• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Drum 'n Bass.

blackout

Violet.
and have been a professional musician
and teacher of music for MANY years.Oh I didn't realize you made your living performing a writing music, no one to support you, just you putting bread on the table by performing and writing, as that what being a "professional" musician means. And how many years have you been self sufficient with no other income other than playing and writing? Just curious.

Really, I would love to hear you "hear" your way through Invitation, if you didn't know it, or Bill Evan's The Dolphin, or Lotus Blossom, how about Stablemates.

First off I don't owe you my whole life story.

But yes, for 8 years I made my entire living for me and my daughter
both teaching music and playing music out professionally.
Then after getting married and having 3 more children,
I continued to make about a thrid of our living,
this time as a paid parish accompanist
(the ONLY paid musician in the church),
as well as teaching both piano and guitar,
until I could no longer stand being in the church anymore,
and had to quit.

Now with all children older and in school,
I am preparing to copyright and patent (yes patent)
my highly inovative teaching method,
and have put together a whole new cover tune set,
to make immediate money,
while at the same time working on my own music.
Which has taken a new direction,
as I have as a person.
MY music, I do for ME.
If I ever get it properly recorded,
and people like it, great.
If not... whatever.
For me it is a deep and personal thing.

So sorry if you don't find my credentials impressive enough.
I chose to raise children.
So, alongside private lessons, my career as church musician was all I had time for.

Though I'm sure you will belittle both.
(after all church music is commoner's music,
and children just keep you from building a proper career for yourself.)

Last edited:

blackout

Violet.
and have been a professional musician
and teacher of music for MANY years.Oh I didn't realize you made your living performing a writing music, no one to support you, just you putting bread on the table by performing and writing, as that what being a "professional" musician means. And how many years have you been self sufficient with no other income other than playing and writing? Just curious..

You obviously don't realize a lot of things.

Really, I would love to hear you "hear" your way through Invitation, if you didn't know it, or Bill Evan's The Dolphin, or Lotus Blossom, how about Stablemates.

What do you think richard?
YOu are the only damned professional musician in the universe
capable of transcribing a difficult tune? (ie.. harmonic progression)

Get a grip.

katiafish

consciousness incarnate
UV, I really like your music, the free form is very moving... Thank you for sharing, Really appreciated...

And Richard, I think it has become clear that you are a real
Donkey-06.jpg

richardlowellt

[

So sorry if you don't find my credentials impressive enough.
I find them impressive enough, you apparently earned a living playing music, are involved in composing and teaching, you are passionate about what you do, I can certainly respect that.

I chose to raise children.
So, alongside private lessons, my career as church musician was all I had time for.I understand completely.

Though I'm sure you will belittle both.
(after all church music is commoner's music,
and children just keep you from building a proper career for yourself.)
[/QUOTE]No I would never belittle your music or what you have done, I only belittle music I find intellectually lazy. Button pushers who have not taken the time or energy to learn the basic components of composition and then try and pass their stuff off as somehow creative and important. I guess you can tell what a sore spot that is for me. Good luck with your new approach to teaching, I do hoe you do well with it.

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
Perfect, now that you guys settled that and got your answers, I will respectfully ask you to take any related music questions/answers/opinions to What is music? and leave this thread for drum and bass.

Thank you!

richardlowellt