• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Drug inspired songs

Spiderman

Veteran Member
What is a song that you think the artist was high when they wrote it.

This one has been playing in my head today for some reason:

But it's definitely not close to the weirdest song I've heard. It still doesn't sound like something a person would write while sober though.

Jumi

Sober people write all kinds of weird things, so much so that you can't really make much of a guess... but it takes drugs for some people to let go of their inhibitions.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Not drug inspired (so i am reliably informed) but it sounds like it should have been

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Sober people write all kinds of weird things, so much so that you can't really make much of a guess... but it takes drugs for some people to let go of their inhibitions.
Yes, but drug use runs rampant in the music industry. So many song artists and vocalists wind up in rehab or dead from drug use. And I know that drugs can Inspire poems and songs.

Jumi

Yes, but drug use runs rampant in the music industry. So many song artists and vocalists wind up in rehab or dead from drug use. And I know that drugs can Inspire poems and songs.
I'd say their use usually make the quality worse. And lots of druggy big name "artists" just play an instrument these days. The songwriters might be completely sober, sitting in some studio or on a beach with a laptop just using the same note sequences that sold the last hit again.

PureX

Veteran Member
Being high is not conducive to creating music. Or to creating much of anything else. The mind sort of flies away with itself while the rest of you stumbles around, mostly doing nothing.

Riders

Did you know in a GAdada vida was suppose to be In The Garden Of Eden but because they were stoned and drunk it came out the other way They left because it sounded more hippieish more with the times