• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dumbing our children down to further a political agenda.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
No, that was always the case. And it was always improper for teachers to lead prayer, they simply had a weak excuse, that they did not know better. Now they know. No organized prayer.

Yes... I agree that climate changes.

View attachment 20376
Cherry picked graph. Climate change is over a range of decades, not years. Like it or not it is clearly getting warmer, and the results are in. Humans are the major cause of global climate change.[/QUOTE]
Cherry picked? All I did was just google it. I agree that there is a climate change. Is it because it didn't support your position?

Here is a 30 year... still seems to be going down again.

Screen Shot 2018-02-13 at 5.47.37 PM.png

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
If memory serves me correctly, even prayer was outlawed whether it was The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, Allah or Brahman...

They were all kicked out. :D
Ya because none of them can be established as being factual.

No mention of "reforestation" to prevent erosion, the "new" habitats due to dams and the benefit of water control, prevention of flooding, fishing, etc. Or how about "pro's and con's of wind turbined instead of only "negative".
I have to admit I didn't watch the video, so I'll shut up-- for once..

Sounds like a one sided report and it makes me wonder what they ommitted that didn't support their position.
See above.

HOWEVER, my dear friend, I am all for pro/con discussion at the appropriate grade levels. I am all for recycling, planting trees when we harvest trees (we need to tell the fires of California to do the same), clean coal, and dams along with cars and airplanes. :D
"Clean coal"??? Is that like "tasty manure"?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Maybe, since it isn't your faith, you don't know the historicity of it all. This "mistake" (purposefully shaming a student) is the leftover of a very overtly anti-religion effort until the Constitution kicked in.
Please, since I am not the one having trouble understanding what was made illegal I am not the one that has trouble with the history behind this.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Cherry picked? All I did was just google it. I agree that there is a climate change. Is it because it didn't support your position?

View attachment 20377
Still cherry picking. That graph shows an overall upwards trend. You are concentrating on a spike in the graph. Do you know how to use a graph?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Here is a better graph, it is much harder to cherry pick:

dn11639-2_808.jpg

And it is out of date. You can see the 1998 spike in there but that has been beaten at least three times in the last few years.

Kenny

Premium Member
Still cherry picking. That graph shows an overall upwards trend. You are concentrating on a spike in the graph. Do you know how to use a graph?
LOL... I know it is shaking your foundation... If you want a REAL graph... notice the LAST point.

Screen Shot 2018-02-13 at 5.55.42 PM.png

metis

Check out the graph here that's found at the top of the page: Global warming - Wikipedia

Also, the last 19 out of 20 years have been the hottest on record (IOW, recorded history, as international records have only been kept for less than 300 years), and two days ago it was announced that the sea levels are rising faster than anticipated.

Last edited:

Kenny

Premium Member
Another failure, that is not a global graph. In fact that looks like it was made by a grade school student.

Can you find any charts from groups that do not lie that support your claims?
Did you pass reading comprehension? :D

Kenny

Premium Member
That is fine, but it is a bit too large on the time scale. We are concerned with what humans have done. It also has a variable time scale.

Your desperate attempts and failures only confirm the fact of AGW.
LOL... OK... I got it... It can't be the last 10 years because it doesn't support your position. It can't be the last 2000+ years because it doesn't look right to you and shows that climate change came be cause of eruptions and it can't be since the beginning of time because it doesn't fit your position.

BUT... if we can just select that portion that suits your view... THAT is OK.

Got it.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
951px-Global_Temperature_Anomaly.svg.png

This is the graph from the Wiki article that was already linked. Please note that the spike from 1998 is no longer a "spike". It is merely a past high that has been repeatedly eclipsed.

metis

My daughter calls our coffee "sludge" and commanded me to go organic!
You must have gotten your recipe for making coffee from my father who made the world's worst coffee. Even the coffee pot barfed.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
LOL... OK... I got it... It can't be the last 10 years because it doesn't support your position. It can't be the last 2000+ years because it doesn't look right to you and shows that climate change came be cause of eruptions and it can't be since the beginning of time because it doesn't fit your position.

BUT... if we can just select that portion that suits your view... THAT is OK.

Got it.

The last ten years clearly shows warming. Your graphs ignored the last ten years, that is one of the reasons that your cherry picking was so obvious. Anything over the last two thousand years gets to be too long since we are concerned with man's contribution to climate change and that has become significant only over the last couple of hundred years. It is extremely dishonest to over extend the period in an attempt to bury what man has done and it is extremely dishonest to cherry pick recent dates. By using such poor practices that you openly admit the climate is warming.

Kenny

Premium Member
Screen Shot 2018-02-13 at 6.12.04 PM.png
The last ten years clearly shows warming. Your graphs ignored the last ten years, that is one of the reasons that your cherry picking was so obvious. Anything over the last two thousand years gets to be too long since we are concerned with man's contribution to climate change and that has become significant only over the last couple of hundred years. It is extremely dishonest to over extend the period in an attempt to bury what man has done and it is extremely dishonest to cherry pick recent dates. By using such poor practices that you openly admit the climate is warming.
So.... now you have learned that you can make graphs say anything you want it too... just like you are doing...

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
View attachment 20380
So.... now you have learned that you can make graphs say anything you want it too... just like you are doing...

Please, try to find valid sources. When you use lying sources you only look like you are lying. Valid sources are the actual peer reviewed articles that those graphs are based upon. Those figures do not match what was found in the Wiki article. Now one thing that Wiki does is to link the actual sources. They are not afraid to list where they got their info form. For example the source of the graph that I linked was:

Data.GISS: GISS Surface Temperature Analysis: Analysis Graphs and Plots

There are quite a few graphs at that site. Here is one that shows the annual average variance in temperature. Please note the color code, each year has a different color:

graph.png

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
Cold Shoulder: Idaho Legislature Committee Censors Climate Change | News | Boise | Boise Weekly

How does lowering the quality of education and encouraging scientific illiteracy make "America great again"?
And unsurprisingly, those who deny climate change typically deny evolution as well. I guess the expectation is for America to climb the index rankings via the power of prayer?

I have to beat my "it's the oligarchy" drum again. (First off, the definition of oligarchy I'm using puts control via oligarchs in DIRECT OPPOSITION to democracy.) I think the GOP is more driven by the oligarchy than the Dems, but the oligarchs have both parties under their thumbs.

The good news is that 99.999% of us have a common enemy, the oligarchs. The bad news is that not many understand this problem, and they're getting more powerful and entrenched every day.

Back to the OP, an ignorant population plays right into the hands of oligarchs.