• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dua to be recited on the month of Ramadhan

Shia Islam

Quran and Ahlul-Bayt a.s.
Premium Member
O Allah be pleased with my fasts, in this month, as Thou gives credit to those who (sincerely) observe fasts; and (be pleased with) my special night prayers, in this month, as Thou give credit to those who pray (sincerely) in the night; direct me to be on guard and pay attention to free myself from the lethargy of forgetfulness; O the God of the worlds overlook my wrongdoings, and grant amnesty to me, O He who shows sympathy to the wrongdoers

--
Daily Recitation

Shia Islam

Premium Member
O Allah let me come nearer to Thy benevolence in this month; let me be far off from Thy displeasure and contempt; let me grow used to the recitation of Thy verses (in the Holy Quran), through Thy mercy O the Most Merciful.

TRANSLITERATION

ALLAAHUMMA QARRIBNEE FEEFI ILAA MARZ’AATIKA WA JANNIBNEE FEEHI MIN SAKHAT’IKA WA NIQIMAATIKA WA WAFFIQNEE FEEHI LI-QIRAAA-ATI AAYAATIKA BI-RAH’MATIKA YAAARH’AMAR RAAH’IMEEN

Source (Arabic version included):

Daily Recitation

Shia Islam

Premium Member
O Allah keep me alive, in this month, in a state of alertness and watchfulness; and keep me away from impudence and cynicism, let me share everything good there is in this months, which is in plenty, O the Liberal Most Beneficent.

TRANSLITERATION

ALLAAHUMMAR-ZUQNEE FEEHID’ D’IH-NA WAT TANBEEHA WA BAA-I’DNEE FEEHI MINAS SAFAAHATI WAT TAMWEEKHI WAJ-A’L LEE NAS’EEBAN MIN KULLI KHAYRIN TANZILU FEEHI BIJOODIKA YAA AJWADAL AJWADEEN

Source (Arabic version included):
Daily Recitation

Shia Islam

Premium Member
O Allah make me stronger to carry out Thy commands, in this month, let me taste the sweetness of Thy praise, put me in the mood of giving thanks to Thee, and protect me with Thy most reliable cover, O the discerning Perceiver.

Transliteration

ALLAAHUMMA QAWWINEE FEEHI A’LAA IQAAAMATI AMRIKA WA AD’IQNEE FEEHI H’ALAAWATA D’IKRIKA WA AWZIA’-NEE FEEHI LI-ADAAA-I SHUKRIKA BIKARAMIKA WAH’-FAZ’NEE FEEHI BI-H’IFZ’IKA WA SITRIKA YAA ABS’ARAN NAAZ’IREEN

Source (includes Arabic Version as well):
Daily Recitation

Shia Islam

Premium Member
O Allah let me be, in this month, from among those who turn repentant and ask forgiveness for their sins; let me be from among those who do good and obey (Thee); let me be from among those who are Thy close friends, through Thy kindness O the Most Merciful.

Transliteration

ALLAAHUMMAJ-A’LNEE FEEHI MINAL MUSTAGHFIREEN WAJ-A’LNEE FEEHI MIN I’BAADIKAS’S’AALIH’EENAL QAANITEEN WAJ-A’LNEE FEEHI MIN I’BAADIKAS’ S’AALIH’EENAL QAANITEEN WAJ-A’LNEE FEEHI MIN AWLIYAAA-IKAL MUQARRABEEN BIRAAFATIKA YAA ARH’AMAR RAAH’IMEEN

Source (it includes Arabic version as well):

Daily Recitation

Shia Islam

Premium Member
O Allah do not leave me helpless in the lurch, during this month, because of my transgressions, a forsaken soul exposed to loose; do not let the whipping crack my back, remove and chase away from me the causes and reasons that bring down Thy displeasure instead of bringing in Thy bounties and favours, O the Beloved Craving of those who ardently desire and long for.

Transliteration

ALLAAHUMMA LAA TAKHD’ULNEE FEEHI LI-TA-A’RRUZ”I MAA’ –SIYATIKA WA LAA TAZ”RIBNEE BI-SIYAAT’I NAQIMATIKA WA ZAH’ZIH’NEE FEEHI MIN MOOJIBAATI SAKHAT’IKA BI-MANNIKA WA AYADEEKA YAA MUNTAHAA RAGHBATIR RAAGHIBEEN.

Source (Includes Arabic Text as well):
Daily Recitation

.lava

Veteran Member
Ameen

i hope Ramadan is going well for you. thank you for sharing beautiful Duas with us. May Allah bless you and your family :)

iloveislam

Muslim
Ameen

i hope Ramadan is going well for you. thank you for sharing beautiful Duas with us. May Allah bless you and your family

I wanted to refrain from commenting on this thread and similar ones made by OP but now I feel as I have to, for the sake of Allah.

O Muslims don't be fooled by these innovations.

Aisha (may Allah be pleased with her) narrated that the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said:

"If somebody innovates something which is not in harmony with the principles of our religion, that thing is rejected."
[Sahih al-Bukhari - Book 49, Number 861]

For anything to be considered as prescribed worship then it be written in the Qur'an or the Sunnah, otherwise it is rejected as the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said. The OP failed to provide evidence as to where this has been taken from, apart from that ridiculous website which is full of misguidance!

Here is another Hadith regarding innovations in Islam.

Abdullah narrated that the Prophet (peace be upon him) said:

"I am your predecessor at the Lake-Fount (Kauthar) and some men amongst you will be brought to me, and when I will try to hand them some water, they will be pulled away from me by force whereupon I will say, "O Lord, my companions!" Then the Almighty will say, "You do not know what they did after you left, they introduced new things into the religion after you.""
[Sahih al-Bukhari - Book 88, Number 173]

.lava

Veteran Member
i do not understand. what's wrong with Dua itself? things that's said in that Dua would be things i would want for my own and for other Muslims. please explain.

iloveislam

Muslim
i do not understand. what's wrong with Dua itself? things that's said in that Dua would be things i would want for my own and for other Muslims. please explain.

Point # 1: I was refering specifically to regular acts of worship.

Any act of worship must be in the Qur'an or Sunnah for it to be prescribed in Islam. As you know Islam is complete (see Qur'an 5:3).

Acts of worship which have been invented are rejected as stated in aforementioned Hadiths.

So for someone to come out after the death of the Prophet (peace be upon him) and invent a new way of worshipping Allah then the action of that person is in contradiction with Qur'an 5:3, as well as the aforementioned Hadiths.

That does not mean that you cannot make any du'a, rather you are free to make whatever du'a you like. However, to say that this du'a is prescribed in Islam (without it being in the Qur'an or Sunnah) then that is a major sin because a person has invented a new way of worship in Islam; something which the Prophet (peace be upon him) warned against.

Point # 2: The du'a mentioned above contains error as it states:

"...a forsaken soul..."

our souls are not forsaken by Allah, but rather Allah is in control of our souls and looks after us.

I hope that clarifies the matter

.lava

Veteran Member
Point # 1: I was refering specifically to regular acts of worship.

Any act of worship must be in the Qur'an or Sunnah for it to be prescribed in Islam. As you know Islam is complete (see Qur'an 5:3).

Acts of worship which have been invented are rejected as stated in aforementioned Hadiths.

So for someone to come out after the death of the Prophet (peace be upon him) and invent a new way of worshipping Allah then the action of that person is in contradiction with Qur'an 5:3, as well as the aforementioned Hadiths.

That does not mean that you cannot make any du'a, rather you are free to make whatever du'a you like. However, to say that this du'a is prescribed in Islam (without it being in the Qur'an or Sunnah) then that is a major sin because a person has invented a new way of worship in Islam; something which the Prophet (peace be upon him) warned against.

Point # 2: The du'a mentioned above contains error as it states:

"...a forsaken soul..."

our souls are not forsaken by Allah, but rather Allah is in control of our souls and looks after us.

I hope that clarifies the matter

i do not know what you mean by point 1.

there could be misunderstanding about point 2, perhabs. i consider soul as nafs/ego of men. ego is designed to follow Satan and it is full of vices. if it is purified then it is full ot virtues. here i would like to share a verse from Noble Qur'an;

PS: i do not find this translation good enough but i do not know any source where i can quote verses in English. from original text i know that nafs translated as 'my own self'.

12:53 "Nor do I absolve my own self (of blame): the (human) soul is certainly prone to evil, unless my Lord do bestow His Mercy: but surely my Lord is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful."

i do not know forsaken soul was the best expression yet i do not think it is an error. maybe Shia Islam should explain it in the way he understands it. as i understand it one's could not be purified without help and mercy of Allah. because nafs is designed to follow Satan. therefor maybe it is forsaken as long as it is not completely purified with mercy and help of Allah.

Shia Islam

Premium Member
This man who hide behind a name of LOVE “iLOVEislam” is a Wahabi following the Killers of the prophet Family. He dosen’t deny that he is a wahabi.

You can read through my debate with him, where I have shown there beliefs, supported by a video link of their highest cleric, defending Yazeed and condemning Imam Husain (a.s).

You can read this:

http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/islam/84654-moon-god-3.html

iloveislam :
Abdullah narrated that the Prophet (peace be upon him) said:

"I am your predecessor at the Lake-Fount (Kauthar) and some men amongst you will be brought to me, and when I will try to hand them some water, they will be pulled away from me by force whereupon I will say, "O Lord, my companions!" Then the Almighty will say, "You do not know what they did after you left, they introduced new things into the religion after you.""
[Sahih al-Bukhari - Book 88, Number 173]

This Wahabi without knowing has proven that their whole religion is wrong, as it contradicts the basic of this school, which is the source of this religion.
The source of this religion is based on this narration they faked about the prophet:

“My companions are like stars, if you imitate any of them, you will, indeed, be guided”

So according to this school you can follow any of the prophet companions, while this Wahabi without knowing has shown how weak is this religion, as he mentioned that the companions " have introduced new things into the religion”

So you are trying to debate with these Wahabis …Any one who read what they write can easily find that they are not after following evidences and truth.

This Dua’s is narrated by the prophet himself through his family…We don’t take the prophet narrations from the Sunnah books which were written in the second century after the beginning of the Islamic Calendar. As they claim that the prophet himself ordered that no one should write his narrations. We follow Ahlul_Bayt as the prophet ordered

Lets Come to the "...a forsaken soul..." issue this Wahabi raised.
The sentence in Arabic is (as in the Traslitaration):
اَللّـهُمَّ لا تَخْذُلْني فيهِ لِتَعَرُّضِ مَعْصِيَتِكَ

The literal meaning is like this:

اَللّـهُمَّ= O God

لا تَخْذُلْني= don’t forsake me

This same word came in the Quran
“وان يخذلكم فمن ذا الذي ينصركم من بعده”

Read Abdulla Yousuf Translation:
“…If He forsakes you, who is there, after that, that can help you?...” Quran [3:160]

Look How Allah generosity has made his path so apparent, that those who try to hide the truth look like ones who try to hide the sun.

The Truth can be said in one Word of three letters
ALI (a.s)

People who are loved by the prophet will follow Ali (a.s) as there Imam. And to follow some one you have to leave his enemies.

Thanks .lava for reading the Dua'a ...May Allah Accept your prayers :)

Last edited:

.lava

Veteran Member
OK brothers, for the sake of Mubarek Ramadan i invite you both to stop this fight. if it ever means to be invited to show respect to each other, here i invite you. fight between Muslims damage spirit of our religion more than anything on Earth. we are from different nations, different cultures and sure there are differences between some big differences. but it is in our power not to take these differences as reasons to hate each other. hating human belongs to satan as he was the first one who hated human being. just saying as a friend.

May Allah guide us all as none of us is perfect yet.

Shia Islam

Premium Member
O Allah assist me, in this month, to observe fast in its days and worship Thee in its nights; restrain me from indulging in frivolities and transgressing the divine laws; keep me alive praising Thee day in and day out through Thy guidance and grace O the Guide of those who are apt to go astray

Transliteration

ALLAAHUMMA A-I’NNEE FEEHI A’LAA S’IYAAMIHI WA QIYAAMIHI WA JANNIBNEE FEEHI MIN HAFAWAATIHI WA AATHAAMIHI WAR-ZUQNEE FEEHI D’IKRAKA BI-DAWAAMIHI BI-TAWFEEQIKA YAA HAADIYAL MUZ”ILLEEN

Source (It also includes the Arabic Version):
Daily Recitation

Shia Islam

Premium Member
O Allah keep me alive, in this month, wrapped in the compassion (Thou feels) for the orphans; provide me wholesome meals; and let me show forth myself as a true Muslim to spread Islam, let me move in the company of the noble-minded persons, through Thy power, O the Ultimate resting-place of those who long for safety.

Transliteration

ALLAAHUMMAR-ZUQNEE FEEHI RAH’MATAL AYTAAMI WAT’A’AMAT’-T’A-A’AMI WA IFSHAAA-AS SALAAM WA S’UH’BATAL KIRAAM BI-T’AWLIKA YAA MALJA-AL AAMILEEN

Source (Including Arabic Version):
Daily Recitation

Shia Islam

Premium Member
O Allah give me, in this month, a very large share from Thy boundless mercy, let me keep to the right way that leads on to Thy evident clear Signs (Muhammad and Aali Muhammad), and for the sake of Thy love and kindness direct my behaviour, from every angle, unto that which pleases Thee, O the Ultimate Hope of those who eagerly desire fulfillment.

Transliteration

ALLAAHUMMAJ-A’L LEE FEEHI NAS’EEBAN MIN RAH’MATIKAL WAASI-A’H WAH-DINEE FEEHI LI-BARAAHEENIKAS SAAT’I-A’H WA SHUD’ BINAA-S’IYATEE ILAA MARZ”AATIKAL JAAMI-A’H BIMAH’ABBATIKA YAA AMALAL MUSHTAAQEEN

Source (Also Includes Arabic Version):
Daily Recitation

Shia Islam

Premium Member
O Allah, in this month, let me be among those who rely on Thee, let me be among those who succeed in Thy way, let me be among those are allowed nearness to Thee, as a favour, O the Last Resource of those who are needy.

Transliteration

ALLAAHUMMAJ-A’LNEE FEEHI MINAL MUTAWAKKILEENA A’LAYKA WAJ-A’LNEE FEHI MINAL FAAA-IZEENA LADAYKA WAJ-A’LNEE FEEHI MINAL MUQARRABEENA ILAYKA BI-IH’SAANIKA YAA GHAAYATAT’ T’AALIBEEN

Source (Arabic Version is also included):
Daily Recitation

Shia Islam

Premium Member
O Allah show love to me, in this month, by bestowing favours, inspire me with aversion unto that which corrupts my morals or lures me to sins, and through Thy help defend me by granting immunity from penalty and flames of the Fire, O He who comes to the help of those who cry for help.

Transliteration
ALLAHUMMA H’ABBIB ILAYYA FEEHIL IH’SAAN WA KARRIH ILAYYA FEEHIL FUSOOQA WAL I’S’YAAN WA H’ARRIM A’LAYYA FEEHIS SAKHAT’A WAN NEERAANA BI-A’WNIKA YAA GHIYAATHAL MUSTAGHEETHEEN.

Source(Also includes the Dua'a in Arabic):

Daily Recitation 11th Day

Shia Islam

Premium Member
O Allah, in this month, beautify me with the trimming and frills of modesty and chastity, let contentment and (self) satisfaction by my daily wear, let me adhere to justice and fairplay in my dealings with (fellow men), and keep me safe from all that which terrify me, through Thy support, O He who gives support to the frightened.

Transliteration

ALLAAHUMMA ZAYYINNEE FEEHI BIS-SITRI WAL I’FAAF WAS-TURNEE FEEHI BI-LIBAASIL QUNOO-I’WAL KIFAAF WAH’-MILNEE FEEHI A’LAL A’DLI WA INS’AAF WA AAMINNE FEEHI MIN KULLI MAA AKHAAFU BI-I’S’MATAL KHAAA-IFEEN

Source (English+Arabic):
Daily Recitation 12th Day