• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ear candles

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Has anyone here any experience of these?
It doesn't sound like a particularly brilliant idea. Stick to the tried and true little Q-Tip. :)

qtips.jpg

Use them carefully and don't just jam them in your ear. Softly, slowly...

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I want to try them on someone whose ears are actually plugged with wax. A Q-Tip will not work for that.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Understood. Good hygiene is difficult for some.
True, but when I got my ears tested and I saw the little bits of wax and she noticed that I felt bad about it, she said that some wax is good and mentioned that it kept the bugs out, though I don't know if she was kidding.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Has anyone here any experience of these?

Yup. Good experience, on more than one occasion. However, I know very little about them. Only that they worked for me.

Not recommending this, though. I'm neither doctor, nor well informed on this issue.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
It doesn't sound like a particularly brilliant idea. Stick to the tried and true little Q-Tip. :)

qtips.jpg

Use them carefully and don't just jam them in your ear. Softly, slowly...

Hmm...not sure that approach doesn't have it's own issues.

My old man swears by his car key. Which is completely feral, and certainly not recommended.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Hmm...not sure that approach doesn't have it's own issues.

My old man swears by his car key. Which is completely feral, and certainly not recommended.
I was jokingly going to suggest people use a jeweler's tiny flat headed screwdriver or a curled carpet knife but my legal department rushed in and deleted the line before I could hit "Post Reply". Damned lawyers. (And now I get a bill for $500.00, to boot!)
"Jeeez. They just burst in again...."

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I was jokingly going to suggest people use a jeweler's tiny flat headed screwdriver or a curled carpet knife but my legal department rushed in and deleted the line before I could hit "Post Reply". Damned lawyers. (And now I get a bill for $500.00, to boot!)
"Jeeez. They just burst in again...."
I used to swear by pen caps from Bic Pen. . . Hey!! Do you work for Bic? They're here now.