• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dukes of Hazzard

Todd

Rajun Cajun
I know the Dukes of Hazzard hasn't been released yet, but I have heard that the new Dukes of Hazzard movie strays from the original family series and that the original TV series cast does not recommend the movie. Do you think the new movie will be over the top, or just right for the modern viewer? Also, what do you think of the cast selected?

Being a big Dukes of Hazzard fan since I was just 4 years old, and seeing the original Boss Hogg (Sorrell Brooks), I don't think Burt Reynolds can hold a candle to what Sorrell Brooks did. In my opinion, they should have picked someone like Danny Devito to play Boss Hogg. Granted, I don't have much to base this on until I see the movie Friday.

Draka

Wonder Woman
I want to see the movie for myself. I know some have said that there is too much violence or cussing or whatnot in the movie, but considering what they were all about I think that is probably pretty realistic. As for Burt Reynolds as Boss Hogge I don't know. I have always liked Reynolds though and will be interested in seeing how he plays it out.

Todd

Rajun Cajun
Draka said:
I want to see the movie for myself. I know some have said that there is too much violence or cussing or whatnot in the movie, but considering what they were all about I think that is probably pretty realistic. As for Burt Reynolds as Boss Hogge I don't know. I have always liked Reynolds though and will be interested in seeing how he plays it out.
That's true. Burt Reynolds is a good actor, just not sure as Boss Hogg. I can't wait to see the movie though. I think some of the other cast was selected pretty well. For instance, I think they couldn't have picked a better Jesse (Willie Nelson). I guess I'm basing everything on looks at this time. But we'll see how it turns out this weekend.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
I used to enjoy the dukes of hazzard (Oh yes, we had it here); I must admit that when other actors are used, I get 'put off' any series - I get used to, and like the same old cast..........

We have a comedy here called 'Last of the summer wine' - great programme - wonderful characters (three main guys); first they replaced one guy - that wasn't that terrible, but when they changed the second, and then the third, somehow, I just lost all interest.:(

Todd

Rajun Cajun
YeeeHaw!!!!!

Just saw the dukes of hazzard this morning. Pretty good movie even though it got bad ratings. Then again, I love Mopar and other classics, so seeing the 69 Charger and other classic cars in action was awesome and could have swayed my judgement. The only part I hated were the credits at the end where they showed all the jumps that went bad. It was just terrible to see some of those chargers get totally destroyed :( . To me, the credits were like a horror film :eek:.

Just give me one of those cars, and I'll take care of it. I won't even jump it. I promise. OK, maybe one jump:D .