• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

E = mc^2 is liberal claptrap!

sealchan

Here is what is says about the Second Law of Thermodynamics...

The Second Law of Thermodynamics is the result of the intrinsic uncertainty in nature, manifest in quantum mechanics, which is overcome only by intelligent intervention. As explained in the Letter to the Hebrews 1:10-11, the universe shall "wear out" like a "garment", i.e., entropy is always increasing.

Quite clever actually...at least someone is reading their physics enough to apply a metaphor...

sealchan

Here is what is says about the Second Law of Thermodynamics...

Quite clever actually...at least someone is reading their physics enough to apply a metaphor...

I want to edit the article to say...conservative scientists are even now performing experiments that show that the correct translation of the Bible into English actually halts the progress of the deterioration of the paper when printed. This and other experiments show that God's will intervenes in the evil caused by Adam's quantum mistake in inspiring God to create Eve instead of his choosing the animal God really wanted him to choose which was a parrot.

And now...the news for parrots...

suncowiam

This one certainly doesn't. Then again, it would never occur to me to go to Conservapedia.com to look up, well, anything. Hopefully it's a joke.

At least it created the phrase "liberal claptrap" for other conservatives to use.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
At least according to this very reliable source:rolleyes:

http://www.conservapedia.com/E=mc²

"E=mc² asserts that the energy (E) in an unmoving particle is equal to the square of the speed of light () times the mass (m) of that particle.[1] The complete form, when applied to moving objects, is E²=(mc²)²+(pc)², where p represents momentum,[2] It is a statement that purports to relate all matter to energy. In fact, no theory has successfully unified the laws governing mass (i.e., gravity) with the laws governing light (i.e., electromagnetism), and numerous attempts to derive E=mc² from first principles have failed.[3] Political pressure, however, has since made it impossible for anyone pursuing an academic career in science to even question the validity of this nonsensical equation. Simply put, E=mc² is liberal claptrap."

I'll never trust conservapedia as a valid source again ;-) .Oh wait, i never did anyway

Had to check if this was in the jokes section then shook my head in amazement.
Perhaps they deny Heroshima and nuclear power stations too.

David T

Premium Member

"E=mc² asserts that the energy (E) in an unmoving particle is equal to the square of the speed of light () times the mass (m) of that particle.[1] The complete form, when applied to moving objects, is E²=(mc²)²+(pc)², where p represents momentum,[2] It is a statement that purports to relate all matter to energy. In fact, no theory has successfully unified the laws governing mass (i.e., gravity) with the laws governing light (i.e., electromagnetism), and numerous attempts to derive E=mc² from first principles have failed.[3] Political pressure, however, has since made it impossible for anyone pursuing an academic career in science to even question the validity of this nonsensical equation. Simply put, E=mc² is liberal claptrap."
Some whacko liberal was having fun..!!!

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member

It's even more interesting that the article actually gives examples where E=mc^2 is used in atomic physics and works.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
It's even more interesting that the article actually gives examples where E=mc^2 is used in atomic physics and works.

That makes me a bit suspicious that this may have been a poe edit of Conservapedia. The problem is that for years they had an article that claimed that koalas etc. might have been exploded back to Australia by a volcano after the Flood. A true case of Poe's Law where the posting of a creationist is indistinguishable from someone pretending to be a loon.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
That makes me a bit suspicious that this may have been a poe edit of Conservapedia. The problem is that for years they had an article that claimed that koalas etc. might have been exploded back to Australia by a volcano after the Flood. A true case of Poe's Law where the posting of a creationist is indistinguishable from someone pretending to be a loon.
Loons, on the other hand, survived the Flood because they are birds that can swim on water.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I don't believe that even conservatives take conservapedia seriously. It seems to pander to a very specific subset of conservatives.

Altfish

Veteran Member
I'd guess no scientist ever reads or edits conservapedia? I've seen some quite insane definitions from there before.
Didn't Conservapedia stop editing by non approved editors? In the name of 'freedom' you are not free to edit/correct this crap.

Jumi

Didn't Conservapedia stop editing by non approved editors? In the name of 'freedom' you are not free to edit/correct this crap.
I've only heard of the site because of links provided on RF and maybe some other sites like youtube comments. I don't know how they work, but I can be sure at least the local conservatives here in North Europe would be embarrassed by such a site being linked to them.