter and more flexible, so suffering and causing less damage in the event of an earthquake. Concrete must be about the worst thing to use.

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
An earthquake has struck Indonesia, killing over 150 people so far and decimating the area.

May Indonesia receive whatever international support they need to address this tragedy. :blueheart:

Indonesia: Java quake kills 162 and injures hundreds
That's a drop in the bucket compared to the one in 2004:

Indonesian rescue workers race to find survivors after Java quake

In December 2004, a 9.1 magnitude earthquake off Sumatra island in western Indonesia triggered a giant tsunami that swept ashore in 14 countries around the Indian Ocean, killing 226,000 people, more than half of them in Indonesia.

I remember the horror of that.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
In life I learnt about my brother the scientist.

He said I'm tectonic carpenter. I build earthquakes and lied.

As earth is naturally reactive owned earthquakes that pushed up the law mountain released volcanic gas heavens. He theoried about history planet earth.

Playing around with upper atmospheric cloud pressures everyday. Men of science notate earthquake activation. Think. Oh if I knew exact advice I could use it as a new weapon threat.

Is how they think in science. Not kind men at all are they. And no you human men didn't own building it. Yet you owned science buildings that you knew once had caused a huge four day earthquake.

Its why they ask.