• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Driving Tips

Tell me you smoke at the wheel when you drive far away ? Or are you waiting for a stop?

And in general, how do you feel about smoking at the wheel?

Ayjaydee

When buying gasoline, estimate how many gallons you'll need to fill the tank.
Don't stray away from your vehicle when filling.
And then when nearing the max, pay careful attention to the pump's automatic shut-off.
Because if the back pressure sensor doesn't work, gasoline will pour out onto the ground.
This happened to me a couple days ago.
I was right there, so very little spilled.
But one of the station attendants said some other recent traveller was less careful,
& lost many gallons. Somehow, this caught fire, taking out several pumps in the
resulting conflagration.
We cant walk away
It will shut off

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Our pumps dont have an auto, you have to release the lever which is a mechanical valve actuator. If it doest retract you will know that the fuel is still flowing by feel and know it shouldn't be
Wow....I can't remember back when there was no auto shut-off mechanism on pumps.
Where do you live....in the 1930s?

Ayjaydee

Wow....I can't remember back when there was no auto shut-off mechanism on pumps.
Where do you live....in the 1930s?
We used to have them but it was decided they were unsafe and removed. But we still have the auto shutoff as long as you're still compressing the valve handle but you cant walk away a leave it pumping

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
We used to have them but it was decided they were unsafe and removed. But we still have the auto shutoff as long as you're still compressing the valve handle but you cant walk away a leave it pumping
Oh, I see what you mean.
I occasionally find pumps requiring that I stand there depressing the trigger on the valve.
Hate those.

Audie

Veteran Member
And then when nearing the max, pay careful attention to the pump's automatic shut-off.
Because if the back pressure sensor doesn't work, gasoline will pour out onto the ground.
But one of the station attendants said some other recent traveller was less careful,
resulting conflagration.

How about "Dont be Chinese while driving".

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
resulting conflagration.

But is it ok to park at the pump, go into the convenience store and do some shopping, and then come out and fill the tank....during a snow storm..... I'm just wondering because I came across that during the first big snowstorm we got this year......3 cars taking up space at the pumps with no one in them, while copious parking spaces were available..... I came in, filled up and was getting in the car when owners of 2 of the 3 came out carrying bags of junk food and THEN started the whole putting gas in their car process. All 3 cars where there when I arrived

Wu Wei

But, back to driving tips.....

When you are taking a right turn, use your right turn signal, not your left
And, when taking a left turn, use your left turn signal, not your right.
(and yes I did see the car right in front of me doing this)

At night, high-beams are not meant to be used at all timed, go to low beam when you encounter on coming traffic OR if you are on a major highway in traffic (this is becoming epidemic in my area)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
But is it ok to park at the pump, go into the convenience store and do some shopping, and then come out and fill the tank....during a snow storm..... I'm just wondering because I came across that during the first big snowstorm we got this year......3 cars taking up space at the pumps with no one in them, while copious parking spaces were available..... I came in, filled up and was getting in the car when owners of 2 of the 3 came out carrying bags of junk food and THEN started the whole putting gas in their car process. All 3 cars where there when I arrived
In Revoltistan, such people get the breath penalty.
(Some ask for the death penalty, but that would be too lax.)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Next snowstorm I'm going to fill up the tank...of the tank

I actually seriously considered buying a small tank some years ago.
But it wasn't nearly as manly as the one in your video. It had rubber
tires, & just a machine gun (disabled, of course). And it wasn't even
Ameristanian....some Eurotrash thing (but in great condition).
I vaguely recall that it was Belgian. It looked somewhat like...
5509.jpg

I should'a bought it.
It would'a been great at car & truck shows.

Wu Wei

I actually seriously considered buying a small tank some years ago.
But it wasn't nearly as manly as the one in your video. It had rubber
tires, & just a machine gun (disabled, of course). And it wasn't even
Ameristanian....some Eurotrash thing (but in great condition).
I vaguely recall that it was Belgian. It looked somewhat like...
5509.jpg

I should'a bought it.
It would'a been great at car & truck shows.

You need a Greyhound......the tank...not the dog

rtv11.jpg