• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dudeism Revisited

Student of X

Paradigm Shifter
Have you considered getting a lightsaber and merging with Jediism? Since both are movie-based it might go well. Plus, you already have clothes like a Jedi.

Straw Dog

Have you considered getting a lightsaber and merging with Jediism? Since both are movie-based it might go well. Plus, you already have clothes like a Jedi.

Good point. The only conflict would be that the movies are in different genres. The Dude would be pretty ******* dead in a light-saber battle and I'm not sure if the Force could help him and Walter be victorious in the finals. I don't know, it's a complicated case with a lot of strands to keep in the young duder's head. I guess we'll see what happens further on down the trail.

Straw Dog

I appreciate what Dudeism is attempting to do, but it does still fall short in conveying both Daoist and Epicurean teachings. This mostly has to do with fixating on lower pleasures and lack of moderation. I do really like this idea of merging the two schools of thought, however. I'll play around with it.

Straw Dog

Yeah, it works better as a laid back and playful perspective or even philosophy to draw inspiration from. Turning it into a serious ordeal kind of kills it, though. I mean, what's more uptight and less spontaneous than organized religion?

The Dude doesn't practice Dudeism. He simply abides.

no-body

Either way, he's just some ordinary guy, like us.

...sometimes there's a man... I won't say a hero, 'cause, what's a hero? But sometimes, there's a man. And I'm talkin' about the Dude here. Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's the Dude, in Los Angeles. And even if he's a lazy man - and the Dude was most certainly that. Quite possibly the laziest in Los Angeles County, which would place him high in the runnin' for laziest worldwide. But sometimes there's a man, sometimes, there's a man.

DreadFish

Cosmic Vagabond
...sometimes there's a man... I won't say a hero, 'cause, what's a hero? But sometimes, there's a man. And I'm talkin' about the Dude here. Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's the Dude, in Los Angeles. And even if he's a lazy man - and the Dude was most certainly that. Quite possibly the laziest in Los Angeles County, which would place him high in the runnin' for laziest worldwide. But sometimes there's a man, sometimes, there's a man.

"Los Ang-less" :D

EDIT: His pronunciation is actually correct because the point is that the Dude, having transcended and what not, lives in a world without angles, which means that his world is free from conceptual constructs and... uhh... all that worldly stuff, man....

Im probably wrong....