• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Drinking Horn

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Saw this in a shop @The Hammer, @Saint Frankenstein :D

20230131_112356.jpg

RestlessSoul

My son bought one of those during lockdown. Sat in his room blaring out Scandinavian metal and drinking out of that thing

Viker

Häxan
In my little religious circle we call a drinking horn a keras ( Greek derivative for horn ) or cornus (Latin). We use them in ritual drinking blood mead or red wine from them. Bloody diabolists the whole lot of us. :p

The Kilted Heathen

Crow FreyjasmaðR
From right to left:
Warhorn, Warhorn/Drinking horn combo (~20oz), casual drinking horn (~20 ml), ritual drinking horn (~12 ml), shotglass drinking horn (unknown quantity, <12 ml)

20230202_144133.jpg

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
That is pretty cool, ngl. Wish I could come across something like that here.

Unfortunately, I haven't seen mead anywhere here. When I ask at the store, no one knows what it is. :(

Do you guys have a BevMo!™ they might carry it. That's the only place I can find it now, near me. (I actually drive three hours away to get my mead every few months, because I have a brand I like).

Last edited:

The Kilted Heathen

Crow FreyjasmaðR
I'm able to get Dansk Mjød from Mac-a-Doodles here, as well as more high-end liquor stores. A lot of places have it listed as "honey wine" to better comply with America's weird alcohol tax laws, but some of the more high-end imports are harder to get. Even on beer; I haven't been able to find Einstök outside of the East Coast.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
I'm able to get Dansk Mjød from Mac-a-Doodles here, as well as more high-end liquor stores. A lot of places have it listed as "honey wine" to better comply with America's weird alcohol tax laws, but some of the more high-end imports are harder to get. Even on beer; I haven't been able to find Einstök outside of the East Coast.

Those aren't ones I've heard of. Maybe I'll look them up.

I get this brand. It's local to my State.

Melchemy Craft Mead

They do deliver though.

Heyo

Veteran Member
That is pretty cool, ngl. Wish I could come across something like that here.

Unfortunately, I haven't seen mead anywhere here. When I ask at the store, no one knows what it is. :(
Ask for beekeepers in your area, they may make some home brew. Or brew some yourself. A friend of mine and member of our living history group is brewing the best mead I ever had.