• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Druidry

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Feel free to message me too, @Zwing - I'm not as active anymore but I am trying to put up some bits and pieces in my Journal here - Musings of a Tree Hugging Dirt Worshipper. Most of what I write there will be from a Druid angle because that fits the theme of this web forum though keep in mind since Druidry is non-creedal and non-dogmatic what each Druid writes is very much a reflection of their own tradition.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
To add a brief bit on the theism/atheism - the last entry I wrote in the journal in some ways addresses that. I find the entire alleged binary of "theism" and "atheism" to be utterly useless on so many levels. IMHO, it's worse than utterly useless - it's a red herring, a distraction, a detraction from proper discussions about theology and the gods just in general. A lot of that happened in the English-speaking world because of accidents of history from centuries ago that created something of a cultural hegemony in how we think about both theology and religion. Druidry exists so far outside of that cultural hegemony - it is either explicitly Pagan our in some way countercultural - it does us a disservice to keep ourselves stuck in those ways of thinking.

The big appeal of Druidry for many is that it grounds our experience back in precisely that - the ground. The Earth. And recognizing that relationships with these higher powers (aka, the gods, or whatever you do or don't want to call them) is deeply meaningful because we experience these forces each and every day.