• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

each holiday that's a remembrance of the dead from wars, do you blame man or god?

t3gah

i blame the god of the heavens since he "blessed" mankind by deliberately putting the tree of bad in the garden of eden when it served no future enhancement to human productivity for their future.

Quoth The Raven

Half Arsed Muse
I don't 'blame' anyone...they're a day to remember the people that gave their lives to maintain (rightly or wrongly, that's not the topic) our way of life. Days like ANZAC Day and Memorial Day aren't about appointing a designated scapegoat.
At least, that's not how I look at it.

Pah

Uber all member
Blame can only be upon humanity from an atheistic and deistic viewpoint. There can be as much blame for war and death from war on both the winning or losing side.

robtex

Veteran Member
I would echo Pah's sentiment but color it with the notion that man's faith is and has been a substitute for reason and rationale in lew of deductive reasoning when weighing the decision to killothers in mass quanity of another nation. I would say that many of the wars have political and economic aspirations by leaders and decision makers but those who are actually doing the killing or in a support position turn to fatih to influence their decision.

If one was even moderatly religious I would see it as impossible not to factor in their faith to stressful decision of war. The emotional magnitude of such situations precluded the need for divine guidance irregardless if such a being does or does not exist for those of theistic inclinations.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
t3gah said:
i blame the god of the heavens since he "blessed" mankind by deliberately putting the tree of bad in the garden of eden when it served no future enhancement to human productivity for their future.
You might well blame God, you can blame anyone you like.

The trouble is your blame, to me, would be misdirected. The tree of 'Bad' didn't have a notice on it saying 'Touch me if you dare' - God has given us (in a very long winded way) the ability to use our intellect to invent many things - you can hardly blame God if someone picks up a kitchen knife to kill someone else.;)

capthowdy

Astarot
michel said:
You might well blame God, you can blame anyone you like.

The trouble is your blame, to me, would be misdirected. The tree of 'Bad' didn't have a notice on it saying 'Touch me if you dare' - God has given us (in a very long winded way) the ability to use our intellect to invent many things - you can hardly blame God if someone picks up a kitchen knife to kill someone else.;)

I agree with that......I think that when people blame god for whatever, then they are merely looking to place the blame on a scapegoat so they can better make sense of the situation. In order to put the blame where it belongs you'd have take responsibility for your actions and emotions........something alot of people refuse to do.

Fluffy

A fool
The tree of 'Bad' didn't have a notice on it saying 'Touch me if you dare'
This is true but it did have a very convincing snake and 2 completely trusting, innocent and naive people with NO FREE WILL. Now I don't think it is God's fault either, I merely think blame is an illusion beyond indentifying the direct or indirect causes for an action.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I blame man for war, since the feelings of greed, power, and control are man's. Allthough thier are some gods that aid or plague a faction involved in war from time to time, I still blame man on causing war.