• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dutch MP refused entry to Britain

misanthropic_clown

It's just one more to the list of many reasons I hate Jacqui Smith. Indoctrinating young people that compulsory ID cards are just fab, calling for inquiries into drug classifications and then ignoring the findings completely, her resistance to European ruling concerning how her plans for a DNA database are an affront to a free society, her expenses claims, and now this. (Or rather, I think her expenses leaked after this story)

And I really mean that. It makes my housemates laugh when I rant about it, but seriously, I couldn't agree with Alceste more. The home secretary has far too much power with essentially no accountability.

/rant

Last edited:

DarkVamp

Ell Oh Ell
There is alot of reasons to dislike the HS. But this choice is the only thing i can find i agree with her on.

I went to my little sister's secondary school and in their school library, they have to give up fingerprints to be able to take out books. I could not believe it

misanthropic_clown

There is alot of reasons to dislike the HS. But this choice is the only thing i can find i agree with her on.

I went to my little sister's secondary school and in their school library, they have to give up fingerprints to be able to take out books. I could not believe it

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. I'm adamantly against censorship of any description, provided that any material that could be offensive is given in such a way that the person receiving it is aware that it is potentially offensive. Then it is the receivers fault.

We had that system in my school as well, though it was implemented just as I was leaving, so I refused to do it. It's actually a degenerative code, ie the fingerprint itself is not stored at all. Or so they say. In any respect, it's wholly unnecessary.

Sahar