• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

each year many unborn babies are deliberately aborted.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
a personal choice or a question of morality?
Why abortion does not kill a person
Abortion
Abortion

Given the non-person status of the early term fetus, why autonomy rights trump potentiality arguments against abortion
Abortion

If a person says a fetus in early weeks is a person, she must do so based in her own worldview that is not shared by other equally reasonable persons (see first two links) and hence it cannot be used as a justification to overturn autonomy rights.

women who have an abortion do so for many relationship problems,not wanting to be a single mother,others view abortion as a violation.
in God's eyes human life is sacred

Skwim

Veteran Member
each year many unborn babies are deliberately aborted.
And 10 to 20 percent of known pregnancies end in miscarriage.

"Miscarriage is the loss of a pregnancy in the first 20 weeks. (In medical articles, you may see the term "spontaneous abortion" used in place of miscarriage.) About 10 to 20 percent of known pregnancies end in miscarriage, and more than 80 percent of these losses happen before 12 weeks.
source

And FWIW:

Studies have found that 30 to 50 percent of fertilized eggs are lost before or during the process of implantation – often so early that a woman goes on to get her period at about the expected time.
source: ibid​

Last edited:
And 10 to 20 percent of known pregnancies end in miscarriage.

"Miscarriage is the loss of a pregnancy in the first 20 weeks. (In medical articles, you may see the term "spontaneous abortion" used in place of miscarriage.) About 10 to 20 percent of known pregnancies end in miscarriage, and more than 80 percent of these losses happen before 12 weeks.
source

I mean deliberately chosen abortion

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
women who have an abortion do so for many relationship problems,not wanting to be a single mother,others view abortion as a violation.
in God's eyes human life is sacred
Not a good argument for those who do not believe in your God (or any God).
So probably, if you are going this route, you should first convert everybody and then make this argument?

Skwim

Veteran Member
I mean deliberately chosen abortion
Yes I know, which make up 19% of all pregnancies.

"Nineteen percent of pregnancies (excluding miscarriages) in 2014 ended in abortion."
source

My point being that the number of "deliberately chosen abortions" is pretty much the same as spontaneous abortions.

Not a good argument for those who do not believe in your God (or any God).
So probably, if you are going this route, you should first convert everybody and then make this argument?
I have been mother for many years and I am strongly convinced that abortion is the worst decision ever made

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
I have been mother for many years and I am strongly convinced that abortion is the worst decision ever made

For some people, giving birth was the worst decision ever made - for both them and their child. You should try to imagine that other people have different situations and experiences than you. I know this can be difficult for some people.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
You are welcome to view it as such and do not yourself practice or recommend abortion. To convince others, specifically for making abortions legal, you need a few arguments.
Plenty of long time mothers are equally convinced of the rightness of mothers to have access to abortion services. I know several.