• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Druidus

Druidus

Keeper of the Grove
It's actually -28C, but with the wind, it feels like late 30's and early 40's. No shorts, not yet. That comes when it gets into the early positive teens (10C<).

Right now, the sun rose around 0600 hours in the morning, and 1800 hours at night.

We had massive snowfall and blizzards while I was in China, and we have snow piled almost to the top of a telephone pole, right beside my house! (I suppose I'll get pics for you guys ;) ). I wear a light spring jacket (It is spring to us), but some still retain their winter coats (I just made them sound like rabbits :p ), and sneakers, for outdoor wear. No hat, no gloves. But I've always liked the cold, most other people do have hats and gloves and snowpants. I suppose I conditioned myself by sleeping with my window open (And sometimes waking up covered in snow! :eek: ). There's supposed to be a lot of snow this weekend too, so I'll see what happens then. Nothing like the blizzard we had two years ago. The wind ripped someone's roof off! We have to get new roadsigns every year, because blizzards destroy them, except in-town. The snow is ripe for snowballs and snowmen, but it's even more ripe for skidooing. *Sighs* If only mine would work... :(

We still have some 15-30 feet deep ice in the bay, and all the lakes are frozen fully to the bottom. No running water yet. The ravens are having a population boom though (We stopped incinerating garbage, and made a landfill. Plenty of food for them now). I don't know if that's bad, or good, because they do defecate all over the place.

Lightkeeper

What do you do about water in your home? Do you have to haul it in? How fast does all of the snow and ice thaw? Do you get floods? What is your average summer temperature?

Druidus

Keeper of the Grove
We've had flooding a couple of years, because the snow on the hills melts too fast. We get our water from a huge lake/reservoir. It doesn't freeze to the bottom, so the pipes can still take water from the lake in winter. However, underground, there is permafrost, so we can't get pipes to every house, only to the lowland ones.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
Hey, Druidus, we got T-shirt weather, its a whopping 33 degrees! Yeah above freezing!
Now its the start of 'mud season' when if you don't know how to tell 'soft' mud from 'hard' mud you get very messy very quickly :D

How long does the Ice keep up there? Do you get to have fun with 'mud season' or does the permafrost keep things pretty solid?

wa:do