• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Driver of Tesla caught speeding to be criminally charged

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It's gone too far. Even prescription medication is a DUI, but you can have a toothache, and have a mental breakdown while driving... It's radicalized enforcememt of the law... It's ridiculous.
If one is impaired, one should refrain from driving.
It's a big risk not just to oneself, but to others.
I'd radicalize enforcement even further.

Cooky

Veteran Member
You know, for a CDL holder, a 0.04% BAC is illegal. That means driving your own car after one single sip of wine means jail... Just touching wine to your lip will get you a 0.04.

...That's ridiculous and over the top.

Last edited:

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
You know, for a CDL holder, a 0.04% BAC is illegal. That means driving your own car after one single sip of wine means jail... Just touching wine to your lip will get you a 0.04.

...That's ridiculous and over the top.

That's law

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
A Tesla driver was caught sleeping on Autopilot at high speed, police are charging him criminally - Electrek

150 km/hr = 93.2057 mph

I don't think could even possibly sleep under those circumstances. Either they were complete fools or they put a lot of trust in their autopilot.

An acquaintance of mine owns a Tesla. Amazing technology. He told me about a road trip form here (Edmonton) to Seattle, and I asked how many times he turned the self-drive off. 'Once' was his reply.

In another 10 years the system will be basically foolproof. In some time longer it might become mandatory. I'm looking forward (I won't see it, can only dream) to the day when there are no drunk drivers, and no other idiots on the road.