• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Droughts

Messianic Israelite

We already have a thread on about climate change but I wanted to discuss specifically that of drought. In certain locations around the world are in severe drought, even more devastating than it was during the Dust Bowl era. A recent article in Discover magazine warned that much of the United States is in dry, or drought, conditions. "By one measure almost 100% of the west is now in drought and that sets an all-time 122-year-record...that measure, called the Palmer Drought Index, takes into account both moisture and temperature to provide a good view of long-term drought...

"Using another measure, the kind you may be accustomed to, is the Standard US Drought Monitor. About 90% of the West is experiencing some level of drought, with 57% in extreme to exceptional drought, the two worst categories. This week marked a milestone in that this is the highest percent area of drought in the western United States since the drought monitor started in 2000.

"Western farmers and ranchers are facing a brutal growing season as drought conditions drastically reduce water deliveries" says Dan Keppen, Director of the Family Farm Alliance, a non-profit water organisation with members in seventeen Western states. "Many are being forced to make difficult decisions about their operations. No water for a farmer means no crops, no food and a very limited ability to take care of his or her family" Keppen says.

"Also suffering are the water reservoirs in the West..."

Concern is also growing regarding the possibility that the electrical grid in the West will also come under stress because of low-water levels in rivers and reservoirs that is needed for the cooling water that is required in the production of electrical energy at coal and natural gas-fired plants, as well as nuclear plants.

You can read more here: https://secureservercdn.net/45.40.1.../july-2021-SNB.pdf?time=1629213451pdf#page=12

Yahweh has said in His Word He can shut the heavens up for sin so that it doesn't rain (Deuteronomy 11:13-17). Please discuss.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Since this a current events thread not in a religion area, the situation is really serious. I had not thought about electrical energy production, but no doubt that will be given supreme precedence.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Yahweh has said in His Word He can shut the heavens up for sin so that it doesn't rain (Deuteronomy 11:13-17). Please discuss.
Michiganians must be God's chosen people.
Hardly a day goes by this summer without rain.
Sometimes a little....sometimes a deluge.
I bask in his good graces.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
You can read more here: https://secureservercdn.net/45.40.1.../july-2021-SNB.pdf?time=1629213451pdf#page=12

I don't understand why the people in the document think that a radio station and a newsletter are enough to be a witness before such a global and monumental event as the Descent.

The paper plainly claims:
"This new transmitter will broadcast at 300,000 watts of power, and, in this way, MOST OF THE INHABITED AREAS OF THE WORLD WILL BE COVERED WITH THIS END-TIME MESSAGE THROUGH THE POWERFUL SIGNAL OF WMLK RADIO, in fulfillment of the prophecy of Matthew 24:14."
That is ridiculous to me. Its one station of thousands of stations, and it is only in English. The paper, too, though it be given away is not enough, not nearly important enough, to serve as the witness to such a momentous event.

They have gotten a bigger transmitter (300,000 Watt) for their station in PA. We're talking about the physical return of a man whose return will be disruptive to everything on the planet. He's been considered dead for thousands of years, and this little radio station in PA and this little paper is supposed to be the witness to his return to the global stage. Its not making sense.

I think it is people who withhold what ought to be given. They would starve you. They would leave you thirsty. They would make you their pack animal.
  • [Mat 5:45 NIV] 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.
  • [Jas 5:17 NIV] 17 Elijah was a human being, even as we are. He prayed earnestly that it would not rain, and it did not rain on the land for three and a half years.
  • [Deu 32:1-2 NIV] 1 Listen, you heavens, and I will speak; hear, you earth, the words of my mouth. 2 Let my teaching fall like rain and my words descend like dew, like showers on new grass, like abundant rain on tender plants.
  • [Jas 1:5 NIV] 5 If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Michiganians must be God's chosen people.
Hardly a day goes by this summer without rain.
Sometimes a little....sometimes a deluge.
I bask in his good graces.

Comes and goes. We have drought conditions this year, but last year was like your place. I didn't water the lawn once last year. Didn't water it this year either.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
You say that, but I'd be worried what sort of climate action plan it leads to (in complete seriousness).
I'm talking about accepting all the science of climate change, but then slathering some "excessive use of fossil fuels is a sin against God" icing on top. If that's what it takes for him to get on the team, I'm willing to leave it at that.