• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ear Gauging

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Does or has anyone gauged their ears here?

To what gauge? I currently went from 2g to 0g, and my left ear seems to be giving me some trouble.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I had considered it, went to 14g taper pinchers, but then decided against it. I haven't worn earrings in so long, I can't even get an earring through my holes anymore.

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
I dont gauge but my ears are pierced. Didn't have a choice in the manner my mom did so when I was a baby

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
I had considered it, went to 14g taper pinchers, but then decided against it. I haven't worn earrings in so long, I can't even get an earring through my holes anymore.

Yeah, I don't plan on going much larger then I am at. Maybe a 00g, but I like the 0G look.

14g is where I started I think. Or maybe 18g.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
I have never even pierced my ears. What happens if you want to undo it later?

Most piercings will heal if the jewelry is removed. I've got a fully healed eyebrow and tongue piercing.

Gauges can heal, but once you go past 2g, you need surgery to close the hole completely. Past 2g is the "point of no return".

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Can I ask for advice regarding earrings even if it's not related to gauges. These are my earrings:
Pasteboard - Uploaded Image
Pasteboard - Uploaded Image

The bar keeps slipping off. I think it's cuz i wear glasses so it sits up higher and can fall off easier but i can't handle contacts. Any advice?
Nice. Switch them over to clamp ons maybe?

Seriously, many many years ago for Christmas I bought my mother some malachite earrings with a malachite necklace. Nice, not overstated or too large. They became one of her favorites, I rarely have good tasted in such matters. At any rate she used to have clamp ons so I had them change to that. But I was in college at the time and did not notice when she finally switched to pierced ears. She had to have them switched back.

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
Nice. Switch them over to clamp ons maybe?

Seriously, many many years ago for Christmas I bought my mother some malachite earrings with a malachite necklace. Nice, not overstated or too large. They became one of her favorites, I rarely have good tasted in such matters. At any rate she used to have clamp ons so I had them change to that. But I was in college at the time and did not notice when she finally switched to pierced ears. She had to have them switched back.
You can change earrings made for pierced ears to clamp ons?:confused:

I did not know that

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
You can change earrings made for pierced ears to clamp ons?:confused:

I did not know that
Jewelry stores still should be able to do that. I do not know if there is any market for it any longer, but they use to have the hardware. All that is needed is a rather simple weld. If you want it done talk to a jeweler. Though, since it is hand labor, it can often cost more than the jewelry is worth.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Figured out what the issue was with my gauges. Turned out one of them got infected while I was stretching. Ugh.

I'm good and healed though.