• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Drop by drop, the jug is filled....

ajay0

Do not ignore the effect of right action saying, "This will come to nothing."Just as by the gradual fall of raindrops the water jar is filled, so in time the wise become replete with good.~ Dhammapada Verse 122

'The transformation, though overnight, was never an overnight process. In Chemistry classes we do the acid-base titration experiments. The final drop from the pipette changes the colour of the solution in the beaker. But were not the earlier drops significant? Similarly, righteous living all through life purified me and enabled the overnight transformation.' ~ Rajini Menon ( excerpted from an article on Rajini Menon )

https://www.lifepositive.com/a-light-unto-herself/

This ancient saying of the Buddha and modern saying of the female enlightened sage Rajini Menon shows that virtuous or ethical conduct is potent enough to effect enlightenment, and is a spiritual exercise in itself.

This also effectively shows that positive values and virtues are not mere abstract contrivances as the nihilist and existentialist philosophies assert, and virtuous or ethical conduct have their own place in the scheme of things.

ajay0

All you need is Love
I Love simplicity

Love and ethical conduct too are interrelated, imho.

Remember reading this saying of Martin Luther King....

Power at its best is love implementing the demands of justice. Justice at its best is love correcting everything that stands against love.” ― Martin Luther King Jr.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Love and ethical conduct too are interrelated, imho.

Remember reading this saying of Martin Luther King....

Power at its best is love implementing the demands of justice. Justice at its best is love correcting everything that stands against love.” ― Martin Luther King Jr.
I agree, all are related with each other, when we speak about human values.

When entering the Ashram of Sai Baba they have a beautiful statue. Sarva Dharma symbol (below). Around it are the 5 human values depicted: Sathya (speaking truth), Dharma (acting righteous), Shanti (peaceful mind), Prema (Divine Love), Ahimsa (non violence)

If you follow 1 one of them, Sai Baba said that the others will come to you automatically. And Love is the undercurrent in all of them

upload_2020-8-24_16-39-41.png

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Do not ignore the effect of right action saying, "This will come to nothing."Just as by the gradual fall of raindrops the water jar is filled, so in time the wise become replete with good.~ Dhammapada Verse 122

'The transformation, though overnight, was never an overnight process. In Chemistry classes we do the acid-base titration experiments. The final drop from the pipette changes the colour of the solution in the beaker. But were not the earlier drops significant? Similarly, righteous living all through life purified me and enabled the overnight transformation.' ~ Rajini Menon ( excerpted from an article on Rajini Menon )

https://www.lifepositive.com/a-light-unto-herself/

This ancient saying of the Buddha and modern saying of the female enlightened sage Rajini Menon shows that virtuous or ethical conduct is potent enough to effect enlightenment, and is a spiritual exercise in itself.

This also effectively shows that positive values and virtues are not mere abstract contrivances as the nihilist and existentialist philosophies assert, and virtuous or ethical conduct have their own place in the scheme of things.
Then you toss it in the big pond.